Author Topic: new WWASP school in NY, Ivy Ridge  (Read 44927 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
new WWASP school in NY, Ivy Ridge
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
Someone should close this place down. You are very brave to report it.

Good Luck with the rest of your life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »
It sounds like the Director was abusive to the children at the last home ""Casa By the sea". If this is the case he should be investigated and fired if appropriate. We do not need to "abuse" to teach. Maybe they need a cvisit from "Super Nanny" or "Nanny 911"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
I was considering sending my son to Ivy Ridge, but I took the time to do some checking into these so called "Specialty Schools."  There is abuse at EVERY SCHOOL under the umbrella of TEEN HELP!!  I am interested to know how it is that you know FOR SURE that your son is being treated well at Ivy Ridge, and that there is no abuse going on?  How long has he been there?  Have you seen him since he's been there?  Have you attended the Discovery Seminar yet?  If you have attended the seminar I would like to know what your experience at this, (what I have heard to be a cult-like seminar) was like?  IF you are soley basing your answer to the question "What is wrong with Ivy Ridge" on what the staff are telling you, then I would get on a plane or in your car and get there ASAP, and get your son the hell out of there, before it's too late!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
Okay so anal searches never happened.. thats definately an exageration.

FOR THE STAFF MEMBER:
I'm intrigued to know which staff member is posting here.. I might have hated you at the ridge, but I must say that I respect your honesty on this forum. The bottom line is that the majority of the people they hire are the same people you'd see getting into a bar room fight. They take out their anger on the students, for two reasons. One, because they can... Two, because, simply put, they just dont like us! I attended Ivy Ridge for awhile, and it was the absolute worst experience of my life. No nightmare I've ever had can surpass some of my worst days at Ivy Ridge. I'll never forget how I felt, and how fast my heart was beating as I watched George Tulip, Tim Reed, and another staff come chasing at me while I was simply sitting on the floor in intervention. The feeling I felt before They jumped on top of me. I'll never forget Justin Strade a 12 year old kid from florida, who looked younger then my average sized 8 yr old brother , being jumped on by 3 full sized men. You say the program can work. Well by god I believe you. If you put anyone or anything in a controlled environment, and tell it what to do all day by physical force and mental punishment.. well eventually it's going to do what you want! But, you must remember, it's doing it for you, and not for their self. So in other words its not going to mean shit a year down the road when they're released. Anyways, I'm definately curious as to who you are, anonymous staff. I think you may have been one of the few staffmembers I actually looked up to. You dont have to tell me who you were, I'm just curious if you knew who I was. My name is Chris G and I was in Quest Family under Leslie Bass and later Dan Buckley... You probably knew me... I was quite the "troublemaker" haha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
Hey-my name is Elizabeth Schlidt. I attended AIR from April 1, 2002 to February 29, 2004. I have been home, going to college doing pretty good. I have recently been doing some writing about AIR, and have found it entertaining, depressing, and occasionally irritating to hear what ex students, graduates, parents, etc. have to say about the place I gave close to two years of my life to. Some of it is true, and some of it is BS. Anyhow-to the point-if anyone has stories from Ivy Ridge, girl's side or boy's side, I'd be interested in hearing them if I don't already know them. I am in the process of writing a book. I don't expect it to be done anytime soon, but I sure would appreciate your help. Thanks!
               Elizabeth
               [email protected]
               307-258-7970

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »
hey i attended AIR for 10 months about a year ago. . . how long ago were you there? email me at [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »
wow ... elizabeth idk if you'll remember me ... i was one of your hope buddies, krystina stocki ... email me if you get the chance [email protected]

Offline LSwi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »
Hi my name is Leah SWigert-  I was the 5th girl to arrive at IVY RIDGE-  If you remember me please e-mail me some time
[email protected]

Offline JamerZawski

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
accually i knew a kid in my group from queens that took an anal search it was in the early part of the program, and it was over the shank incident before i entered AIR (Jan. 3rd 2003) but in the early rule book the process of an anal search was strippin down into a towel (or boxers, pullin your legs somewhat apart and jumping up and down a few times.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »
everyone had to jump up and down during intake. thats true. they would either make you do it in boxers or in the towel. i had to do it in boxers

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
First of all MOM you have no idea wtf goes on there...so shut your mouth :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
uh....where did that come from>??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2005, 06:55:00 AM »
On 2005-02-11 11:38:00, JamerZawski wrote:

"accually i knew a kid in my group from queens that took an anal search it was in the early part of the program, and it was over the shank incident before i entered AIR (Jan. 3rd 2003) but in the early rule book the process of an anal search was strippin down into a towel (or boxers, pullin your legs somewhat apart and jumping up and down a few times."

What was the shank incident?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
I would like to thank the employee of ivy ridge who posted. About the only intelligent post here. I especially like the part about give your kids up for adoption. How true. The mother of my kid stuck her in ivy ridge to get out of paying me childsupport. I'm pissed. I am 46yrs old. I was placed in a real boarding school when I was 6yrs. old Iwas there till I was 14 and told my mother to go to hell. I t took me 2 weeks and a threat to her mother to finally find out where she had put her. It took another 2weeks to get the tour of the place. I have filed for custody.Is there abuse going on a ivy ridge. I guarentee it. I could see it before I ever left my house for the 6hr ride to get there. I have the letters from my daughter telling me not to take her mother to court and try to get her out of the "school" This pissed me off. A real "school" would never have allowed her to know what I was doing. Ask any counselor in the world and they would tell you it was wrong. Excuse my french but read your fucking handbook that you were given on page 12 about manipulation. I was then allowed to go to the school for a tour. I have been a few places in my life. I was an over the road truckdriver. Odgensburg, NY . Been there before the middle of nowwhere. Real onehorse town. ivy ridge will put this town on the map.Probably one ofthe largest employers in the town I do the tour bullshit. I was walking down the hall and the kids would sneak glances at me. I asked about that. I was told until they get to a certain "level" you can't talk. Holly shit, you take a dog to obiedence school and at least he can bark. You know what, I don't have the time to tell you dumb ass parents about it .I have been in Jail (for childsupport) and boarding school for 9yrs and ivy ridge. That is also the degree of dificulty. Jail is a piece of cake . Boarding school sucked and ivy ridge is the bottom of the fucking barrell. If you are a parent reading this, use your fucking yuppy head. You tell your kids you don't want them to grow up and work in Micky D's, Who do you think is taking care of your kids. I went to a bar whileI was there and talked to some people.what a joke.Think of this, where you work, you have good and bad employees. Do you think this shit hole is any different. I went to a so called respectable boarding school. There was sexual abuse there and this was in the 60's. Get you head out of your ass. Can you really be this fucking stupid. You work at a job what happens when you have somebody with power. Your boss, or somebody elses boss. Do some of them abuse the power?? Do cops, judges,teachers and even the asshole security guard abuse there power. Put anybody incontrol of somebody and there is the potential for abuse. Now, take the mentality of some of the employees of ivy ridge. You dumb asses. Do you honestly think that one of these hillbillies wouldn't take a blowjob for a smoke. Hell,our one fucken president did it. Where was the secret service?? This place is supposed to be above that? I have been there done that. Do I still have the scares from when I was in a boarding school. Hell yes, 35 yrs later. You ass holed have more money than brains. Insted of the 2cars and the big house you should of spent somemoney on learning how to be a parent. You invented the word TIME OUT. Now you assholes invented the saying, My kid is out of control. Never heard that when I was growing up.Hey, put the kid on ridlin, he must have a problem. You are the fuckin problem. ivy ridge says the kids made poor choices. The kid had no choice to have a stupid parents. Sorry to go off but I hate yuppys and stupid people. They both blame others for there problems. I used to see the yuppies at my daughter's sports events, Usually standing there talking to another ashole about there job, there new house, cars,... Hey, asshole , your kid just scored a goal. They are the ones who say that they don't know what went wrong with so and so's kid . He came from a good family. Nice neighborhood and gave him or her everything. You know who you are. You sent your kid to a place, Not a school. They cheat to get your kid through school. Your kid is home schooled. If you are so fucking smart, have one of the parents stay home and teach the kid. Save the $ 40,000.00 plus cash. Remember this is equal to making$60,000.00. No don't, you were dumb enough to send your kid to ivy ridge your too stupid to educate them. Shit you too stupid to be a parent. Remember, you are the minority, there are a hell of alot more good parents than bad. Hey, the next time you go out to eat at Micky D's or the country club look at the person who waites on you and tell him that you have more money than him but, he will probably be a better parent. And, for the kids who got out of these places. When you turn 18 get a lawyer. Sue you parents, they fucked you. They put you on this earth and didn't do there job. They had choices. abortion, adoption. But they chose to fuck you up themselves. If your still in ivy ridge, I know you wont be reading this. Also, I would be glad to take a couple kids at my house. You give me custody will call the $40,000.00 childsupport and it will be tax free to me. I will teach you kid what he or she needs to know. [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
Do you have court order visitations? if is you should go make sure every visit is taken. If you get a entire weekend take her off campus and out of state even. WWASP will not put up with this and will kick her out. Also if you go this route make sure you have your divorce papers that spell out the visits and if they try to deny you a visit the police have to help enforce your visit.

Also if you have partial custidy you can pull her from Ivy Ridge yourself even, you dont need her monthers permission. Just be prepared for a court battle.

E-mail me at [email protected] and i will try to help you.