Author Topic: new WWASP school in NY, Ivy Ridge  (Read 44936 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
new WWASP school in NY, Ivy Ridge
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I just have to say that is a lie with the abuse issue at A.I.R (academy at ivy ridge) there was abuse atleast once a day, and the sickest part most of the time it was with an individual who was disabled and they actually made this persons face bleed many times. It wasnt just like this with one person , many people got hit often. On my dads birthday i was sent to OP because i broke down due to the fact my dad died several years ago instead of taking the time aside and helping a person with this issue i got sent to OP and lost all my points and then was restrained because i felt there was no point of things because i just basicly lost all my "points" in their stupid little system because i broke down emotionally because of what i was dealing with, There are many flaws with this program. Like I said at any time if anyone has questions Email me at [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »
Thats bullshit , i will tell you that i did learn somethings there as far as respect, but the ways they go for things are totally out of line , They have no right to strike another individual in any what way or form , physically or mentally so its obvious you are either a worker of a WWASP program or you have no idea ........                                             [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
PLEASE!!!

can you re-read what you wrote (below) and believe that it's okay to have a window of loss?? I wonder how programmed parents would react if they were in the program? ...they really are- but if they had to earn the right to go to the bathroom alone etc.?     :sad:  

I wouldn't bet on God blessing this program...(another principality maybe) because God cares about the least of us, the most hiddeous,the disfigured, the shut-in's and those that may never get off level one! (imagine that) How will he say you and the program have represented his interests to these captive children?

anon wrote earlier .....
Clearly the anti "boarders" never "got it" In other words they are still spewing their manipulative stuff. I have met several grads from Ivy and they are outstanding people. Parents, level one students have to earn priveleges and move up the levels. Some of these anti boarders never chose to leave level one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Well you are obviously being lied to , i spent a year and a half there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »
I happen to know of at least seven different employees there who have been arrested for a variety of reasons in their personal lives. Some I know very personally- unfortunately. These workers don't even care about their OWN kids, let alone someone else's. One Parent Coordinator's kid even committed suicide after being abused. Are these people who we want looking after our kids???? SOMEONE SHOULD CHECK THIS PLACE OUT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 01:25:00 AM »
I happen to know of at least seven different employees there who have been arrested for a variety of reasons in their personal lives. Some I know very personally- unfortunately. These workers don't even care about their OWN kids, let alone someone else's. One Parent Coordinator's kid even committed suicide after being abused. Are these people who we want looking after our kids???? SOMEONE SHOULD CHECK THIS PLACE OUT.

There is abuse there and all I can say is that the people living in the surrounding areas DO NOT like having that school there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »
yo my friend Drew Coldiron got sent to this place like a year ago and he's supposed to be back in like a week and me and my friends don't know how to approach the situation because they never in a year let any of us contact him. I think the whole system is wack my boy was at cross creek for like two years and he's back doing the same dumb shit i don't even think it works E-Mail me or IM me and [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »
Who are you talking about, what 7 employees?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »
its all true i was there from wen ivy ridge started tuntil dec.28 2002 lol bet theyll figure out who i am if they read this buti dont care they cant hurt me anymore im home and have been for 12 months. the program only teaches u to b sumbissive and a really big FAKE well it doesnt teach u it forces you humiliates you dehumanizes you yea its all true there are hundreds of accounts of kids from these programs are they all lying?some mayb most no if not physicaly abused then mentally in my case i will forever b different n no not a good way

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »
my email is [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »
I happen to work at Academy at Ivy Ridge. Let me just say that the program can work, but immature, self-centered students who don't want to follow the rules, untrained, incompetent staff (not all of them, but enough to make a difference), and indifferent, ignorant administration make it difficult, if not impossible. The program itself isn't flawed, but the people in it sure as hell are. I could tell you so many stories about all the rampant stupidity taking place at the Ridge, both involving students and staff, but I'm sure it won't make a lick of difference to anyone listening anyway.

My best advice is if you're a student, stop whining and blaming everyone else for your problems, and just try to learn a sense of respect and personal accountability. If you're at a place like Ivy Ridge, chances are you did something to put you there. So quit being a fat baby about it and grow up.

As for parents who have or are considering sending their kids to an institution like this, don't. You're better off doing what it takes to guide your son or daughter back to a productive path on your own. If you can't, don't know how, or don't want to, you're sad. Put your kid up for adoption now so someone who knows better or cares can raise him or her up to be an upstanding individual. It'll be the best thing for both you and the kid.

If you're staff, your job probably sucks as much as mine. But if it's really that bad, look for a better one and quit taking your problems out on the people around you. In your position, you have the lives of some 400+ children in your hands. Maybe not all at once, but if you're there long enough, you'll end up touching the lives of each and everyone one of those kids at some point or another. Whether that will be for better or worse is up to you. If you're there just for the money, and couldn't care less what happens to the children under your care, you should be looking for another job, regardless of your opinions towards your workplace or your position within it.

In the unlikely event that any of the Ivy Ridge administrators are reading this, take it from me. A lot of shenanigans are taking place in the lower ranks of the Ivy Ridge staff, regardless of what you may be hearing via status reports or supervisor testimonial. Much of it is very detrimental to the well-being of the students and even the other staff. The ranks of the nightwatch, dorm parents, and even the upper-level advisory staff are rife with corruption. Some of your own supervisors, assigned to maintain order among the majority of the bottom-level staff are actively contributing to the disorder and blatant disregard for school policy being displayed on a daily basis. If it's within your power, you need to take a serious look at what takes place on a day to day basis among the dorm parents, night staff, and their respective supervisors. Oh, and cameras in dorm two would be nice. Everything that happens over there is open game. The staff know it and the students know it. There's something rotten in Denmark, if you know what I mean. Maybe it can't be helped, but it's definitely worth a second look.

Anyway, as far as Ivy Ridge itself, it's got it's problems, but it's not the cause of our problems. Places like that only thrive because no one wants to take accountability for their own actions. Not the kids. Not the parents. Not even the staff assigned to put order to it all. So quit passing the buck, and do what you have to do to make things right in your life, whatever that may be. Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
That is exactly why the school should have state oversite if it does not already.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »
No abuse?
Keep telling yourself that, Mom.   I suggest if you have a child up there, you make a surprise visit--see what happens at that place--the beatings, the drugs, the anal searches, the unsafe and filthy unsanitary conditions, the insane rules, the kind of treatment that will destroy any confidence or creativity your child may have had.   What you will have when he/she gets out is either a mindless robot, or a kid so angry he won't know what to do with it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »
where do you get your information from? or are you just a former student? because if that is the case then I will assume that is where your accusations come from

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »
:wstupid:

Anal searches? Are you completely out of touch with reality? This is Northern NY, not WWII Stalingrad, fuckhead. I've been working at Ivy Ridge for a year now and I've seen the staff step out of line from time to time, but I've never seen any anal searches, drug misconduct, or health threats. Ivy Ridge has it's problems, but it's still just a school, not the concentration camp you make it out to be. Now either back up your claims with specific reports, or shut the fuck up, you bleeding-heart moron.