Author Topic: Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO  (Read 95292 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2006, 12:38:00 AM »
o yea that was sargent quinn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »
the turnover rate at that facillity is so great that i am surprised anyone remembers anyone.  the bundys do not treat their employees right and so many of them leave.  also, will cannot stand it when people offer other ideas or suggestions from anyone.  she has to be in control and all the time.  she is a complete phsycho!  i know....i was a fam rep when it first opened.  i probably was one of the better staff there and didnt let her brainwash me into hurting the kids emotionally.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2007, 04:13:04 PM »
i went to the school john and willa bundy own it its thayer learning center in kidder missouri i was there for seven months from sep of 06 to april of 07 anyways everything you read about it is true it's an swful place nothing really bad happened to me but i've seen some stuff it was alot worse if you were a male and im not  but hopefully they get shut down they dont care about the kids they're just in it for the money its full of abuse in any way possible and inhumane they give you tons of water that you have to drink and tell you when you can go to the bathroom and you get 30 seconds even if there is up to 15 ppl about the whole medical issue its true as of recently dorthy steele isn't there anymore but she was the whole medical person but she had no experience basically all she did was told you to suck it up and that you were faking it the only time something was done was when it got serious like really high fever or repeated pucking if you weren't new but it didn't last long the hole program is BULLSHIT i talk to most of the ppl i was there with and it didn't help any of them.... if you wana talk to any of them theres a myspace group thatyer learning center cadets theres a ton of them even ones who were there when that kid died

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 22, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I was there for 4 months , i went in this time last year.Some people try to help others dont.But they Do lie alot to the parents.they try t braidnwash u(for real)(u have to watch G Rated(Kids 5 and under) movies everyday for 90 days.and sometiems we are taken out and once it was a smoke session, and we ran SEVENTY LAPS on and off through 1-2 hours.Maybe you should send your kid there tell him a secret code you will write in your letters or somethin because they read every letter coming in and cross out stuff they dotn want you to see.The nafter that month sue them.
were you there in 2003? I worked there then. Whats ur name

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 22, 2007, 09:19:26 AM »
The girls name was ashley axton, I believe.
do you know ashley?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2007, 09:22:20 AM »
and dont say anything about hard bootcamp to me i was an o.g and we went through the worst of you all, thanks drill seargent lollar and d.s grey ; )
Whos this?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2007, 10:20:05 AM »
Whoz You?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2007, 01:12:38 AM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""
Whoz You?
Ex-employee from 02-early 03. Who are you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2008, 09:51:58 PM »
man, all i gotta say is fuck tht place. nothing but damn liers and manipulaters.cheating ppl out of their money and valuable time(where we could actually be in the world TRYING to do something instead odf a locked down facility where the only thing your parents could hear is the BULLsHIT the staff says.. what makes ppl think tht all these ppl in it for ur money are actually gonna tell u the truth if the truth will cause students to be pulled out, students being pulled out=less money. ppl lie for  a reason. these ppl are just hungry for money and power. but KARMAS A BITCH and there time WILL come. trust. just let all these parents keep there money, cause just like i didnt change .i know most didnt. stop wasting your time. i wasnt there through the worst but stilll,i was there and it was bad, theres no need for a place like tht. the worlds already fucked up enough. yea i went there. for a yr. 2006. im still me. if u get there. best piece of advice, fake it till u make it. its what i did. but now i say fuck all the damn ppl tht didnt care, if u did, ur cool, in my book, and i know who it is n shit. much love for the ppl tht had an impact in my life. dont get me wrong, i did get shit out of it, and i did learn alot about myself and other shit, but the time,money, and physical/mental abuse... definately not worth it. at all.. ms willa aint shit. thayer aint shit, and i plan on doing some shit about it. cause the one and only thing tht thayer taught me is tht i CAn be the shit, and nothing and or no1 will stop me. bye bye thayer. you WILL shut down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
I was very interested in finding this thread as it seems to be filled with a lot of repressed anger and hate. I researched the information out there about Thayer and Willa Bundy and after reading a lot of things it really seems like a lot of this nonsense is unfounded. I could not find anywhere that Thayer was EVER prosecuted or actually charged with any abuse or wrongdoing. In my experience when there is a lot of information out there that is REAL and TRUTHFUL that there is prosecution behind them. But what I found was a lot of repeated information that didn't even seem accurate at ALL. While I imagine that kids do not and did not like being sent to a school the things that some of them claim seem just kind of silly to me. If all the information out there is true then why hasn't Social Services or Law enforcement ever charged them with anything? When there is actual evidence of abuse I will believe these things until then, I'm giving Thayer the benefit of the doubt that they are actually out there to do good and help people.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »
Quote from: "Guest123456789"
I was very interested in finding this thread as it seems to be filled with a lot of repressed anger and hate. I researched the information out there about Thayer and Willa Bundy and after reading a lot of things it really seems like a lot of this nonsense is unfounded. I could not find anywhere that Thayer was EVER prosecuted or actually charged with any abuse or wrongdoing. In my experience when there is a lot of information out there that is REAL and TRUTHFUL that there is prosecution behind them. But what I found was a lot of repeated information that didn't even seem accurate at ALL. While I imagine that kids do not and did not like being sent to a school the things that some of them claim seem just kind of silly to me. If all the information out there is true then why hasn't Social Services or Law enforcement ever charged them with anything? When there is actual evidence of abuse I will believe these things until then, I'm giving Thayer the benefit of the doubt that they are actually out there to do good and help people.

Well, the local media reports that the sheriff has stated that:
Sheriff's deputies and former staff members and students have alleged that students at Thayer Learning Center are forced to participate in unreasonable fitness activities, denied medical attention and punished in bizarre ways.
But as the article also explains the procecutor didn't do his job.

"Why" is the obivious question and maybe it has something to do with job in the community.

The Kansas City Star also suggest that it is the case

KIDDER, Mo. - Although some Kidder residents express concern about allegations surrounding Thayer Learning Center, there are city and church leaders who passionately defend the school.
Thayer has provided an economic boon to struggling Caldwell County and the city of Kidder, which has fewer than 300 residents. It's easily the largest employer in the city and - coupled with a related business operated by Thayer owners John and Willa Bundy - has pumped more than $10,000 of tax...
They settled out of court with the parents of the boy who died there. If they were innocent normally you should expect that they would have bashed the parents in court. Why didn't they?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »
What happened to all the kids when the school closed down?  Did any of the kids return to graduate after July 2009?  What happened to the phone call counselor called Ms. Sandi?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
I'm not sure what happened to Ms. Sandi.. I've been trying to call her for 3 weeks now..
Hey everyone.. my name is Gabrielle.

My intake: June 14th 2007
Homeward Bound : July 2nd 2008

President Lamarche  :)

I would love to talk to anyone who wants to talk about TLC..
I have a very open opinion..

[email protected]

e-mail or add on myspace or facebook.

<3

Offline jeanette619

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »
fkkk that place! i was there in 2006 and the time i spent there i experience the worst time of my life!!!
i was taken down constantly spit in my face by the sargeants all my letters were blacked out all the stuff my mom sent me like shampoos conditioner soap my books they kept even all my gold jewlery it supposedly got lost!!
they made us carry our bins over our heads while we ran a miles our arms would shake n colapse n those bitch ass srgnt would just laugh and enjoy taking us down i had to go to physical therapy wen i left that place my arms wouldnt go straight up they would do all kids of crazy movements and eventualy would go straight up.
wat was that fat ass srgnt name omg when i would hear her voice i would get so scared my body trembledd she had a sister who was a counsler.

feel free to get at me at [email protected]