Author Topic: My Son At Thayer  (Read 64833 times)

Offline Cptnemo

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« on: April 18, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »
Last September I made several posts regarding my son at TLC.  My wife and I were then pleased with his progress.  Needless to say, the reaction form the readers of this board was mostly negative.

I cannot comment upon other's situations; the reasons why their parents sent them off to Thayer or their TCL experiences.  My comments only apply to our particular situation.

So, for those who saw my posts, I wanted to pass along an update.

Our son left TLC in the Fall of last year.  He enrolled in a university and was awarded an academic scholarship.  How is he now:

1)  He is completely changed, no drugs, no alcohol no stupidity.

2)  We see him regularly and he is a completely different person.

3)  He both dislikes TLC and at the same time gives them credit for his transformation.  He refers to almost everyone there as a "dick".  He also said that if he had a son or daughter who acted like he did, he would send them there.

4)  He is a straight "A" student.

5)  He agrees that Thayer is the "end of the road" and for the kids headed for prison if they don't reform.

6)  He has become our dream son.

Thayer uses us as a reference.  We are pleased to tell parents of our experiences and how, in our opinion, TLC saved our son's life.

TLC is not for every kid.  It is for the truly hard cases, like our son was.  Again,  I cannot comment on other's situations and circumstances.  All I can say is that in the one instance we are intimately familiar with, TLC saved our son's life and truly turned him into a young man we are very proud of.

Cptnemo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ptnemo

Offline terrified_mother

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 03:59:00 AM »
No sane parent would post an endorsement for this facility in light of the information that is now public.  And any parent who genuinely seeks help for their child could never, seriously, consider this facility after a minimum of research.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »
You sound very much like a typical brainwashed parent, eager to hand over the responsiblity over the problem child to someone else.

6)  He has become our dream son.

Was that the purpose here? A lot of these programs seem to have a covert goal of creating the perfect stepford child. It sounds like all this was more about your dreams and wishes, and less about his well-being (well, you obviously had no regard for his wellbeing if you sent him to a place like Thayer).

Thayer uses us as a reference. We are pleased to tell parents of our experiences and how, in our opinion, TLC saved our son's life.

Being the puppets of an abusive gulag is not something to be proud of. And that "saved his life" line is getting old.

TLC is not for every kid.

TLC is not for any kid. No matter how bad they're doing, no matter what kind of trouble they got themselves into. No child deserves to go through that.

It is for the truly hard cases, like our son was.

Another program buzzline. Programs love saying that their program is for "really tough cases", to justify their cruelty and abuse to the parents, while accepting any kid with any sort of problem, as long as his/her parents can pay.

I hope your son is/will be happy, and that he'll have a good life and come out of all this eventually. I don't see much hope for you.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
curiously..this person says thay posted "several times before" regarding their son's experience, yet their profile says they have "1 post", which I presume is the post above.  Sounds suspicious to me.  Probably a Thayer employee, or the Bundys themselves.

Offline Cptnemo

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
You will find my prior posts in Sept. 2004.  Cptnemo
ptnemo

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Cptnemo, wouldn't it have been simpler to have just had him medically castrated?

That's snide, of course. But I'm trying to make a point. I know a lot of people who went through harsh confrontational tc programs and came out completely changed. There's a whole lot of discussion about that very thing around these forums.

Why is it OK in your mind to mutilate your kid's mind but (I'm sure) you wouldn't dream of snatching off his nads to acquire the same effect?

My parents said all the same things about Straight that you now say about Thayer right up until I ran away just prior to graduation. That was during a hugely public local criminal investigation too.

And my mother still says all the same things, or at least she did last time I talked to her (which has been years)

I am not looking to collect money or punish anyone for their involvement with straight. I'm looking to change this mutherfucking world.
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ExSgtRocha

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
Apparently this parent does not care how his son was changed.  Brainwashing, torure, physical and mental abuse.  Ya know, just as long as he does what the parent wants.  What a joke.  Don't waste our time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »
if you want your "dream son" then just stick your husbands god damn 4 inch penis in your hairy pussy without a condom, have a baby, and step your god damn parenting up  :roll:

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
Then why does it say this beside your name?

Cptnemo
Welcome Stranger

If you posted in 2004, but you didnt join until 3 days ago.  I think not!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
I forgot my password and joined again.  Check 09/04. Cptnemo.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
u cant search by dates...how about you give us a name to search by.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
:scared:   Foolish parent wrote:

Our son left TLC in the Fall of last year. He enrolled in a university and was awarded an academic scholarship. How is he now:

1) He is completely changed, no drugs, no alcohol no stupidity.

2) We see him regularly and he is a completely different person.>>>

You do realize that most "stupid" teens mature and do the following WITHOUT a boot camp.
I should know.  My son is getting ready to turn 17 and has already quit most of the stupid antics he was pulling.  I did the stupid thing just like you Mr. Foolish Parent.  I placed my son at a boot camp.  Only difference?  I rescued my son after only 3.5 days after all the horror stories I read about the place my son was at.  You, Mr. Foolish Parent, read all the horror stories and did nothing but leave your poor son there.  Shame on you Foolish Parent.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
As in much of life, the question is one of context and degree.  My son's "stupid antics" were as follows:  1) using drugs; 2) selling drugs; 3) carrying a gun (a MAC 10 which we took from him and deposited in the local lake; 4) he was completely out of control and had blown off all attempts at traditional counseling.

He left for Thayer at 6:00 am on morning.  The police came for him at 2:00 pm that afternoon. I explained that he was out of state and that I would not tell them where.  The left empty handed and not happy to have missed him.

My son's opinion (not mine, his) is that he would be dead by now if not for Thayer.

Again, my context is most likely very different than yours.  So my question is, what would you have done?

Cptnemo

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 03:42:00 AM »
My son's opinion (not mine, his) is that he would be dead by now if not for Thayer.

Looks like they did a good job on him. Shame on you for allowing your son to be turned into a programmed zombie.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
My Son At Thayer
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »
does that make your son a fortune teller now?  Many, many kids "grow" out of the destructive stages of teenhood.  It is not an easy time for anyone.  But brainwashing them is not the way to go.  That is EXACTLY what these schools do, they brainwash you and teach you to have no feelings whatsoever.  Talk to us again when your son is married, with children and has a successful life.  Chances are, he has very little emotion inside him right now because he was brainwashed into the idea that to feel any kind of emotion is wrong.