Author Topic: Went to dumb psych person  (Read 4037 times)

Offline `

• View Profile
Went to dumb psych person
« on: April 14, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
God was she dumb. She wanted to put "conditions" on me, in other words, I have to do something she says, or at least be "open" to it and discuss it with her, or she would not do therapy with me. This is after an hour of me telling her things that lead HER to believe I am so bad off I should quit what I am doing and go into day care.  :lol:  I mean a day program thing, I don't even know what she was talking about, but she said five days a week, and they teach you coping skills and you have a lot of group things where you "learn from other people" when they talk about their k-rap. That sounded retarded, why would I spend the day in a mental health place listening to emotionally wrecked people when I could just stay at home!  :lol:  But anyway, that is how bad off she thinks I am, THEN she mentions about the conditions. Hello? I don't need another mommy! And I am most certainly not interested in having conditions put upon me. She said I would have to "cooperate" and that she knew that "authority was ruined" for me but she said several times "trust me". Uh huh. Way to chase off a cult survivor! Like, will you be my mommy if I work my program?

Sincerely,
Your Straight Poster Child  :em:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »
Run, don't walk. What a nut.  You're fine.
Nothing wrong with you. Relax and go watch CSI tonight or something. Clean your sink. Make a cup of tea, and have a cookie.  That will be $250.00.
Thank you.

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
:rofl:

and you're worth every penny!

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
What type of therapist?

What was the reason you went?

What is your diagnosis?

There is plenty of literature of how
each program is implemented.

Let me know and I will post the protocols.
or those who don\'t understand my position, on all subjects:

* Understand the law and your rights.

* Make sure you have the freedom of choice.

* Seek and receive unbiased information and
know the source of information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
On 2005-04-14 09:02:00, fka wrote:

"God was she dumb. She wanted to put "conditions" on me, in other words, I have to do something she says, or at least be "open" to it and discuss it with her, or she would not do therapy with me.

Sounds like a control freak to me---her last name wasn't Newton, by chance?

This is after an hour of me telling her things that lead HER to believe I am so bad off I should quit what I am doing and go into day care.  :lol:  I mean a day program thing, I don't even know what she was talking about, but she said five days a week, and they teach you coping skills and you have a lot of group things where you "learn from other people" when they talk about their k-rap. That sounded retarded, why would I spend the day in a mental health place listening to emotionally wrecked people when I could just stay at home!

Suggesting you "sign in" to something that radical after speaking to you for a whole hour?  What professionalism!  Maybe she can turn water to wine and work other miracles in addition to making such incredible diagnoses in such a short time.

:lol:  But anyway, that is how bad off she thinks I am, THEN she mentions about the conditions. Hello? I don't need another mommy! And I am most certainly not interested in having conditions put upon me. She said I would have to "cooperate" and that she knew that "authority was ruined" for me but she said several times "trust me".

Trust needs to be earned, not freely given.  Sounds like yet another quack "counselor"

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »
thanks, anonymous.

paul i did not get any diagnosis. i just thought it might help to take the mental pressure off to have someone to talk to, and hoped they might be intelligent enough to help me understand some things...  she happened to be a Psychologist with a PhD.

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »
there was another thing she did that is weirding me out. i was looking at the floor thinking about something and she said "where did you go?" i hate it when they say that! why do they all say that? i didn't go anywhere, are you having visual hallucinations? i've been sitting right here! i was thinking about something. does that make you uncomfortable that I should take some time out to think?

seriously, what are they teaching in "counseling" classes?

i did not realize until later, that she was doing the same thing that an oldcomer did to me, except the oldcomer snapped her fingers and said "get out of your head!"

okay! i'll be your trained monkey! ooh ooh ahh ahh! bananas please!

but seriously, the correct response is: i don't share your opinion of the appropriate power dynamics in this relationship. i consider myself at least your equal. and i am telling you to get out of my mental space. get your fingers the fuck out of my face. and if this means i get confronted in group tomorrow, so be it. i yield no further territory.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »
i was looking at the floor thinking about something and she said "where did you go?"

Eeeeewwwwww!!!! ::puke::

I wonder how many people have been pissed off enough by one of these shrinks to punch them in the face or something. Just letting my mind wander a little bit there...getting into my head, as it were.

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »
for about a day she had me thinking I had some serious problem with "spacing out", until I figured out the similarity to "get out of your head." just goes to show how vulnerable a person can be to insidious "you're sick" conceptions that these psych types like to create.

i think it would be so much more respectful for her to have just said, at the end of me telling her whatever i did for an hour, something like: wow, it sounds like some heavy stuff is weighing on your mind, and after listening to you I can't blame you one bit. it sounds like you went through some difficult experiences and i would be happy to talk to you and use my education and resources to try to help you figure things out.

it would just be more egalitarian.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »
They don't call 'em the-rapists for nothing.

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »
start a blog thread here on fornits..we will understand prolly better than anyone else ya know.
 I dont know whom you are ...or your story but I know you are from the mind rape mill, as am I..and I suspect your probs stem from the same thing most of ours do..
 I post on serveral boards and dump my shit...makes me feel alot better and its free...youll occasionally get anon posts from people trying to belittle you but then you get to snap and talk shit..which can be good as well.
 Stay away from those fuckers and keep your money to yourself..
 Ill read your thread for free...and listen to you and give advice that wont help much..which is what
those fuckers do anyways...
 No I have no degree on my wall...but I have a masters degree in pain and suffering.

[ This Message was edited by: linchpin on 2005-04-18 22:02 ]
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 02:25:00 AM »
that's so nice! it is helpful to post some things here. maybe i just have to go through all this. it's too scary to put some stuff here. i'm having problems not doing stuff because i am so unmotivated or else i can't concentrate.[ This Message was edited by: fka on 2005-04-18 23:55 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »
Hey, you're up :grin:

"Now, I'm a walking dead man," ... "And what bothers me is that I'm dead because I tried to help the kids. And it's all the fault of all those people over there at the DEA." [Dead Man Talking]

--Ben Guillory

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »
:lol:  yes ma'am.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »
I've had similar experience w/ shrinks. They scare hell out of me! Constantly trying to project or induce some exciting and highly unpleasant fantasy on prospective clients. I don't think they even know they're doing it.

One does not have to appeal to God to set the initial conditions for the creation of the universe, but if one does He would have to act through the laws of physics.
--Stephen Hawking, English scientist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes