Author Topic: Has anyone been to VCA or New Beginnings since May 2004?  (Read 15713 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Has anyone been to VCA or New Beginnings since May 2004?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »
Simply report it to Child Protective Services?

Show them the picture and describe the situation to them?

I dont know, just a thought....

if this is in florida? what does FLORIDA Law have to say about underage girls working in long skirts on a dangerous roof?
did not one of these places have a death of one of the minors associated with an accident while they were working like this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »
Hi, I've been on this site before, and I came on to see if anything had recently been said about New Beginnings because I was there from July 2003 to July 2004. I knew your sister Evana. I honestly don't know what else to say but that your sister is such a sweet girl. I've come to realuze some things good an dbad since I left New Beginnings. i know that being htere and everything helps people, it helped me. I know without a doubt that if my life hadn't been intervened in that I could be dead right now. Actually I know I'd be dead. I sat beside Evana a few times on the bus on tour and stuff, and she talked a lot about how much she loved her sister and missed her and stuff. I never saw Evana in any trouble there. I mean, whenever she first came she didn't want to be there, but eventually she came to like it from what I could tell. So before you do anything irrational to try to release her, consider what it could do to her and others. As far as my family knew - i hadn't done anything to be sent there either. But they didn't know  alot. I'm not saying that it's the same case with you and your sister - bu tin some ways, it oculd hurt her and others to take her out before she's really ready. If you'd like to talk to me anymore about my experience there or what I remember about your sister there, I'd be happy to talk with you. My email address is [email protected] and my name is Tracy. I haven't looked at those pictures yet, but I'm sure I'm in them since I was there. I'll post again if I see where I am in the pictures. I'll be praying for you and your family, and that you'll be reunited with Evana and everything. Good luck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
I looked and in the pictures where we are singing, I'm the one in the front row, with the white skirt on and a black shirt, next to the firl with yellow on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
hi i read your post, i was in the homes and knew the camerons and the barretts very well and i did the tour thing and remeber mrs. cameron screaming at us for things. my question is, did the camerons ever get nice? i was there in the 80's so i doubt any of the workers would still be there from my day. Im glad you posted and would love to here stories on how the place is ran now, compared to when i was there.our home was called Rebekah and changed names a few times after i left
we have all been  there done that and it is nice to be able to repect each others opinions about anything "roloff related". i speak for many girls, in the 70's and 80's it was not a good place to be. in fact i cant recall anyone i know from there that went on to be a preachers wife. most all of us ran wild when we got out. So what does that tell you? The place didnt help us!
I would love to talk to you some more, i will email you with my email address.

Offline mitzy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
Now before any one pounces on this girl for being pro roloff please let us remember, she hasnt had 20+ years to do healing like we have, and maybe being in favor of the place is all she knows right now. I repsect her for being honest in here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 02:20:00 AM »
I was in Rebekah Home for a year in the early 80's and I am glad I went. I never saw or heard anything to complain about. The Camerons were nice, the school sucked but the rest was just fine. I was in the choir and enjoyed it. I have talked to others and they don't have any complaints either. My parents made a couple of surprise visits and the Camerons didn't have a problem, they even let me go out for the whole weekend, never said a thing about it. I didn't care they read my mail, my mom would write me 15 page letters front & back, so if they were bored enough to read her daily details so be it. Mom would send me huge care boxes I always got everything she sent.
I have gone on to have a wonderful productive life as an M.D. I doubt that without the home I would have focused myself as I did when I left.
Plain & simple it was a great experience.    :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »
Its great that you had a wonderful experience there. I remember distinctly almost all of the girls received uncalled for spankings.I know there were other methods of trying to control and keep all of us in line, how can you not recall that? Are you saying that didnt take place the one year you happened to be there?
I am happy that there is an ex rebekah girl that is a doctor though, i hope Pace curicullum didnt affect you you.
I wish we would of had doctors there, isnt it odd that instead of real medical care they put onions in our rooms? Just my opinion thats all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Perhaps it had something to do with going back to a caring and loving home. I suppose your parents have a lot of money too. How old were you when you went in?

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
On 2005-09-06 23:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The Camerons were nice."

Um, so nice, that Faye Cameron was banned forever from working with children in Texas after she was convicted for tying up and beating a girl?  So nice, that she is not supposed to even be allowed at the Florida school after she beat a girl with a curtain rod?  So nice, that Wiley Cameron got the Texas school shut down after he made a boy jump across a refuse pit and break his ankles, then deny him medical treatment?

Yeah, they sound like really nice folks.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline mitzy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »
good response, and thank you for pointing all of this out. There are people out there that need to know this

Offline i love gracie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »
I would love to find out what happened to some of  the girls I was close to while I was in Rebekah in 1978! I  would be interested in exchanging  stories, experiances, and how life has been since release. My email is [email protected]

He who laughs lasts
--Crazy Mac

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fact or Fiction
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »
Quote from: ""The Liger""

On 2005-09-06 23:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The Camerons were nice."

Um, so nice, that Faye Cameron was banned forever from working with children in Texas after she was convicted for tying up and beating a girl?  So nice, that she is not supposed to even be allowed at the Florida school after she beat a girl with a curtain rod?  So nice, that Wiley Cameron got the Texas school shut down after he made a boy jump across a refuse pit and break his ankles, then deny him medical treatment?

Yeah, they sound like really nice folks.
              Obviously you are twisting the facts about Bro. Cameron making a kid jump across a ditch for punishment. It was a
supervisor working for the Light House in Corpus Christi and he didnt make the kid jump he did however have him digging a ditch along with another young adult. The young adult chose to jump trying to show off infront of his Light House buddies. But he didnt anticipate himself breaking his ankle. However, Bro. Cameron was no where around when this occured. He did refuse to let the police confiscate records of the Light House Boys and for that he went to jail becuase he reserved the right to deny the police anything. I know this because I am a former Rebekah Girl 99-2001. When i was in the Rebekah Home for Girls i never witnessed any abuse from the Camerons or Mcnamara's. I did witness countless girls mutalate their own bodies to try to get out. I saw one particular girl scratch her back with a coat hanger multiple times to get out. She did get out. When girls start hurting themselve and the extreme measures I ve seen them go, then the staff has too take action and let that girl go because they cant risk all the girls potential to get right for one very disturbed one. So they let those paticular girls go home. Plus girls like that need Jesus and more, like phyciatiric help.
                                  Jessica M 02/21/2007

Offline pamwoodger

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 12:37:07 PM »
jessica m.,
 When you talk about the gir who scratched her back with the coat hangar and you knew she did it herself why didn't you defend me when the macs accused me of it, and whipped me for it? I know a lot of you "Helpers" knew about it, but not a single one of you even stood up to tell the truth, that is why i can say that place was horrible, you guys were all looking for a scape goat and found it, so you need to look at what was really going on there, and who was really being hurt, cause it seems to me that you and a couple others were babied.

Offline Chai

• View Profile
web site
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 04:55:37 AM »
What is your sisters name?