Author Topic: Has anyone been to VCA or New Beginnings since May 2004?  (Read 15790 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Has anyone been to VCA or New Beginnings since May 2004?
« on: April 13, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »
Hello -

I need your help...Has anyone gone to VCA or New Beginnings since May 2004?  I have a sister that was sent to New Beginnings in May 2004 and is still there and I'd like to know how she is doing.  

Please e-amil:

[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »
Your sis is incarcerated and you ahven't done shit to get her out?   How do you think she is doing? She is being fucked with unmercifully....break her out.  Be a real SISTER.   She is gonna be fucked for years....Show your parents this site.  Come on - do what is right for your sis!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »
Thanks for stating the obvious!  There aren't words to describe how awful these places are.  I've spent the last year and over $20,000 to try to help her.  I' ve spoken to countless lawyers, lawmakers, reporters, DCF, activists....  And yes, I tried breaking her out but it is a felony.
Now, are you just another person who wants to complain or do you have an idea of how to get her out?

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
Don't listen to stuff like that.  

Almost all of the time, only the parents have any say whatsoever.  There have only been a couple of instances where family members were able to get someone out, but not many.  I'm sorry, but there probably isn't anything you can legally do to get her out.  

You can forward information about the place to the parents, but you might alienate them and cut off your own communication.  I think the best thing you can do is educate yourself about what she's going through and be there for her when she gets out.  It's really hard to get out and go into the real world with no one to understand.  She won't be allowed to contact anyone from the facility, so she'll feel really out of place in this world.  Just let her know about all the stuff that's going on online with the fora and stuff.  I'm sure that she will also feel a lot better knowing that while she was in there, you were trying to get her out, even if your efforts are not successful.

If you haven't already, look at:
http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsnz.html#newbeginnings

Good luck!
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
was she signed over by her parents? if not go there on her yearly visit, take her out and just dont go back. i was in rebekah (roloff) my sister called every single day for a year,never could she speak to me. its a shame you couldnt get some kind of search warrent w/ the police and get her that way.i know its frustrating,how long is she in for? if you cant get her out just be there for her when she gets out trust me shes going to need you. she might run wild like most of us did after being caged up like dogs.....maybe be like me...not facing the incarceration issues for 20 years,i am just now able to talk about that place,it didnt happen right when i got out.
good luck to you and God bless

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »
I read the following on ISAC about how a woman got her cousin out of Tranquility Bay.  Just a thought for you:

"Gini Farmer discovered that her 12-year-old cousin has been handcuffed in the middle of the night and taken to Tranquility Bay. The worst thing anyone could say about the boy was that he had skipped school once.

According to Farmer the child didn?t like his father?s new wife.

Upon finding stories of unsanitary conditions, uneducated staff and abuse at Tranquility Bay, Gini Farmer began a 6-month battle to bring her cousin back to the United States.

Under Virginia?s laws, she had to prove the child was in danger of being abused or neglected.

3 former students of Tranquility Bay testified in court about their experiences in the program.

Aaron Kravig told the court about having to write seventy-four 5,000 word essays and contracting scabies which remained untreated until he came home.

Lindsey Wise told the court about raw sewage and bugs covering the floor and described the ?restraint? used at Tranquility Bay.

According to testimony, children were put face down on the floor, and while sitting on the child?s back, the staff member painfully twisted the student?s arms behind their back.

Wise also described hearing the screams of students being restrained.

Based on the sworn testimony, a Virginia Circuit Court Judge ordered the immediate release of Gini Farmer?s cousin. (Jamaica Observer)"
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline rebeccaramirez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
You are a very good sister.  She will have your support when she gets out and that will mean all the difference in the world.  Don't get discouraged...you are dealing with very evil people who know how to manipulate the parents into believing that their daughter needs the school to survive adolescence. Email me if you need my support.

[email protected]

Offline Invertix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
Yeah, don't loose hope.  Sooner or later she will come out and when that happens your sister will need you.  I'm sure a lot of people once they got out of the program wished they had a sister like you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
Thanks for all of your support!  I am very worried abut what will happen to her when she gets out.  What is life like when a person gets out of one of these homes?  Her adoptive parents don't want anything to do to her, so she will have nowhere to go and certainly no emotional support from them.  And I have no communication with them anymore as they have skipped town to evade child abuse charges so  I really can;t work with them to help her.  But I imagine that she would probably need some type of professional help to come to terms with what she had been through.  ANy ideas?

Offline Invertix

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
Do you know when she's supposed to be released? If she's under 18 emancipation sounds like an option. Immediate counseling would be a good idea too. Chances are if she bought into the program she'll have a self image problem, if not then she'll probably be totally untrusting of anyone in authority.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
blah! the only way to get anything done is illegal, or you just have to bust your ass out yourself. if she isnt going to bust herself out and no one is going to bust her out than she is staying there...parents dont listen! show them sites...show anyone and they will just say you are complaining. no one will listen. sorry...i speak from experience.

Offline =

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: = on 2005-06-15 01:24 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
http://www.gracega.org/xMissionaries/NewBeginnings.htm

this is the best up to date images of the Camerons and the girls under them in the new place.

http://www.gracega.org/Sermons/Apr-Jun2 ... nings2.JPG

written things on there also. from mcnamara.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »
http://www.gracega.org/Missions/2004/NewBeg57.jpg

here is the close up view of Wiley and Fay

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
Hey, thanks, I've actually seen this before, my adopted sister is the one on the top of the page with a written statement, evana.  Breaks my heart to see her brainwashed, because she never did drugs or even miss a day of school.  long story, but her parents were the ones that violated the law if you know what I mean...

anyway...did you notice that the girls are working on teh roof of the building in those long skirts?  That is a clear violation of federal law.  minors are prohibited from working on roofs.  

anyone got any ideas???