Author Topic: Ajax, remind us again  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ajax, remind us again
« on: October 22, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
your connection to AARC?  Were you in AARC? Are you in fact, a "survivor"?  What's your story? Your credibility?  Since you are the moral beacon for credibility...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Ajax, remind us again
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
your connection to AARC?  Were you in AARC? Are you in fact, a "survivor"?  What's your story? Your credibility?  Since you are the moral beacon for credibility...

Can you not read???????

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Ajax, remind us again
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:43:11 PM »
If you don't find me credible guest, I would suggest that you set about doing your own research.  Then you could display facts that contradict those to which I have pointed.  Until then, the treatment centre run by AARC remains unlicensed.  The Executive Directorship continues to be held by a man with no qualifications who has lied about being a psychologist and whose only practical experience in drug treatment came at a discredited program, Kids.  The staff remains unlicensed.  There continues to be a total absence of psychiatrists at AARC.  There is no verifiable evidence  that AARC is able to successfully treat adolescent drug dependence.  The host homes continue to operate with no oversight from any regulatory body.  AARC continues to place children who have received a few months treatment in charge of other youths in treatment.  And AARC continues to employ an outdated, discredited treatment method that has proven to harm children.  Thank you again guest, for taking time from your busy schedule to post here.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Re: Ajax, remind us again
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:43:19 PM »

Can you not read???????

Really, Ajax does hid his reasons for being here............ Why or you here guest?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ajax, remind us again
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 05:58:10 PM »
I can't help but notice that you answered none of the questions as to what your connection or experience was with AARC?

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Ajax, remind us again
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »
I'm still feeling pretty heady over that moral beacon for credibility thing.  I don't know what that means, but I like the sound of it.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  If you want to believe in something, go back to AARC.  If you want know something about AARC, do some research.  And please, when you find something that contradicts what I've said, let me know.  I'm not really sure what answer you're looking for in terms of my connection to AARC.  The woman with whom I have cohabitated for over four years was in AARC.  I didn't think it was such a complicated concept to wrap your mind around, but perhaps I was being nearsighted.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ajax, remind us again
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
I can't help but notice that you answered none of the questions as to what your connection or experience was with AARC?

I can't help but notice that you haven't read through much on here.  He has answered that question and all the others many, many times.  He has nothing to hide.

Here's some questions for you.

1.  Why does Vause taut himself as a psychologist or psychiatrist when he is neither?

2.  Why does AARC sing its own praises and talk about success rates when they have zero evidence to back any of the statements up?

3.  Where does the money go?

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23649

Quote from: ""ajax13""
$150-$160 per day per kid.  AARC now holds over thirty clients at a time.  $4500 minimum per day rolls in.  To provide lunch, pay the utilities, and pay the wages of the amateur counselling staff, the accountant, the fundraising co-ordinator, and the nurse.  This does not include the masses of cash piled up as part of their expansion campaign.
The average wage for a registered social-worker in Alberta is $48700 per year, with the maximum pegged at $105500.  For the sake of argument, I will assume that all of the staff at AARC earn the maximum.  With Vause, Luciano, Imbach, Campbell, Brown and Anderson, that makes six, although none are registered.  Together that makes a total of $633000.
The average salary for a nurse is $48700, with the maximum $61800.  If we allow the maximum for AARC, that brings total wages to $694800.
The average accountant in Alberta earns $50600 a year.  The maximum reported is $194 200.  If we allow the maximum for AARC, the total wages paid out is $889000As one would expect from a treatment facility, AARC employs an "Event Coordinator".  In Alberta the average wage for this job is $34900 per year, with a maximum salary of $74 000.  As always, we will assume the highest amount for AARC.  This brings the total wages to 963000.
 And, like any good treatment centre, AARC employs a fund manager.  A financial planner in Alberta earns an average of $74600 a year with a maximum of $145000.  Allowing the maximum for AARC, that puts total wages at $1108000.
A chef in Alberta averages $31 000 per year with a maximum salary of $109 000.  If we assume that AARC's cook earns the maximum chef's salary, that brings total wages to $121700.
So wages for AARC's full-time staff, assuming that every single employee earns the maximum possible salary available in this province is $1217000.  As you can see, the accountant, fund manager, and event coordinator account for $413 000 of that sum.
The last total for operating costs of the centre that I saw was $1 500 000.  After paying the full-time employee salaries, that leaves $283 000 to pay the peer counsellors and utilities.  Assuming a utilities cost of $4000 per month, or $48 000 a year, that still leaves over $235000 to pay for peer counsellors.  
If we allow the average food cost per capita in Alberta per client, $1800 with 30 clients, that gives a cost of $54 000 for food.  AARC does not provide all meals, as the children are fed in host homes, but it gives a plausible figure for food expenses.  That leaves $181000 to pay for the peer counsellors and incidentals.  Allowing a figure of $100 000 for peer counsellors, we still have $81 000 left.
Over fifteen years of operation, that is a substantial sum.
As AARC takes in an indeterminate amount of material and funds through various begging schemes, and as it is unlikely that the staff all earn the maximum possible salary for their postition available in the province, the slush is substantially higher.
So, the question remains: Where does the money go?