Author Topic: Thanks Maren  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« on: April 06, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
Hi Maren,
 Thank you for your understanding of where I am comming from. You are very kind.
I thought I should start a new post so that nasty thing about Pete would stop surfacing.
 Art does post anonymous. I guess he thinks we are slow and can't figure it out. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. I'll never understand why he is so cruel to me.
By the way, are we from the same state?
Thanks again :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »
Cindy I hate to say it but this post here just proves how right Art is you cant seem to let it go. Think about it  :idea:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
Hey Cindy..im not art, i think hes a moron who needs to move on.  But i still think you need to get a life of your own.

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »
Hey Cindy! I am from Illinois. Is that where you are from? How is Brian doing? Any updates on your father?

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
Hi Maren, I live in Connecticut, for some reason I thought you did too.
 Brian is doing pretty good. I am disappointed that I can't get him to continue his education. He always hated school, so trying to talk him in to it, is a waste of time. I can only hope it time he will figure it out on his own.
As for my Dad, he is doing great!  He has radiation 5 days a week and the tumor has become much smaller.
Things are looking good.
One wonderful thing that has come out of this, is the change in my father's outlook on life. He has my step-mom baking cookies and other goodies to bring to the hospital. He is concerned, because many of the other men there are alone or have families that can't be there for them. He wants to volunteer at the hospital when he is well. His illness has brought out the very best in him.
I have always respected and admired him. We have always been very close. Now, when I think about him, my heart smiles!
Thank you for asking.

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
Cindy thats great news about your father! In addition, about Brian's education, I was forced in order to graduate Elan to be accepted into a college and Make Elan a promise that I would go. I went... for one day then I ran away with my boyfriend to Chicago. My parents lost a ton of money and it strained our relationship horribly. I didn't want to go to college at all, but I had to say I would, so I think things ended up worse when I left and my parents were so dissapointed. Elan did not allow me to say, "No I do not want to go to school", therefore a bigger problem was made. I ended up living in an empty apartment with my boyfriend, scaping by just to eat and living in a pretty horrible neighborhood on the southside of peoria, falling asleep everynight to gangfights in my parking lot and occasional gun shots. My parents pressured me so hard to go back to school eveytime we spoke, that I knew it would be the only way to make my situation better. I went back to school. The entire time I was there I was only treated well by my parents if I called with news of good grades, and when they started to slip the pressure from them was so intense that I gave up again. It's been two years now since I was in school, and I'm living in a nice apartment by myself and have awesome friends and an loving boyfriend and the best relationship with my parents I have ever had because they have finally let me make my own decisions. This long tedious post basically to sum it up, Is that Brian is much more likely to make the desision on his own to go to school if he doesn't feel pressured by his mother. In the long run asking him consistanly to go to college could make him think that you would not be proud of him unless he does this certain thing. I have friends right now that are 25 and just starting school. Even if it takes him awhile to realize, he will start to see that not everyone even has the funding to go, so It's worth a shot. My college funding ran out after 4 years of school, and I didn't have enough credits to graduate. I wish I could start school now instead of messing it up in 2000. But I lost my chance. I know this isn't the answer to what is going on with Brian, but I thought it might possibly be a new perspective you would consider. Cheers Cindy!

Offline Alicat

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
I couldn't agree more with Maren's post! The pressure from my Mother to go to college really made it much harder for me to finish my degree. The best thing IMO is to make him go out on his own and realize what "real life" is all about. Make him get an apartment (if he is still living at home), pay for his own car, get a job and see how much or little money he can make without a college education. He may realize it is important to finish if his goals in life are more than what he can provide without. Also, I know this is not what you want to promote to your son, but many people can make it just fine without higher education. I think if someone is motivated and has the right kind of personality, they can be successful either way. Just some more thoughts that may help....

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks ALICAT! Plus Cindy, to be really corny for a second, no parent gets a book on how to raise a teen. You are amazing, and don't let people tell you you are not suppose to be on this forum, because once again... Is there a list of rules for posting on this Elan board. Not that I've noticed at least. All the dumbasses that tell you you don't belong here are wrong. You care. Thats the best quality a person could have. Plus you are strong, and no one can get you down. Thats something I look up to. Like I said, Elan now Is not abusive, I talk to many recent grads via MYSPACE. They really have nothing to say that is negative about the place. I do. But you can't let anyone try to make you feel bad for helping your son. Most parents would give up. You didn't. That rocks

http://www.myspace.com/MarenM

Maren[ This Message was edited by: MarenD on 2005-04-09 18:55 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »
On 2005-04-06 12:57:00, Llahsram wrote:

"Hi Maren,
 Thank you for your understanding of where I am comming from. You are very kind.
I thought I should start a new post so that nasty thing about Pete would stop surfacing.
 Art does post anonymous. I guess he thinks we are slow and can't figure it out. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. I'll never understand why he is so cruel to me.
By the way, are we from the same state?
Thanks again :grin: "

Ahhh what a site... An old school Hooker bonds with a drug addicted modern day hooker.

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
Thanks Maren
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »
On 2005-04-09 18:25:00, MarenD wrote:

"Thanks ALICAT! Plus Cindy, to be really corny for a second, no parent gets a book on how to raise a teen. You are amazing, and don't let people tell you you are not suppose to be on this forum, because once again... Is there a list of rules for posting on this Elan board. Not that I've noticed at least. All the dumbasses that tell you you don't belong here are wrong. You care. Thats the best quality a person could have. Plus you are strong, and no one can get you down. Thats something I look up to. Like I said, Elan now Is not abusive, I talk to many recent grads via MYSPACE. They really have nothing to say that is negative about the place. I do. But you can't let anyone try to make you feel bad for helping your son. Most parents would give up. You didn't. That rocks

http://www.myspace.com/MarenM

Maren[ This Message was edited by: MarenD on 2005-04-09 18:55 ]"
Hi Maren, thanks for the support.
 I have been really busy with the warm weather arriving, so I haven't been on the computer too much. I'm doing gardening and installing an invisible fence so my puppy can roam the yard.
How have you been?