Author Topic: AARC Kid the driver?  (Read 23873 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
If I had been put in jail for all the shitty, hurtful, vicious, senseless things that I did, I would never get out. judging Amy, or anyone else is not my job, and I sure wouldn't want it. Having some compassion for all those involved in this tragedy is what I will try and do, and be reminded that anyone, me included, can fall hard.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »
have you ever killed anyone? left them in the street to die? if so, you should be in jail. here i am judging you like i do amy... no discrimination here. ya, ive done some fucked up shit in my day too, and your comment, probably aimed at having all of us 'self-righteous judgers' take a good hard look in the mirror and see that we make mistakes too, so we have no right to judge amy... blah blah blah is BULLSHIT. maybe youre lucky enough to take such a diplomatic stance because you have never had someone you loved plucked from your midst by a fucking asshole drunk driver. i have so i know how his family feels. your 'let he who has not sinned throw the first stone' position is likely one taken in ignorance. i bet your 'live and let live' attitude would crumble around you if you knew what it felt like, and if you believe that you wouldnt be judging the person who did this to someone you loved, then maybe youre the one who should take a good hard look in the mirror because you are deceiving yourself. your comment isnt insightful, it is, rather written with a complete lack of insight

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
Actually I have lost several people due to anothers actions. Right now I feel bad for you because you are in pain. The only way I got through that kind of pain was working for years to forgive and try to prevent someone else going through it. We are so quick to judge, but I need to think what if the driver was my child, or brother, or parent or spouse. It can easily happen to any of us. It is not right,or fair.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 02:39:00 AM »
http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca/story/5509
I bet this man will go to jail.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
i don't agree with your statement that it can easily happen to any one of us. many people do not drink and drive, and i would like to believe that most of us wouldn't leave a human being dying in the street and flee the scene of a serious accident. and a question... the several people that you supposedly lost at the hand of someone else... were the perpetrators punished for what they did? you might think you sound enlightened, but i think your full of shit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
On 2005-12-12 07:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

" the several people that you supposedly lost at the hand of someone else... were the perpetrators punished for what they did? you might think you sound enlightened, but i think your full of shit. "

Punished? Not exactly. One friend's death sparked a series of revenge killings that included innocent people. The guy who killed my friend walked on a self defense argument. In the last ten years five people I know of have died and several more have been injured seriously, and all their friends and family live in fear. That is were hate, bitterness and rage have gotten us. I was just as self-righteous and enraged as you are, and it got me no place. Infact it could have gotten me killed and my family harmed. Enlightened? Hardly. Just surviving the best way I know how.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »
sounds like you and/or your friends were or are involved in gang activity or something. statistically speaking, you know a whole lot of people who have died violently and apparently a lot more people living in fear of revenge etc etc. you live by the sword you die by the sword i guess. my dead loved one was just minding her own business driving home from shopping, when some drunk asshole on the highway killed her and the child she had with her. enraged? yup. im guilty. its not like i live my life crippled or consumed by my anger, but i can taste it again when i hear about drunk drivers and all their fucking excuses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
On 2005-12-07 20:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am someone who knew amy better than anyone at the time and as a person with the information I have, I can say with complete clarity and unbiasedness, they should've put her in jail. She was doing coke and drinking and smoking. To use a person crossing the street is a shameful and disgusting scapegoat. She ran away like a fucking coward. She let him die in the street like a goddamn alleycat. I'm sorry if that's harsh, and we all make mistakes, but she gets escape her punishment, travel, learn, love, LIVE. With out ANY recourse."

I also knew Amy around the time of the accident and this is absolute fact. And the person who said that she is now clean and sober is simply lying. Amy may be off hard drugs now but she still drinks heavily. Even before her sentencing when she was dating a friend of mine, she wanted him to drive them home rather than calling a cab, even though they were both drunk. Sure, she may regret the accident. But actions speak louder than words. And if taking someone's life doesn't make a person change what's wrong in her life, that speaks volumes of that person.

I look at Amy's lifestyle back then, and her lifestyle today. Not much has changed. Has she learned her lesson? Not from what I see.

Amy, if you read this, you should get on your knees and thank God that you have the life you do. And with that, look at yourself. Do you like what you see? You've been given the second chance that Ricky never got. And you are wasting it. That kind of disrespect is beyond words.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
i am pretty sure that amy does get on her knees everyday and thank god for the life that she has.
she knows that she should have gone to jail. i am a student that heard amy's story when i went to the party program at the foot hills hosptital. when i heard at first that she had killed someone while drinking and driving, i thought she was a killer and should have gone to jail. after she was done sharing with my class i realized that she is now saving lives by telling hoer story to kids. because of her, i know that me and no one in my class will ever even think of drving drunk. i think all of you should leave the past in the past. she is making a difference today. life really sucks sometimes and people die everyday. thats life. all of you here wasting your time bad mouthing her should get a life. have you ever met her?? or seen the grief and shame she feels over the accident? she is doing the best she can with what has happend. the only way to true freedom from this is forgiveness from all sides of the story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »
you know what??? you people amaze me! why dont you all just get a life of your own. you all sit here and judge like you really know what is going on. amy's life is nothing like what it used to be. not even close. she is sober and saving lives today by sharing her story today. she is grateful everyday for the outcome of this tradgedy. how would you feel if your life was put under the microscope??? especially by people who have no idea what they are talking about. back off!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
I found out about Ricky's passing over the past summer as I had lost contact with him, I went to Saint Mary's with Rick back in 1995 and am very sad to hear about his passing. Ricky was the most genuine and most caring person you could ever meet and to die the way he did makes me shake. By reading this forum, it is very appparent that Amy O'Flynn has gotten off of all serious charges which basically throws the justice system out window. Driving drunk and killing somebody is inexcusable, but driving drunk and fleeing the scence like a goddamn coward is unforgivable and inhumane. This girl basically got off with a slap on the wrist, and there was no justice served here if what people on this forum say is factual. I cannot imagine Ricky's family not getting the justice they deserve. Can anyone tell me if this case has been appealed and what charges if any were laid? Thanks. RIP Ricky, you are dearly missed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 19:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i am pretty sure that amy does get on her knees everyday and thank god for the life that she has.

she knows that she should have gone to jail. i am a student that heard amy's story when i went to the party program at the foot hills hosptital. when i heard at first that she had killed someone while drinking and driving, i thought she was a killer and should have gone to jail. after she was done sharing with my class i realized that she is now saving lives by telling hoer story to kids. because of her, i know that me and no one in my class will ever even think of drving drunk. i think all of you should leave the past in the past. she is making a difference today. life really sucks sometimes and people die everyday. thats life. all of you here wasting your time bad mouthing her should get a life. have you ever met her?? or seen the grief and shame she feels over the accident? she is doing the best she can with what has happend. the only way to true freedom from this is forgiveness from all sides of the story."

ok that sounds pretty bogus to me. i actually laughed when i read that. your a student who was helped by amy? and here you are just stumbling onto this forum (by coincidence im sure)? pe-lease!
you want to talk about forgiveness? did she ever apologize to the people who really matter in this tragedy? what about his family? and according to you, if someone writes in this forum they have no life? guess you should get one too. you are right though, people do die everyday... unfortunately it was the innocent person who died that day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006, 02:40:00 AM »
THIS seriously makes me soooooo mad that she got away with murder.......I am from his hometown and I also know his sweet little boy!!!!!! It is sooo awful that she is getting up everyday and having that chance...and she took the life of an innocent person cause she selfishly got behind the wheel...cause of alcohol! SIck.....it is just sick...whoever made the decision for her not to have jailtime...I do not understand the reason behind it?? WHY??????????? Even ANY TIME in prison would be justice...like give her at least 5-10 years...SHE TOOK THE LIFE of a human!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A human being......and his  family has to live with the sadness...the loss is unimaginable and May Allah (GOD) (subhanahu Wa T'Allah) reward them for their patience and make it easy on them. Ameen!...and his poor little boy.....who was given his father's starwars toy by his and the sweet little guy hold it sooooo carefully and with such pride cause it was his daddy's...and he holds it like a fragile piece of glass and whispers "careful it is soo special"........how heartbreaking!!!!!! It made me cry when I herared that! It just makes me wish this could be appealed!!!!!! And you know what I am gonna pray everyday that it happens......but what goes around comes around....NO MATTER what?? Going around talking to others about drinking and driving...HOW SICK! I don't care WHO it helps...it doesn't help who matters in this case......I can honestly say! I have never driven drunk...or impaired....or even after 1 sip of alcohol...(I no longer drink anything with alcohol!) it is sick...and to think she STILL drinks according to her friends on here......and I didn't keep from drinking and driving cause some "Girl that killed an innocent man" came to talk to me at school...so go on thinking you are doing something for society...is that what your parents tell you??????? They tell you maybe it had to happen to save the rest of the world from ever doing it again...I am sure if you were a male you would be in jail.......I wish you were in jail.......how can u live with yourself...even people who know you say you are still the same.......how CAN U live with yourself...............HOW????? Just HOWWWWWWW!?? DO you really wanna live with yourself?? She should be in jail...not enjoying life free...the family deserves wayyy more justice! It is a slap int he face...this was their son...if it was someone who killed YOU by drving drunk on his birthday cause he is a male...hmmmm I bet it would be a totally different story...but Maybe Allah (GOD)(subhana wa T'Allah) InshaAllah has something worse in store for you as you are obviously a kaffir (unbeliever) and it is sick!  :???:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 23:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

It just makes me wish this could be appealed!!!!!! And you know what I am gonna pray everyday that it happens......but what goes around comes around....NO MATTER what??

Well, my understanding is that the court of jurisdiction tried the case, found what they found and instituted what they thought was the best and most apropriate sanctions. But you're right, what goes around does tend to come back around. Maybe you'll get your wish when you stand accused and, instead of relying on evidence, they'll just do to you whatever the most emotionally distraught wittness against you wants done.

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 10:59:00, Eudora (fka ~ Antigen) wrote:

"

On 2006-01-22 23:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

It just makes me wish this could be appealed!!!!!! And you know what I am gonna pray everyday that it happens......but what goes around comes around....NO MATTER what??

Well, my understanding is that the court of jurisdiction tried the case, found what they found and instituted what they thought was the best and most apropriate sanctions. But you're right, what goes around does tend to come back around. Maybe you'll get your wish when you stand accused and, instead of relying on evidence, they'll just do to you whatever the most emotionally distraught wittness against you wants done.

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop

"

whatever. i dont think thats exactly what he/she was saying. your not so subtle sarcasm (what you probably have mistaken for intelligence) is misplaced and insensitive. its very naive to assume that just because she was not held accountable for this death in the courtroom that there must have been 'evidence' supporting the courts decision. things like that happen, but it certainly doesnt mean that she is not guilty. she was drinking and driving. how about this: maybe when your friend or family member is killed by a drunk driver and they arent charged for the crime, youll understand what it feels like to be emotionally charged and distraught. so lets see what part of my comment you are going to ridicule...