Author Topic: AARC Kid the driver?  (Read 23890 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
If Amy's impaired driving wasn't the cause of Ricky's death or Ian's injury, then what the hell is she doing going around talking to kids about the "dangers of drinking and driving" for?? I think the people who will really "get them to listen" are the people who have actually paid a debt to society for a crime of this magnitude, not someone who has done nothing but make excuses for her crime. Putting her in jail for what she did would have been a far more powerful message to kids (and the community) than Amy O'Flynn on her "crusade" against drinking and driving, with all her empty words. Sorry, but you don't need to be a lawyer or a judge to see that she got away with murder. You can't get over what has been written in this forum recently? What do you find hard to get over?? That there were people hurt by this crime?? And for someone who is so quick to insist that other people do not know the whole story, you sure are quick to comment on things that you have no idea about. Does the fact that Ricky lived far away from his son mean that he has not lost here??? He still has to grow up without his father, now because he is dead as opposed to just living far away. Do you really believe that this will not affect him for the rest of his life?? His son did not just "come into the picture" recently, he's been there all along. You are commenting on a situation you really know nothing about, I guess in an effort to personally attack me, or punish me for what I have said. But the difference is that what I said was based on truth and facts(that Amy was drinking and driving and because of that Ricky is dead) not on rumors. For your information, the "insurance money" that you are talking about is money for Jacob to go to school, to be put in trust for him. And you know what? He deserves it. It's not his fault that his father is dead, and it's not his fault that his father lived far away from him either. What does that even have to do with any of this? You're a fine one to talk about people not knowing the whole story... Judge me if you want to, I didn't kill anyone. If my opinion on the matter has pissed you off, obviously a friend of Amy's, then I'm glad. I hope you tell her what I have said here, and what the other people who knew Rick have posted too. All the pettiness put aside, I will reiterate what I came to this forum to say - Ricky's family deserved justice that they did not receive. And if Amy and her friends needed someone to die in order to stop drinking and driving... well... I think that comment speaks for itself. Too bad the casualty in Amy's new "war on drinking and driving" wasn't one of the people in that car that night, one of the people who left the victims on the road, one injured and one dying. I wonder if you would sing a different tune if it was someone you cared about...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
i would just like to say simply that the accident was not entirely amy's fault.  ricky and his friend were ALSO impared at the time and ran across a very well known busy street in the pitch black and in the rain. if it wasnt amy that hit them, it owuld have been the next car. the accident was going to happen whether or not amy was drunk. that is why the charges went they way they did and why amy did not go to jail. amy knows she did the wrong thing and that is why she is going to talk to kids about this. her words are far from empty. and she does take responsibility for her part in the accident. maybe you people should look at both sides of the story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
Either Amy is really stupid, or really ignorant. Drinking and Driving is a crime. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime. Will she tell kids that they should try to leave the scene, and ditch the car? and lie and say that it was stolen? Sorry, but her story was purposely orchestrated for her to walk outta it with no consequences. She never felt remorse, and still doesnt. Jailtime would have fit this situation...her 'words', probably would have more effect on people if they were spoken behind bars. Busy street?? Then arent there street lights? Im sure calgary has those...as for ricky and his friends being drunk, I would just like to clarify that drinking and walking....isnt a crime folks. Everyone knows drinking delays motor skills, grow the fuck up people. Keep your eyes on the road, not the bottle.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
OK, I can't resist....ever hear of Public Intoxication? Ever hear of Jay Walking? Crimes. Both of them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
At least in the US. And the reason is probably similar...to keep people from getting hurt. People who get drunk and run across busy streets in the middle of the night are liable to get hurt. Add to that a drunk driver and you have yourself a big problem. But to say one party is more guilty than the other, and to say that she planned the whole thing? Ok let me get this straight...she planned out how she was gonna, rather than go to jail, spend the rest of her life teaching others about the dangers of drinking. THIS was her big plan?? Wow, maybe I should look into that as a career. It sounds like a load of fun. Of course-- who wants to go to jail. Any person with half a brain would try to stay out of prison. That doesn't make her evil.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
Ok, many different outlooks. Everything else put aside, she shouldnt have been drinking and driving, ricky shouldnt have run across a busy street...but who knows the real story? Maybe she hit them while they were on a sidewalk...maybe she was speeding...maybe, being intoxicated and all, forgot to put on her headlights..? couldnt these factors influence her decision to flee? Maybe jail inst in her future, but how could she live with the fact that she could have helped him? Maybe Rick would be still alive today if he would have had earlier medical attention. She really didnt give a shit about a dying person on the street. Nothing, no lawyers can change that fact.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
Did she do anything? Call the police anonymously? Let someone know somehow? I don't know all the details but just don't think she sounds all that lucky. Lucky would be if she just thought she didn't do anything wrong and lived the rest of her life with no regrets. Now that would piss me off. Maybe the government realized her remorse and her dedication to helping others, and decided that was better. Here's an interesting thought that I just had: Maybe she will actually save someone's life from giving back to the community by sharing her story and teaching people that they could make the same tragic mistake, and have to live with the guilt. Maybe leaving her out of jail is the more humane way to go. Just a thought.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
I would just like to repeat something that was said in an earlier reply, had Amy been a man, with no family and no money...I don't think I would have to tell you what would have happened. If she hadnt have been drunk, or even if she would have just stopped the car and helped, perhaps she would have deserved to not go to jail. Then maybe, this could have been classified as an accident. How many people have died from drunk drivers, how many families have gone without justice? Does the government really need to refresh that number by adding another example or 'scenerio'? The least the better right? Here's a scenerio, a young guy has some drinks at a bar and decides to use his feet to get home...leaving his car keys in his pocket...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »
I think you are in your own prison, right now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »
This topic is clearly very heated and personal. I understand that in every day circumstances the friends and family of everyone involved in this accident don't usually talk and this forum may have provided a positive place for them to express themselves. I'd like to point out however that the internet is 1 way communication and words are often misinterpreted or not enough. Perhaps because people from both sides have gathered here, they could find a way to gather in "real life" as well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
On 2005-07-26 16:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"OK, I can't resist....ever hear of Public Intoxication? Ever hear of Jay Walking? Crimes. Both of them."

"public intoxication"??? In case you didn't know, that's when someone is causing a disturbance while drunk in public. Sorry but walking home from a bar is not a crime... driving home drunk, however, is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
oh my god thats a realy sad story!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »
On 2005-11-29 12:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-26 16:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"OK, I can't resist....ever hear of Public Intoxication? Ever hear of Jay Walking? Crimes. Both of them."

"public intoxication"??? In case you didn't know, that's when someone is causing a disturbance while drunk in public. Sorry but walking home from a bar is not a crime... driving home drunk, however, is."

"public intoxication is not a "crime".  Nor is Jay-walking.  Neither is to be found in the Criminal Code of Canada.  However, "intoxication" may be a DEFENCE in certain offences.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
On 2005-07-15 10:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i would just like to say simply that the accident was not entirely amy's fault.  ricky and his friend were ALSO impared at the time and ran across a very well known busy street in the pitch black and in the rain. if it wasnt amy that hit them, it owuld have been the next car. the accident was going to happen whether or not amy was drunk. that is why the charges went they way they did and why amy did not go to jail. amy knows she did the wrong thing and that is why she is going to talk to kids about this. her words are far from empty. and she does take responsibility for her part in the accident. maybe you people should look at both sides of the story."

Wow. thats gotta be the fucking stupidest thing ive read on this forum. Did you look into your crystal ball and see that the next car would have hit them if she hadnt??? How in the hell can you say that with any certainty? You must know something that everyone else doesnt. Too bad the rest of us arent fortune tellers like you, otherwise we might have the privilege of justifying this crime as inevitable like you have. Keep the fucking make believe to yourself, this was a real person who was killed and obviously there are people who loved him coming on this forum, so have some fucking respect and show some kindness and compassion unlike your loser aarc friend who should be in jail. They should have thrown the fucking book at her.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Kid the driver?
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
I am someone who knew amy better than anyone at the time and as a person with the information I have, I can say with complete clarity and unbiasedness, they should've put her in jail. She was doing coke and drinking and smoking. To use a person crossing the street is a shameful and disgusting scapegoat. She ran away like a fucking coward. She let him die in the street like a goddamn alleycat. I'm sorry if that's harsh, and we all make mistakes, but she gets escape her punishment, travel, learn, love, LIVE. With out ANY recourse.