Author Topic: Debate  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
Debate
« on: April 03, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »
What is everyones stand on the Terri Schaivo (SP?) case...Just curious!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
Debate
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »
I agree with her husband, completely. I hate how some people are making him out or be some kind of killer. Terri died 15 years ago. I give that man credit for not divorcing her, so he could see her through the end. I think he loved he so much, that he wanted to do, what he believed, to be what she would have wanted.

On the other hand, should a spouse have that much power? Who loves you more than your parents? If I were in a situation like that, and one of my boys wives had more power over me, heads would roll.

Although I am not a religious person, I respect those who are, and I understand the parents view. I think they weren't living realistically. They were just happy to still be able to look at her and touch her warm body. They refused to let go. I wouldn't want to walk one step in their shoes. My heart feels for them.

It was nice to see that another of her brothers came out after she died, and supported what her husband had fought for. I respect him for keeping quiet until her death. I think it would have stuck a knife in his parents hearts.

By the way, my Dad and my sister, both have in their wills, for ME, to make the decision for them if something like that were to happen."They call me "their plug puller."  :evil:  
Sounds rather evil whan you put it that way.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
Debate
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
Every time I find myself starting to agree with the Republicans, I get a slap in the face that reminds me what their party truly supports today: the values of right-wing nut jobs.

For me, the key question was, "Is Terri suffering?"  And at first, I wasn't sure.  But eventually I found that the overwhelming evidence states that  she wasn't.  From there, it is obvious that the Republicans wanted to subvert a Constitutional guarantee of separation between the legislative and judicial branches of government to appease the religious Right.  It's interesting to hear Dubya preach about "spreading freedom," while trying to erode it at home every day.  His non-stop cliche about creating a "culture of life" is a wink to his Jerry Falwell wannabe buddies and he even had the audacity to invoke it after the Red Lake, Minnesota school shootings.  If I were a parent of one of those dead kids, I'd be disgusted!  It's nothing more than political grandstanding.

It wasn't the liberals who made this episode a national media circus.  They were content to let Terri die in peace.  Most of the conservatives (demonstrators excluded) could give two shits about Terri Schiavo compared to their ideology.  Shame on them.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
Debate
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »
Damn, I just read on the White House Web site that Dubya's statement on Pope John Paul II's death also included the phrase "culture of life."  It's like he's trying to hypnotize us!

I really cannot stand our president.

Offline aiiro

• View Profile
Debate
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
I believe people should have the right to die in certain extenuating situations where the act of keeping someone alive becomes "inhumane", it seemed really gruesome that she had to starve to death but if she was brain dead I hope she didn't feel it.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
Debate
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »
On 2005-04-04 11:42:00, Pete wrote:

"Damn, I just read on the White House Web site that Dubya's statement on Pope John Paul II's death also included the phrase "culture of life."  It's like he's trying to hypnotize us!

I really cannot stand our president.  "

the same G.W who signed a law as gov of TX that hospitals can choose when to end a terminal patients life.  The same culture of life that wants to end medicare for the elderly. The same guy who flew outto sign terris bill but wouldnt leave crawford for 9/11.
Yeah I dont like him.

If Terri did tell her husband thats what she wanted well god bless him for having the strength to fulfill her wishes.  If not it will probably haunt him allways.  The government has no place there.  And they knew it, the masses agreed in all major polls.
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"