Author Topic: Dunno if this was already posted  (Read 913 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dunno if this was already posted
« on: March 29, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »
But I was suing cedu, and my attorney looked into the whole bankruptcy thing, and apparently there the campuses are filing for bankruptcy individually or something, cuz the California Campus never filed for bankruptcy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
No, first I've heard of it. How does this effect your suit? I would think that you'd have a prior claim if you already filed. But if it does crash your chances there, would it change your view of CEDU any?

Why should we take advice on sex from the Pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't.
--George Bernard Shaw, Irish-born English playwright

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
Yes, they are filing bankruptcy.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=11#91790

The attorney will probably want to assess BSs assets to see if there is anything to go after.

A little story.
One upon a time a facility was being sued by a large number of plantiffs. They filed bankruptcy in a different state, the location of their home office. The judge in that state ordered the case back to the other jurisdiction and told them they were gonna have to step up to the plate.
The attorney must dig deep for hidden assests. If there truly isn't anything there, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

There is a fund in TX- not sure about other states- for these kinds of situations. Trial attorneys pay in to it. You'd get pennies on the dollar for what your case is valued at, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. And it may require that the case be in progress when the bankruptcy was filed. Not sure.

Good luck. Please report how it goes.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »
My attorney said, That shit i forgot what she said, But I guess we are attacking from a different angle now

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »
Yes they have filed BR.  I dont know why your attorney said that.  They can file in there own state.  And list all schools and there debits.  They are inc company.  Subsidary to the brown schools.  Sorry I hope the best for you and your case.  Good Luck