Author Topic: CEDU - BROWN SCHOOLS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
CEDU - BROWN SCHOOLS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »
I know a staff at CEDU - they just told staff that they are closing and they CAN'T pay the staff!

The schools got a call at 4pm yesterday Pacific Time - March 25, 2005. They were told they had 24 hours to get the kids out. There are a few high schoolers there today because their parents are out of the country and it would take one more day for them to get there and take their kids home.

Parents have pooled some money to pay some staff something... But most staff got NOTHING - no pay AT ALL for their last two weeks of work.

The story is that administrators embezzled money from the school. I do not know the details - I am telling you what the person I know has told me. She was a new hire and does not know all the administrators. BUT - she was there when they announced that they got a phone call and all the schools were closing in 24 hours. ALL of them!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ack

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
I am told it was the CEO of Brown Schools. They had filed for bankrupcy and NOT told the staff. The staff were told at 4pm (Running Springs) that the kids needed to start leaving the next morning. That's LESS than 24 hours.
ack

Offline Cooked RMA until 1990

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »
http://www.kvpress.com/news/articles05/0326cedu.htm

As a member of this town we have seen MANY past employee's do just what the Schools do.  Have parents sign a waiver and give up some cash (I do not have facts on how much just that I know people would not foster care for free) and then they "care for" their kids.  The way it looks now our town will have a few more "rich kids" living around here and going to public school.  Funny in a strange way yet not funny at all that parents don't know how to love and care for their own kids and feel they must DO something as bad as give them up!

I'm sure the law suits are playing a big part in this.  But did it not always come down to money?

That was the JEST of what I got from the school who had it how much and if you thought your time was worth more than they wanted to pay you were gone.
ife is a gift, our soul got this gift to be here in this time in history of this planet, human kind has never had so many things to do in such a short time.  Go live your life.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »
On 2005-03-26 14:50:00, Jack1963 wrote:

"I am told it was the CEO of Brown Schools. They had filed for bankrupcy and NOT told the staff. The staff were told at 4pm (Running Springs) that the kids needed to start leaving the next morning. That's LESS than 24 hours. "

how scandalous! why am i not surprised?
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »
The CEDU program has been in trouble since the time of the Brown School take over.  It was a bad financial decision from the beginning and Brown School never got things under control.  There wasn't embezzlement...just too much cost and not enough money coming in...can't do business that way for long.  If ed consultants lose faith, they don't send kids, no money comes in, staff is let go, consultants lose more faith, the school starts taking the wrong profile of students, understaffed and with the wrong population--the program stuggles, the numbers go down, the consultants stop sending kids...out of business.  Pretty straight forward.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
Yeh, and Brown didn't have the best reputation going into this. They had been under fire for death due to illegal restraints, sexual misconduct, and other problems before they dumped their psych hospitals and moved into the 'educational' field. Could have something to do with decreased enrollment. I pretty sure their reputation is fairly well known.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »
Are you sure? My source was an employee and she is absolutely certain. Of course, she worked there for a short period of time. She was there part time and part time at my workplace. Frankly, we all told her she's MUCH better off not working in that hellhole. But she's sure that it was embezzelment.

On 2005-03-26 21:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The CEDU program has been in trouble since the time of the Brown School take over.  It was a bad financial decision from the beginning and Brown School never got things under control.  There wasn't embezzlement...just too much cost and not enough money coming in...can't do business that way for long.  If ed consultants lose faith, they don't send kids, no money comes in, staff is let go, consultants lose more faith, the school starts taking the wrong profile of students, understaffed and with the wrong population--the program stuggles, the numbers go down, the consultants stop sending kids...out of business.  Pretty straight forward.  "
ack

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »
Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »
So how do we go about getting totally credulous people to lose faith in the unworthy?

Psychedelics often produce psychotic and even violent behavior in those who have never used them.
--Timothy Leary

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »
go to google news and type in CEDU

it's official

Offline OvenFresh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
It's about damn time for these schools to go down, but lets not forget our good times w/ our friends, also all the cool counselors that are now unemployed........NICE JOB BROWN SCHOOLS.........IDIOTS

Offline former CEDU therapist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
I am very relieved to hear about this.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
On 2005-03-27 11:33:00, OvenFresh wrote:

NICE JOB BROWN SCHOOLS.........IDIOTS

And how did the Chuck E. Dederich University come to be on the rocks, and so bought out by Brown to begin with?

BTW, I don't know if I buy the embezzelment story, either. I've read that Brown was in hock for dozens of $5m/pop fines. This is a damned expensive industry, if you're not getting away w/ it.

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.

--Julius Caesar

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
How big is Brown Schools?

Is the beginning of the end, or just
a program cut, and eventual real estate
sell off due to either cash flow, or
pending lawsuit payouts, or the alledged
embezelment?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
I don't know how big they were. (it's time we started using the past tense  ::cheers:: ) But they had a muthu big reputation. I hope Lon's taking it alright (which is to say just close enough to a nervous breakdown to seek help, but not close enough to actually suffer permanent harm)

They might be giants. It's significan't. Lots of former CEDU students suddenly bold enough to pipe in. Good for them, for sure, at least. Just hunker and watch. We'll see.

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
http://smack.accesscard.org/index/misc/atheist/' target='_new'>Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist