Author Topic: Cedu is mother fucking gone shut the fuck down  (Read 12112 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Cedu is mother fucking gone shut the fuck down
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »
Please don't spam.

God is inconceivable, immortality is unbelievable, but duty is peremptory and absolute.
--George Eliot, author

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline alternativa

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
To Roy:

You write really beautifully. You should write a book about dealing with adolescents.

Ginger writes beautifully as well--but she should write a different book--not sure which one though

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
So where do people sent the troubled kids now? Is it somewhere worse like Provo?
o What

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
On 2005-03-28 06:56:00, NivekOgre wrote:

"So where do people sent the troubled kids now? Is it somewhere worse like Provo?"

I sure hope not!

To Cedu Parents:

With cedu gone, It's time to take responsibility and raise  your kids.

They are your children! No one can love them more or is better suited to guide them than you!

No one else can fix your families' problems for you, you have to do it.  If everything you tried before failed, then get creative! Try something else,get help if you need it, but YOU have to be there, and YOU must make it work!

Talk to your kids.  LISTEN to what they say.

Take the time off work, forget about your appointments & professional obligations, fuck what other people say or think!

Nothing is more important than family, especially our children...and no personal sacrifice is too great to ensure their well being!

And if you disagree with the last sentence, then you have no business being anyone's parent in the first place!

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2005-03-28 12:35 ]

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »
On 2005-03-28 12:26:00, SON OF SERBIA wrote:

"

On 2005-03-28 06:56:00, NivekOgre wrote:

"So where do people sent the troubled kids now? Is it somewhere worse like Provo?"

I sure hope not!

To Cedu Parents:

With cedu gone, It's time to take responsibility and raise  your kids.
They are your children!  No one can love
them more or is better suited to guide
them than you!

No one else can fix your families' problems for you, you have to do it.  If everything you tried before failed, then get creative! Try something else,get help if you need it, but YOU have to be there, and YOU must make it work!

Talk to your kids.  LISTEN to what they say.

Take the time off work, forget about your appointments & professional obligations, fuck what other people say or think!

Nothing is more important than family, especially our children...and no personal sacrifice is too great to ensure their well being!

And if you disagree with the last sentence, then you have no business being anyone's parent in the first place!

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
Truer words have not been spoken. Parents and families are woven together. Every part influences the other.

The individual influences the family. The family influences each individual in the family, as each individual influences each other - both parts and groups are influenced individually and collectively.

The marriage is influenced the same as the kids by the values and styles of each person or holon.
It is a system. Would you fix your broken engine by fixing the air conditioner? Would the air conditioner be happy to sit in a broken car? Would a teen from a sick family system fix himself and thereby fix anything in the family that makes him who he is? Can he go back and be perfect in a fucked up family? Mayhe the family would be happy with him but not with itself. Would he be happy with the family for long? Yes, if he moves out and goes to college or to work. Did the school make him respect you? Sorry, but that is mythology. Only you can make him or her respect you - by changing your values.

The individual and each family member are further influenced by the community, then economics, then religion or lack therof.
Finally, Sadly, all of this is influenced by culture. In this country values our are based upon short term solutions, the short term, dead, "fix" of money, property, and status.

Money and goods actually never fixed any social system, but they did make people weak and lazy - too weak and lazy to be good parents.

Look, the problem is in the system. A system that is unbalanced or balanced improperly and unjustly.

Now, I'm not a femily values, religious nut type. I am simply trying to illustrate how deep in shit you are and how much of a waste and injustice it is to send your kid away to be "fixed."

Son of serbia has it exactly correct.

There is no magic solution. The only solution is each person in the family coming together and changing the way each communicates, relates, loves, expresses emotion, and mostly - What do they value, property or relationships - whatever it is.

Each individual is part of the problem, but the biggest part is almost always the way parents have one set of values for their kids and another for themselves. Further, we have all been taught the wrong values by a relationally bankrupt country that values only individual power and property, a country "without a heart" that breeds people without a heart.

"Follow the path with a heart." Hint - Bombs are not heart. That is what Son of Serbia is saying. Listen to him. Raise your own kids, Solve your own problems, get family therapy if you can't fix it. But never send your kids away. Never.

Sincerely,

Your local family therapist
----------------------------     [ This Message was edited by: Roy on 2005-03-28 15:08 ]

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Roy on 2005-03-28 15:03 ]

Offline OvenFresh

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
I agree fully.  In order to fix a family, you can't seperate it.  All the pieces of the puzzle must be present.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »
On 2005-03-26 08:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-03-26 06:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"oh my god, although this is an amazing event for some of us, there are now 500+ unemployed people. whether you liked all of them or not, A.) some of them really kicked ass, and B.) what the hell are all of those people going to do for food? some of them live together and some of them have familys to take care of. stop being so coldhearted towards them."

Don't try and take away this moment for those who truly suffered in these programs. It IS sad 500 people will be out of work, but it is an opportunity for them to find work in other more legitimate areas, not the end of the world. People loose their jobs every day, and what do they do? they pick themselves up, dust themselves off and move on. I think if they are that talented and caring, they will find other work. Things have a way of coming together if you keep in mind that it is an opprotunity to change and it may be so much better!

In addition I wish to ask you who is being cold hearted here? Let these people have their moment of celebration, its been a long time coming for them. There are people who were "treated" in these programs who probably find it hard keeping jobs because of the things these programs did to their minds too. Let them have their moment without trying to guilt them, they have had enough of that to last a lifetime already.

"

you bastard, you dont fucking know me, you dont know all the shit ive had to deal with. i in NO WAY support cedu, it is an evil vile place and i am glad it is gone, but there are some very good people with very kind hearts who are know SOL and you want to celebrate?! fuck you, your an asshole. dont try talking down to me either or trying to guilt trip me for saying the truth, have some compassion you shithead.

Offline Oppositional Defiance

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »
It sounds like you still have some serious sorting out to do after your cedu experience, buddy

O-P-P
(Yeah, you know me)
ppositional Defiance,
AKA
Black Francis the 2nd
Email- [email protected]
Phone- 727-743-1914

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »
For those who are curious.

I am one of the 250 or so who lost their job on Friday in North Idaho. None of the staff, or even the regional managers was aware that the financial problems at CEDU had reached such dire proportions until we did not receive our paychecks on Thurs. We were told that a meeting of the upper management/financial backers would take place on Fri., and that an announcement would be made late in the day informing us of when we might receieve our checks. I have since been told that the two primary investors in Brown Schools 1) George McGowan and his partner, Delough (sp?) and 2)a group called "Teachers" could not reach agreement on a plan or price for a possible sale to other investors, and instead chose to immediately close the schools and have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which means all the schools property and assets will be sold off to pay it's debts. The root of CEDU's financial problems as it has been explained to me goes back to the time 6-7 years ago when Brown Schools purchased it from Mel Wasserman. Apparently just prior to the sale, the Wassermans made an effort to fill the schools up quickly (particularly RMA), and created an inflated picture of what CEDU's revenue producing capacity was, which resulted in Brown Schools paying way too much for CEDU. They have tried numerous measures in the past few years to rectify this, but were unsuccessful. This is particularly troublesome to those of us who currently worked there, as for the most part BCA, NWA, and Ascent were profitable in the context of their own budgets, but not in the context of paying off loans for the inflated price paid for them.
There are attempts being made by some staff, current parents, and ed consultants to reach out to alumni students and families or other investors to reorganize and create an ongoing program or programs, but it is likely that the window for this, at least on the current properties will be short.
Parents of current students have also been making donations to help the staff, who have not been paid a cent for the last 3 weeks work, and are unlikely to see much or any of the money as it is tied up in bankruptcy. Many have continued to come to work and help the kids and families get ready to move on.
As a relative newcomer to the CEDU system, I am sympathetic to those who had to endure some of the "old school" CEDU approach. Someone earlier posted about how the best staff and therapists were those that tried to create a bond with students and then appealed to their desire to create something better for themselves and their families. I couldn't agree more. While I'll acknowledge that there were vestiges of the "old school", while I was there I never saw anything that I considered abuse, and had I, I would have reported it to Child Protection.
I can understand those who may have been mistreated feeling a sense of relief or even some kind of vindictive joy at CEDU's closing. But I hope some can understand that there were many who worked there out of a sincere desire to help and care for kids, and not for money. I made a decent living at this, but not enough to, for example, send my child to a CEDU, let alone a regular boarding school. The loss of 250 jobs to the Bonners Ferry area will be a devastating blow to a community that doesn't have much to begin with.

Offline pstceduemployee

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »
Cedu in Running springs has been in trouble for a few years.  I don't understand why employees did not see the writing on the wall.  It has just gotten worse in the passed 6 months.  The Cedu employees should seen a red flag when Auto Deposit was taken away on there checks.  They could not make good on payroll over a month ago.  They could not secure the funds with the bank.  As far as the wassermans making something bigger then what it was I don't think so.  At lest when the Wassermans owned it they cared about there employees.  I have worked for Cedu for almost 20 years and when the brown schools bought it.  It really took a shit.  I know years ago Cedu Campus in Running Springs was the $$$$ backer for RMA when they got started.  I don't understand why the employees at the Running Springs campus did not catch on.  I was not suprised at all. 1.They had a lay off  a few months back Bill Shea (He was a big salary employee) and a few others were let go.  2.  They were not keeping up with taking care of the facilities(nothing was being fixed.)  Heck they did not even have a fire system up and running. (It has not worked in 3 years) That in itself was a big violation. And then came the auto deposit of payroll taken away.  I am so sorry that so many people lost there jobs.  I wish everyone the best.  And hope the kids are safe back at home with there parents.  God bless

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »
I hope that bonner county makes it through this blow. it is really unjust. i believe that we will see more of this type of incompassionate capitalism with the current administration. I hope that everyone writes letters. you representatives are meant to represent you. actions should be taken to stop industry and corporate america from doing this type of thing to america.

I am a tree hugger i have no problem saying that, an environmentalist to the bone, i love this planet, this universe, i will continue to speak out to protect the environment and the world i love.

i quote grist.org:

Do you love breathing air and drinking water? Mountains, oceans, cities, streams? Want kids to grow up healthy, happy, and peaceful? That's environmentalism. It's about everyone and everything you love.

speak out prove us all wrong and show us all that environmentalism is not dead.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
I think Bonners Ferry is getting it's just deserts, that's all. Nobody in that damned town gave a care about where their money came from for all those years. Now they're crying in their beer cause it suddenly went away. Next time, beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
aura solomon

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
On 2005-03-29 08:40:00, mikehunt wrote:

"I think Bonners Ferry is getting it's just deserts, that's all. Nobody in that damned town gave a care about where their money came from for all those years. Now they're crying in their beer cause it suddenly went away. Next time, beware of Greeks bearing gifts."

I couldn't agree more Laura...And if there's no jobs left in Bonners, then I would suggest the residents there move to where the work is, and get real jobs!  Bonners Ferry is cursed as far as I'm concerned...I can't think of a more deserving fate than for that place to become a ghost town!