Author Topic: Cedu is mother fucking gone shut the fuck down  (Read 12007 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Cedu is mother fucking gone shut the fuck down
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
Freaking astounding!

http://bonnercountydailybee.com/article ... news01.txt

They interview one after another parent and staffer who haven't got a clue why this happened. Are they even slightly curious? It's hard for me to imagine that they don't actually know, or at least suspect something already.

But they just go on and on and on

"What you know?"
"Me? Never saw it commin'"
"You"?
"Nope, me neither. Like a bolt of lightening out of the sky!"

Oh brother!

But all the towns folks are deeply saddened to lose their blood money. What a cryin' shame! :roll:

so long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?
--stephen Hawking, English scientist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tonkatsu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »
Congratulations to all of you that helped make it happen.

The abrupt announcement, leaving kids and parents in a state of frenzy shows just how much Cedu really cared, doesn't it.  When the bucks are gone......

Offline lookatmenowbitch

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »
im sorry deborah...i guess i missunderstood ... and wut exactly r u dissapointed in?  i didnt get that part?
broken\" children are no more than the remains of the parent who dropped them and carelessly left the peices to cut whoever tried to pick them up.
                 - noelle

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »
Disappointing that the kids will most likely be placed elsewhere instead of returning to their lives.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline alternativa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
I've got to ask: Did the parents get a refund for services not yet rendered? It didn't seem clear from that article or else I missed it.

Do you think they saw bad times coming and got an account in the Caymans or Panama?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »
your dad may work at ascent and im sorry he has lost his job but come from our prespective i dont know your dad but when i was at ascent no staff cared about me or what they did to me i still have nightmares about going back there ascent to me was aplace where i was yelled at and belittled constantly i dont think one person could have made a difference being in a crowd of indignant rednecks

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2005, 02:21:00 AM »
On 2005-03-26 21:28:00, alternativa wrote:

"I've got to ask: Did the parents get a refund for services not yet rendered? It didn't seem clear from that article or else I missed it.

Do you think they saw bad times coming and got an account in the Caymans or Panama?"

Actually, I was just reading over at Struggling Teen  http://www. strugg ling te ens. com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=14 (remove the spaces from the url, I don't want to promote their traffic so I'm doing it this way from now on)

There's some talk of a program that shut down leaving parents in the lurch for some funding. Topic is "Red Flags and Good Questions"  I had to laugh over the sorrow that some of them couldn't afford to ship the kids off again after that. Waaa!  :rofl: Poverty does have it's perks sometimes, I suppose.

There's another one in the "Program Questions" forum from just Thursday asking if CEDU would be the right choice for their 12yo kid, who just graduated SUWS.

My oh my!

I don't usually read over there. But I had to look. I recently found out that they don't get anywhere near half the traffic we do. Wonder why... :rofl:  

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136374069/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Andrew Tannenbaum

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
WHY CEDU DOESN?T GET IT ?

Actually, not understanding that CEDU and it's program was the problem, not understanding that they have been abusing kids for 36 years, not understanding that you can't treat mentally ill or socially marginalized people without having ethical standards has been the whole problem since the beginning.

When I was there, I wrote two Brown Schools CEOs and told them exactly that the problem was "that nobody on the program staff had ethics and that the ditching of the "Brown Schools Code of Ethics" upon its introduction to staff in 2000 would run them out of business," but they didn't even reply.

Bottom line is that it all can be explained by what I call "The David Koresh Syndrome." The fact is that, when a program disallows outside information, training, paradigm shifts, self questioning, free thought, and dialogue, it can never see either the errors of its ways or the demise of itself. That demise is now come.

CEDU like most other cults, take Scientology, Mormonism, Hari Krishna?s, David Koresh, The Children of God, Synanon, and Straight. They see only what they want to see. They believe only what they want to believe.

Mormons are a good example, they believe they are special people, superior people, and are becoming Gods. If you are God, is there any point in questioning yourself or your deeds? No, your only purpose is to make others think, act, and feel exactly like you - so they can be superior exactly like you. Superiority is pro-survival and therefore hard to give up. So, you disavow anyone or anything that questions you. Think, don't all con men make their mark feel superior before they screw him for everything he has? This is the secret of the cult. You believe because, if you don't, you are flawed and boring like all the rest of us. You just can't handle that, so you go into denial and stay there.

Well, welcome to reality CEDU. You are no better than the kids and critics - the intellectually, but not spiritually exolved, human masses.  

So, the only problem they all have is that the propheets, the workshops, the raps and the ceremony did not actually make them superior beings. It only made them THINK they were superior.

Belief is powerful. You can temporarily change by believing in yourself, but, at some point, a foundation must be placed under that belief. CEDU and its converts had no foundation, (except their own self glorification), and they all are in for a rude awakening in the real world where most people look you over, challenge you, and think you are an idiot or an asshole if you believe in your own higher purpose in life, your own emotional growth, your own superiority.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
One thing that tells you how the Brown schools operate.  Most of the families are on credit card debit or bank account debit for tuition.  Cedu charged everyone one March 24th for the month of April knowing that they were going to shut down on April 25th and declare bankruptcy.  In addition they immediately shut down the CEDU email system so allof the remaining staff that is working free to try to make sure the kids get home done't have email.  

My daughter went there, but I pulled here 3 months ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »
I made a mistake in the previous email.  They charged everyone on March 24th knowning they were going to shut down March 26th!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
On 2005-03-27 16:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

In addition they immediately shut down the CEDU email system so allof the remaining staff that is working free to try to make sure the kids get home done't have email.  

Well that explains why we're not hearing anything from that staffer who was posting earlier. I was really looking forward to hearing from him, too.

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
--Annie Dillard, "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek"

Offline CedusAShitHole

• View Profile
    • http://slickrick510.blogspot.com/
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »
at first people didnt believe me but then i was practically screamin at them " I'm not lyin" today is a great day lol  :smile:

Offline alternativa

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
To Roy:

That was very well put. Very eloquent and clear.

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
Thank you,

It is always nice to hear that you were understood.

Peace

Offline OvenFresh

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
It's about damn time for these schools to go down, but lets not forget our good times w/ our friends, also all the cool counselors that are now unemployed........NICE JOB BROWN SCHOOLS.........IDIOTS