Author Topic: Racism and other stuff  (Read 30113 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
290-2-7-.02 Applicability. Amended.
(1) No person, institution, agency, society or facility shall operate a Therapeutic Camp unless a license or permit has been obtained from the Department. UM, NO.  NO LICENSE. HLA RUNS UNLICENSED WILDERNESS PROGRAM.

290-2-7-.04 Personnel. Amended.
(3) The Administrator or Executive Director shall have a masters degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three years of increasingly responsible experience in the human service, mental health or health care field, or a Bachelors Degree plus 5 years experience in the field of child care, human services, mental health, at least 2 of which includes supervisory and/or administrative responsibility. UM, NO.  HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS.  HLA BREAKING GEORGIA LAW AGAIN.

(7) The staff member with primary responsibility for planning, developing, implementing treatment services, supervising staff who deliver the treatment and ancillary services, and developing in-service training shall have a master's degree in psychology, social work, education or other related fields and experience and/or training in working with children in an outdoor therapeutic environment. UH...NO, HE DOESN'T RESEMBLE THIS EITHER.

Here's the ONLY true, meaningful statement you have made in a good, long while, Mrs. Gray: "I know nothing about requirements for bootcamps or for wilderness camps."  CONGRATULATIONS!  YOU HAVE TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME.  SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS?  NOW, PLEASE GO BACK AND EDIT YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS WITH THE SAME HONESTY...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
SHH, you are denser than a rock.

Thank god the state doesn't have to defer to your opinons re: the requirements for Directors and Staff of such a facility.

And yes, you do know something about state regs. I posted them for you, so you wouldn't have to do the research yourself. Ignore them if you choose. Parents who thought they were purchasing a state-of-the-art wilderness experience may have a different opinion. BTW, who said Antonio was required to be a Psychologist/Counselor?

I'm aware that you know nothing about RC. You could find out if you cared to, just as you have 'found out' about other things that happened after you left.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
On 2005-04-17 10:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"290-2-7-.02 Applicability. Amended.

(1) No person, institution, agency, society or facility shall operate a Therapeutic Camp unless a license or permit has been obtained from the Department. UM, NO.  NO LICENSE. HLA RUNS UNLICENSED WILDERNESS PROGRAM.

290-2-7-.04 Personnel. Amended.

(3) The Administrator or Executive Director shall have a masters degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three years of increasingly responsible experience in the human service, mental health or health care field, or a Bachelors Degree plus 5 years experience in the field of child care, human services, mental health, at least 2 of which includes supervisory and/or administrative responsibility. UM, NO.  HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS.  HLA BREAKING GEORGIA LAW AGAIN.

(7) The staff member with primary responsibility for planning, developing, implementing treatment services, supervising staff who deliver the treatment and ancillary services, and developing in-service training shall have a master's degree in psychology, social work, education or other related fields and experience and/or training in working with children in an outdoor therapeutic environment. UH...NO, HE DOESN'T RESEMBLE THIS EITHER.

Here's the ONLY true, meaningful statement you have made in a good, long while, Mrs. Gray: "I know nothing about requirements for bootcamps or for wilderness camps."  CONGRATULATIONS!  YOU HAVE TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME.  SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS?  NOW, PLEASE GO BACK AND EDIT YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS WITH THE SAME HONESTY...

"

I case you didn't know, this was me.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
I tell the truth about what I experienced and what MY opinion is because my opinion doesnt if your agenda its automatically not valid I guess huh? I cannot LIE about what I experienced now can I....someone who runs the camp from a business point of view does NOT need to be a counselor...that was not his job...he wasnt the one responsible for the things listed on your post. that was somebody elses job to be the counselor and running the counseling portion of the program.  And Keith was the CO of the Army camp....very much qualified to run a "human services" based camp. Thats what the Army Ranger camp is. They deal with students learning wilderness skills. And Ridge Creek is licensed. It is being run legally. Now Deborah I dont know why you think that Army Rangers are doing anything bizarre. It is their JOB to train Army Rangers to do maneuvers in the woods....that is not "grown men playing games" ...its their training. NOt sure why that is so weird. But anyway, I have to go take care of family members and do housework and go grocery shopping so feel free to bash in my absence ....and just so you know Im not "running away in fear" LMAO (that one is just too funny)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »
On 2005-04-17 11:03:00, SHH wrote:

"I tell the truth about what I experienced and what MY opinion is because my opinion doesnt if your agenda its automatically not valid I guess huh? I cannot LIE about what I experienced now can I....someone who runs the camp from a business point of view does NOT need to be a counselor...that was not his job...he wasnt the one responsible for the things listed on your post. that was somebody elses job to be the counselor and running the counseling portion of the program.  And Keith was the CO of the Army camp....very much qualified to run a "human services" based camp. Thats what the Army Ranger camp is. They deal with students learning wilderness skills. And Ridge Creek is licensed. It is being run legally. Now Deborah I dont know why you think that Army Rangers are doing anything bizarre. It is their JOB to train Army Rangers to do maneuvers in the woods....that is not "grown men playing games" ...its their training. NOt sure why that is so weird. But anyway, I have to go take care of family members and do housework and go grocery shopping so feel free to bash in my absence ....and just so you know Im not "running away in fear" LMAO (that one is just too funny)"

Shoot me now!  Shoot me now!

Somebody put me out of my misery.  This knot-headed retard is fucking KILLING me.

Let me correct you again:  BY GEORGIA LAW, YES, HE MUST HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE AND AT LEAST THREE YEARS PROGRESSIVE EXPERIENCE IN HEALTH/HUMAN SERVICES.  The Army is NOT health and human services.  Therefore, as logic would have it, it is not "being run legally," is it?

Since when does MILITARY=HUMAN SERVICES?  Ask any military personnel, especially INFANTRY, and they will tell you their job is to KILL THE ENEMY.  How on God's green earth does that translate into HUMAN SERVICES?  Is killing a human service?  Is teaching others to kill a human service?

You're a piece of work, lady.  I can see why Fat Bill kicked your ass to the curb: YOU'VE GOT MORE ISSUES THAN A FUCKING MAGAZINE RACK.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »
D. did I cuss you? Did I call you names???? NO I didnt....you chose to be that immature. So you dont agree with my statements. Oh well. I stand by what I said....The army ranger camp trains soldiers to survive in the woods and wilderness skills and to avoid the enemy, etc. Keith's job as a wilderness camp was similar in nature and therefore he was qualified. I already TOLD you the counselors had the job of dealing with counseling issues. There was another position that you are quoting in your post that was NOT Keith's job. Keith isnt even there anymore its moot at this point. And by the way, since you dont KNOW ME, D., I suggest you dont make ASSUMPTIONS about my divorce...not only is it something you have NO clue as to who divorced who, or whether it was mutual, it is simply not something relevent to this post...do I question you about your relationships?? NO I think NOT. IF you're so curious why dont you call Bill up? I am sure he would appreciate you calling him fat. Very nice and grown up. He is an ex football player and almost 6'5. Not exactly "fat". You just cant avoid the self serving insults to others can you. Grow up will you? Cussing me not only makes you look immature, it is irrelevent to the discussion. I do believe you have FAR more issues than I, D., such as your hatefulness, and quick temper. have fun!  :wave: [ This Message was edited by: SHH on 2005-04-17 11:58 ]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
Cussing?

"The army ranger camp trains soldiers to survive in the woods and wilderness skills and to avoid the enemy, etc. Keith's job as a wilderness camp was similar in nature and therefore he was qualified."

Did you confirm this with the Office of Regulatory Services? Did they recently change their regulations? Or is it just your/HLA's opinion?
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »
You're a moron.  Plain and simple.  Anyone who reads this thread sees that.

Yes, Bill was fat.  Yes, you are annoying.

We're not having a "discussion."  What we have is you droning on and on about how 2 + 2 = 5.

Let me clarify:  You make no sense.  You say what is opposite of PROVEN FACT.  You deny others' points of view as if yours were correct, even though what you say invariably flies in the face of reality.

There is no "discussion."  There hasn't been since we've dealt with you.  You are incapable of sustaining a discussion based in reality.

Please, for the sake of everyone involved, put the car in the garage, leave it running, close the garage door and take a nice long nap...

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-04-17 12:50 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
I have friends who were Seedlings. Did you just diss seedlings? Why?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »
SHH,
You may not know the history of boot camps and wilderness programs. Since 1980, 90-some kids have died from this 'therapy'. All due to neglect or abuse.

Many professionals have spoken out against this type of 'therapy'. Claiming it is not only ineffective, but harmful.

Georgia even shut down their state run boot camps for juveniles offenders, stating, "`It is our experts' opinion -- and the opinion of many of the boot camp staff and mental health professionals with whom we spoke -- that the paramilitary boot camp model is not only ineffective, but harmful to such youths,''  said Mr. Bill Lann Lee , Acting Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights"

Point being, these outdoor/wilderness/boot camp programs need to be watched carefully. Many programs that killed kids were properly licensed, so even that is not a guarentee. But the regs need to be followed for the little safety that they might afford.

Offline Macaroni3001

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »
First off I never lived in Lumpkin County or Dawsonville.  I commutted to work everyday with a couple of my work mates.  How in the hell do you know what I experienced in Lumpkin county, dawsonville, or any part of the world.  If you sit here and beleive that racism, bigotry, or whatever else that goes along with hatred towards people of the darker skin color then you are ignorant to the facts.  So Mrs Shh did not set the record straight. The only thing she did was talk about her experiences in those counties or areas.  You don't know what I experienced.  Peace Out.

Offline Macaroni3001

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
Yes I did work at HLA for about 8 months between June of 2004 until March of 2005.  Well my experience there was a little mix.  I loved working with the students as there counselor and basketball coach.  But I did not some of the things that happen while I worked at HLA.  

Things I liked:
1. The staff was cool as hell.  I made a lot of friends and still is friends with staff such as Daryl, Johnny, Bill W.(a black guy), Miya, Jenine, and Denny.  

2.  I loved working with my peer groups and teams.
3.  I like some of the off campus activities they had for the students.
4.  I like the fact that they allowed me to use my skill to apply to the job as much as I wanted.  Which allowed me to be real with the students.

Things I disliked:
1. the pay sucks.
2. The place is ran like a dictatorship.  If you did not do what the owner or some admin said you would get the axe.
3. I did not like some of the reason I had to put a student on restrictions for.  Such as relationships, not writing fallout, and some more but thats all I can think of right now.
4. I did not like the fact that I had to do AC staff work such as go to the airport, cover dorms, cover activities, sit a lake front all fucking day or lower left all day long.
5.  I did not like the fact that they changed the schedule and required counselors to work at least one evening in the week.
6.  I did not like the fact that during the winter we did not have heat in the counselor building.
7.  I did not like the fact that they did not allow student to watch certain music but allowed to them to listen to others that glorifyied sex, drugs, and alcohol also.
8.  It was alot of indirect racism.  
9.  I hated the lodge food.  Especially the soup special maggot soup.  
10.  I have more but I cannot think of them right now.

I never saw childern being abused.  When they were on restricitons they had to do alot of PT, cleaning up, writing assignments, and they were not allowed to have certain drinks at dinner and peanut butter sandwiches.  But they were allowed to eat regular dinners or fix a cold cut sandwich or salad.  The work for a counselor is so over bearing that it makes them very unhappy because we are not appreciated and we have no voice.  We are over worked with two peer groups.  The benefits suck.  I left because the job was taking away from my family and they are more important than anything in my life.  I wanted to pursue a career in coaching and teaching.  I'm also going back to school to first get certified to teach and to get my Ph.d. in Educational Leadership.  

If you have any question I would like to answer them but I'm only going to talk about my experiences.

Offline revengeofamuffin

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »
So you were a staff? I think that is cool that you knew Daryl and all them. They were the reason I was able to stand that place for so long. Jenine was soo amaing also. There were a few staff that made living there bearable. Laura, John (The redhead), those sort of people. I think that is really cool that you were friends with them. But I have to ask you why you were only there for a few months. Staff come and go a lot there, but that is a really short period of time to stay. Were you a counselor or an activities person or what?
PS: Jason was the most amazing black guy ever. Is he still there?

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.[ This Message was edited by: revengeofamuffin on 2005-04-21 06:27 ]
on\'t believe everything you read on the internet.

Offline Macaroni3001

• View Profile
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »
I was a counselor there and I also coached basketball.  Jason left about 4-5 months ago to do volunteer work some where.  Daryl and I are real close friends now.  did you work there and if so when.  Please believe I know no to believe everything on here, because some things are exagerrated.

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
Racism and other stuff
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
She was a student there