Author Topic: Whitmore  (Read 15345 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »
Alana, you write:
On balance, though, some spit in peanut butter was the least of my worries when my daughter entered The Whitmore.

OK - maybe this was down on your list of worries - but surely you don't consider it a non issue?
*If its True* (and *I* don't know that it is) this is extremely gross, degrading and dangerous to the kid's health.

Think about it - if you learned that your daughter was in line in the local school's cafeteria, and the lunch lady picked up her plate of food and spit in it, as a consequence for having called the teacher  a buffoon, Would you not be outraged?
And this is a free public education meal; Not one your paying out the waazoo for.

I wonder, were you informed prior to enrolment that degradation and humiliation and health risks were part of the program? Did anyone tell you about the spit consequence?

*If this is true* about the spitting in the food (and *I* don't know that it is)
it is absolutely appalling and inexcusable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
Note that Alana SEEMS to just be happy that her daughter came out of the program at Whitmore ALIVE.
Most parents sent their child to Whitmore to be educated and for therapy for their specific "problem."
DO NOT BELIEVE any parent thought the ultimate goal was for their kid to merely "survive and come out with their life intact!!!!!"
Not one parent I know signed up their child for ANY type of ABUSE. We had a contract that stated NO PHYSICAL ABUSE IS ALLOWED.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
Thank you.  The ones I forwarded to you were the last (and only) ones I received, so you have everything.  I will, of course, forward any more should I receive any.  I hope we've heard the last from whoever it is, though.

Thank you again for your good wishes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
Weak Alana,

no social or moral commitment..........resposibility???....I got mine attitude..........watch out for number one????????.....Florida trailer TRASH????...which is it????

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Whitmore
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
On 2005-03-29 07:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

DO NOT BELIEVE any parent thought the ultimate goal was for their kid to merely "survive and come out with their life intact!!!!!"

Oh, I do believe that. I think most of the parents who buy into the troubled parent industry are scared to death when they do. The industry feeds on that fear, stokes it to the max and then offers a magical, miracle cure for the low low price of [well, how much have ya' got?] But act now before your kid is DEAD!! I just think they and their kids would be far better off if they would just call Miss Cleo and leave the poor kids out of it.

All thinking men are atheists.
--Ernest Hemingway, American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Really? Some parents do buy into that? Poor Alana, then. Being so grateful that Tori came out "alive," that this mother can just overlook food being spit into and all the other abuses being spelled out for her. That is something else. With this type of mindset, her daugher will probably never tell her what really went on at Whitmore. This girl works there now, too. They really got the program, I suppose.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »
I might be disgusted.  I might not.  Again, though, I was in a different situation than you or whomever you know are.  I've seen teenagers do disgusting things - much worse than spit in peanut butter.  I have a different perspective than you do.  If one, two, or a few more kids said it happened, and others said it didn't, I certainly wouldn't leap to conclusions. I also take every bit of "drama" that troubled teens report with more than a few grains of salt.

Like I said, I have my opinion and this forum is the very LAST thing that would alter it, particularly given the hostile, dramatic, hysteria-prone postings by a very few.  For any teen program, I would absolutely expect a number of teens to complain.  Scores of children have been at The Whitmore over the years.  Of course a few will allege abuse.  Am I saying abuse is okay?  Of course not!  I'm just saying that I need to see a heck of lot more before I believe it.  The same is true for parents.  Some parents - out of scores of parents - will hate the program.  

I'm happy because I'm not trying to get anyone to change their opinion.  Others are unhappy because I'm not conforming to their view.  I'm simply pointing out that we are ALL entitled to our views.  That seems to be very hard for some to take.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
If your goal is convince everyone of your opinion instead of merely voicing it and allowing others to speak theirs, you are wasting your time.  Your anger is showing through.  There are still plenty of parents that disagree with you - in fact - there are dozens and dozens.  Demonstrating your anger by using all caps won't do the trick.  You and your little vigilante group can just keep on going; the rest of us are at peace.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
I do not know where you people live etc. But I have never witnessed anyone ever spitting in anyone's food in my entire life. I have never seen anyone, except perhaps a toddler who does not know better, spit on another human being. It is absolutely unaccceptable behavior, it is disgusting, it is demeaning, and it is unhealthy. NOTHING said can explain away this type of behavior. It is unacceptable, PERIOD. Please do not even try to explain away Cheryl Sudweeks spitting in a student's face, or allowing anyone to spit in a student's food. It can not be explained away under any circumstances.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
ANON is entitled to his/her views. No one has said any difference.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »
Abuses spelled out by people with distorted views don't mean a thing to me.  And yeah, Tori never tells me a thing.  We don't talk for hours on end, and our relationship is really bad.  Go ahead and believe that.  It quite conforms to your line of thinking.

Just remember - you're the one all worked up - I'm content and just sharing my good news!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
And who gave you the authortity to define "distorted views?" Anything that conflicts with the lies told by the Sudweeks must be considered "distorted views," we assume?

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
Well, I'm happy for you.  You live in a perfect little world - except for your misinformation about the Whitmore.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
The same authority that gave you the right to post your message.  Duh.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
P.S.  I am not your mommy.  Thank God.
lana