Author Topic: The Perfect Murder  (Read 909 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« on: March 22, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
You know, if you murdered your teen, and both parents were implicated, you could get away with it cold just by ditching the body where it wouldn't be found (or destroying it), and not saying anything to the neighbors or friends or family.

When they started poking around, you could tell them you'd sent the kid off to boarding school and that no, they couldn't contact the kid because it would disrupt the Program and interfere with the kid's progress.  You could flat refuse to tell anyone *which* facility the kid was supposed to be in---then nobody could check out your story.

Then once the kid turns 18, you could say she chose the exit plan.  If they asked the facility then, you could always either claim to be heartbroken and not want to talk about it, or name one of the really hush-hush facilities that would neither confirm nor deny and *certainly* wouldn't want to get law enforcement sniffing around.

The perfect murder.

Kinda makes you wonder if anyone's done it yet, doesn't it?

(I'm a writer, it's my job to think in "what-ifs" that would make a good story.  It's so scary because it really could happen.  Hrms.  If I get around to it, I may do it as a novel.  Maybe a rash of Islamic honor killings of daughters?  Maybe a Utah cult getting rid of the young teens that wouldn't stand for being "married off" to old men with half a dozen older "wives"...  I usually do SF, but it would make a good general fiction thriller.  Hrms....)

Timoclea
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »
Timoclea, research Blood Atonement. It will work well with your novel's story line.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
Oh, please do it! It'll introduce the possability into the minds of a lot of different people who should be thinking along those lines.

And, btw, anyone heard from Jerry Vancil lately?

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
-- George Carlin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline miseducated

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »
ooh, freeky!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »
An even better plan is to send your teen to TLC and let them do the murdering.  No one can touch you then.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Yes, but that would be like playing Russian Roulette w/ about 5 or 10k blanks (conservative estimate)

Otoh, if you sent the kid w/ instructions to run away in case it turns out not to be a country club, then you have a truely invisible person.

Oh god! This is sick! I used to mosh on how to hack a script machine or ATM in the interest of preventing theft when my hubby was working in that field. That was pure, delicious fun. This isn't. It's .... just different. I'll read it, though, if you write it. And enjoy it.

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"  
-- Quentin Crisp

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
You knew about the kid that was picked up at military school, taken across 3 states home by his dad, and on entering the home saw his murdered family, whom, by his father's hands, then shot the boy.. The whole trip there obviously he didn't tellt he kid.. from Missouri to Nebraska I think...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
The Perfect Murder
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
No, never heard of that. How awful!

Faith is the commitment of one's consciousness to beliefs for which one has no sensory evidence or rational proof. A mystic is a man who treats his feelings as tools of cognition. Faith is the equation of feeling with knowledge.
--Ayn Rand, Russian-born author