Author Topic: TO ALL PARENTS  (Read 8869 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
I can only confirm that clear plastic cups were reused. I have no recollection of paper plates being reused. The cups would be washed out in the house boat sink with complimentary soap that was provided by Lake Powell.

I'm sorry, but wouldnt a paper plate rip if it were washed in lake water? Please get your facts straight, I think that this is a situation that is easily being exagerrated.

Chris G.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
This may not be Earth shattering news on the level of some issues, but it's a detail that helps flesh out the whole story.

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the
government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.

--President Bill Clinton

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Couture

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »
Please don't question whether my facts are actually that, facts.  You were not there when I was there, nor do you know what went on while I was there.  I am only telling things as they were, and nothing more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
The "paper plates" were the styro-foam type ones that were very thick, and YES THEY WERE WASHED IN THE LAKE, and re-used. That is a fact, and no soap was used. Sorry Chris, everything negative about your beloved Whitmore is no an exaggeration.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
Yeah, I don't really remember if soap was used or not. If so, THAT would be harmful to the lake water, if not, then that is outright disgusting.//

Yes it could pollute the lake; altho some soap is considered Bio - friendly and so safe to allow into lakes and rivers.

Of corse the "paper" plates were the "plastic" kind; altho the coated Chinette might hold up for a good wet wipping off, once or twice.

I guess I find the washing of disposable dinnerware more amusing than anything. Apparently no one got sick (or did they?)but anyway - for me its amusing - just the idea of being so cheep you can't relax and enjoy the conveince of not having to do dishes!

If they want the joy of doing dishes then they ought to invest in the camp kits mentioned eariler.
Also a couple small wash tubs they can put over a fire and heat up for the dish water.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
The  last trips i went on with the whitmore was at Lake Powell and in canada. I know for a fact that the plates, cups, and silverware { plastic or not} WERE washed in the dirty lake water { supposedly filled with little red bugs according to Sergeant CherRy.

I know because i was assigned the job of washing them with my friend at the time Krissy. It was so gross. Turtle shit floating around as well as fish guts and who knows what else!  :scared:

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
That is absolutely disgusting! For close to $4,000 per month--- "tuition" I was charged,--that woman could have bought bunches of paper plates, and simply thrown them away!!! Damn, what a penny-pinching _________!