Author Topic: What about "Carlbrook School"?  (Read 89908 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: What about
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2009, 11:19:49 PM »
p
Quote from: "Charly"
Mr. Paperclip-  When were you at CB?

I don't really feel comfortable giving that information away on the internet, especially because I saw this forum as anonymous. I hope you can understand that. My carlbrook experience was long, emotionally crippling, and unneccesary. Even my guardian who originally sent me there agreed how that most things there were not needed in my case. I had never done drugs or drank alcohol before I was there, but when I was there, and I was forced to listen to peoples' stories in groups, I questioned whether I was missing out on something. It sounds ridiculous that a good kid is forced into treatment and comes out questioning his original good morals, but that is what places like carlbrook do. They force you to abandon your guidelines whether they are good or bad, and attach yourself to theirs. If it isn't the carlbrook way, then it is the wrong way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Charly

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »
I understand.  My son was at Carlbrook and I just wondered if you crossed paths with him. You can send me a private message if you want.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 09:33:49 AM »
Probably not a good idea.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »
Quote from: "Charly"
Mr. Paperclip-  When were you at CB?
Since he knows Brynn (who has been there about 9 months) and that Alicia was fired (by last November) I think you can do the math.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
This is not to say that the students enrolled are not intelligent-- in fact, for the most part they are, and this helps the school in that students soon realize the path of least resistance and flock to it.

I was at Carlbrook from 10/03-05/05  and I found this site just looking up things about cbrook one day and I saw this quote from may 2009 and it is one of the best statements about carlbrook I have seen....  
I also constantly have dreams/nightmares about being back at carlbrook or being sent away again by my parents...
When I was there I constantly disliked the school and its program and what it was trying to do to all the kids there.   Towards the end of my stay I even got in trouble with my advisors for saying that I did not want to be like the Carlbrook sellouts who were brainwashed by this place and I got put on bans with everyone in the school except for the people I said were those sellouts.   I was constantly told in group and the workshops that I hated myself and thought all sorts of crazy shit when I didnt....
I can also say that I always thought it was creepy and weird how they tried to get all the students to hug each other and "smush" and stuff like that, I dont think parents knew their kids were going to be smushing with 50 year old men when they enrolled them.
And Grant Price is the biggest hypocrit there, and has no room to be running a school for "troubled youth" when he is just a former student and still hasnt figured his own shit out.  WHile I was there Grant would blast me and many other in group and claim a whole bunch of stuff and come to find out after I graduated that while I was there he got a dui and had to be restrained by the police and was having an affair with someone who worked there.
I was always on bans with my good friends there for a number of false and stupid reasons and just did what I could to make it through the place. I unfortunately did not turn 18 when I was there and had to endure the whole stay of 18 months.  I found the whole program to be rediculous.
And having read many things about how this is an offspring of CEDU and the other schools, I can see the similarities and the mind control or behvior modifications that they try to instill and force upon the kids there.   Issues were forced upon me in group and workshops and I was put on programs and giving absurd writing assignments that I just had to figure out what the advisor wanted me to write.
I have not really kept much in contact with how the school is now or what they do now, i graduated over 4 years ago.  I have many long talks/arguments with my mom still about me being sent there and she keeps in contact with moms who had kids in my peer class there and many of them agree that carlbrook did not really help their kids or prepare them.   Carlbrook is way too much of a controlled environment and could never prepare the kids there for experiences they will face in the real life.  I just found it very hypocritical and contradicting and I hated the way the older kids who had sold out to the system called out other kids and exerted this fake authority that the school gave them to further gain their trust.  It was a system of manipulation through obidience of their rules.
It seems to me parents are given half-truths about the school during their visits and in talks beforing enrolling.. I do  not think any parents realized what their kids would go through.  I have seen many of the posts from people who have been to Carlbrook, some when I was there, and are happy and grateful to have been there and can only find good things to say about it.  The different reactions and experiences of kids there are polar opposites- either they loved it and are grateful for it or they hated it and felt like they were trying to be brainwashed or controlled.  I think that if you got a lot out of it and are happy with yourt experience, then thats great but I think many people were dissatisfied, to put it lightly, with their time there.
To parents who are thinking of sending their kids away: Think about being woken up by two huge, strange dudes at 4 in the morning and being taken to the airport with no idea of where you are going. Then all of a sudden you are in the woods being stripped searched and then sent out into the woods for an X amount of weeks before you are shipped off to this boarding school for 15-20 more months.  Limited contact with parents and I couldnt ever talk to my friends or send them letters because my advisor would not let me.  They train the parents with what to say, telling them that their kid will just try to manipulate their way out of the school and that everyone deserves to be there.  They always made us feel like we had to be there or else we would end up dead or even more fucked up than we already were.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »
In addition to my previous post, let me make somethings clear.  The lessons they teach about love and how that is what is most important in the world and how much power love has, those lessons are very powerful and true.  Love really is the missing thing that this world needs to come together.  I also found "there is only now" and "friends are the family you get to choose" to be great tools for life and something i did find relevant.  But the thing about Carlbrook is those great messages are lost among the bullshit that they spit to you in groups and other settings and the stupid control they try to hold over all the kids there and the unnecessary humiliation and extremes that they go to.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2009, 07:48:30 AM »
So this 'school' is designed to model exactly what for the kids?  How to get drunk and drive?  Or philander?  Or both??  Typical shit from these holier-than-thou, power-tripping assholes.  I'd like to get Grant Price in the ring for just one 3 minute round.  I'd make him sorry for everything he's ever done in the first 30 seconds and I'd take my time for the rest of the round just battering this idiot until his head is about to come off.  Let me know when you're ready, Grant.  I'm ready right now.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Charly

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
Godfather- My kid was there when you were as was his good friend, both of whom were at our house the other night talking at length about CB.  While they agree that Grant is an asshole, both think he's extremely smart.  Their memories are not all bad.  For some reason the friendships that are formed at CB are very strong and lasting.  Both of these guys are doing very well and appear to not have been affected in the same way by CB as the previous posters.  They are still in touch with Gurney and Somers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 06:20:08 PM »
Did your son witness physical abuse, sexual abuse or emotional abuse?  Please be honest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2009, 07:18:12 PM »
Jonah,

Really did you go to Carlbrook?????  My guess is NO!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2009, 08:32:09 PM »
hey everyone again.
I just wanted to put this comment on here for advice for parents. If your child is there right now over the summer, pull them now! If you do it now, then their academics will not be messed up for next year. However, make sure that they finish the rest of the term because if someone doesn't finish the term, they won't get the credit. This term that they are in right now ends in mid-August, I believe around August 12th, 2009. Don't tell the advisor that you are doing this because they will take it out on your son or daughter, trust me! In addition, if you ask your child whether they want to leave and they respond saying no, please understand these conditions before assuming something. 1. Phone calls are monitored so saying you want to leave will easily have you thrown into suspension. 2. If you manage to ask your child on a visit, most students are too intimidated to break any rules which would be saying that you want to go home. 3. Just like their advisor probably told you to be careful with your son or daughter so they won't manipulate you, Carlbrook in the meantime has spent their time meanipulating your child. For example, I was almost positive I wanted to stay until a week before I left because I "thought" I needed it to survive. In addition, the people at Carlbrook are very conditional people and will easily go behind your back if you don't watch them. Do not trust them. In this process, you will most likely have to deal with Gillan. Don't trust him.

If you are still not sure whether your child needs to be there or not, I will tell you this. No one needs to be in an environment such as Carlbrook for as long as they designed stay. In fact, other programs such as residential treatment centers (rtc's) which actually supposed to be a step up usually never keeps a person longer than a year. What your child needs is to be home with those that love and care about him/her. If they have been at carlbrook for longer than a month, then they probably assume that they probably have been manipulated to think that their family hates them, will abandon them if they decide not to stay at carlbrook, and will cease all communications with them. If any of those apply to your situation, please consider changing your rationale. Parents need to always be there for their child, showing them love, not using child laws to subdue their child to months and months of ardous mental torture by these disgusting institutions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON HAD ONE BAD EXPERIENCE AT THIS GREAT PLACE DOESNT MEAN THAT IT IS A HELL HOLE AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED.  THIS IS BY FAR THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE AND IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS HELP THEN YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT TO DEPRIVE THEM OF THIS.  IT WILL SAVE PEOPLE'S LIVES.  I HAVE WITNESSED IT.  I HAVE MY BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS FROM THIS PLACE.  

IN ADDITION YOU HAVE TO BE A FUCKING GENIUS TO ATTEND.  INTELLIGENCE AVERAGE AT CARLBROOK IS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF.  ALSO IF IT IS SUCH A HELL HOLE THEN WHY DID 80 MY 18 YEAR OLD OR OLDER FRIENDS NOT WALK AWAY WHEN THEY HAD THE CHANCE?

FUCK ALL OF YOU FOR INSULTING THE PEOPLE WHO CARE THE MOST ABOUT THIS WORLD AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What about a dose of reality here?
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2009, 10:39:54 PM »
Quote from: "guest 123"
JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON HAD ONE BAD EXPERIENCE AT THIS GREAT PLACE DOESNT MEAN THAT IT IS A HELL HOLE AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED.  THIS IS BY FAR THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE AND IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS HELP THEN YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT TO DEPRIVE THEM OF THIS.  IT WILL SAVE PEOPLE'S LIVES.  I HAVE WITNESSED IT.  I HAVE MY BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS FROM THIS PLACE.
Well, bully for you. Let's see how you feel about it after being out in the real world for a bit. It seems to have done very little about "saving" some other people's lives, quite the opposite, in fact.

IN ADDITION YOU HAVE TO BE A FUCKING GENIUS TO ATTEND.  INTELLIGENCE AVERAGE AT CARLBROOK IS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF.  ALSO IF IT IS SUCH A HELL HOLE THEN WHY DID 80 MY 18 YEAR OLD OR OLDER FRIENDS NOT WALK AWAY WHEN THEY HAD THE CHANCE?
Don't mean to insult you here, but your level of intelligence does not threaten me in the least bit. And intelligence, btw, doesn't necessarily inoculate one against brainwashing, as you should know...

FUCK ALL OF YOU FOR INSULTING THE PEOPLE WHO CARE THE MOST ABOUT THIS WORLD AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.
Just how would you know that? That they "care the most about this world and the people in it?" What gives you the right or ability to even make that judgment?

Thanks, but if you are an example of a successful Carlton graduate, I think I'd take my chances just about anywhere else if I could do it all again.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:33 AM »

Still looking for Gia?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: What about a dose of reality here?
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
Thank you so much. When I heard this person's response, I began to worry because it is obvious that this person has either recently graduated from carlbrook, is a parent pretending to be a child, or even a carlbrook employee pretending to be a child. The person's unstable state of mind is further proved as they write entirely in capital lettters, possibly to indicate anger towards this forum. Well, I must inform you that what we are doing is completely protected under freedom of speech and we have just as much the right to discuss the facts about carlbrook than you do to spread superficial lies about it. In addition, if you did need help, then I am glad that you received what you needed. However, you must understand that this type of intervention is not only unsuccessfuly in most cases, but actually aggrevates one's mental problems.Therefore, instead of calling us "a fucking idiot," why don't you apply this feedback that we are giving to you just like carlbrook taught you to. But I forgot, why would you believe me because i am not your advisor, in student life, or on the board?

Quote from: "Guest"
Well, bully for you. Let's see how you feel about it after being out in the real world for a bit. It seems to have done very little about "saving" some other people's lives, quite the opposite, in fact.

Don't mean to insult you here, but your level of intelligence does not threaten me in the least bit. And intelligence, btw, doesn't necessarily inoculate one against brainwashing, as you should know...

Just how would you know that? That they "care the most about this world and the people in it?" What gives you the right or ability to even make that judgment?

Thanks, but if you are an example of a successful Carlton graduate, I think I'd take my chances just about anywhere else if I could do it all again.