Author Topic: What about "Carlbrook School"?  (Read 90659 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: What about
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2009, 04:39:27 AM »
I have no idea who he is.

He's referencing stuff from the summit.

Carlbrook is a cedu clone, I was in cedu, there you go.

And yes, his email is from a college. jeez, people. paranoid fuckers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CarlbrookDad

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2009, 05:34:18 AM »
Quote from: "Worried"
We are considering enrolling a child at Carlbrook.  I would love to hear from some people who were there is the last 1 or 2 years.  All the hugging and touching makes me very nervous and has a very cult-like feel.  Also, I am not sure any of their tactics will prepare the students for "real-life", in the real world life does NOT revolve around you and your problems and the day cannot stop for you to talk about your issues with others.
Feel free to email me with your questions.
carlbrookdad[AT]yahooDOTcom

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »
Don't believe anything Jim has to say. This man sent our child to a program without my knowledge and I am in a legal battle with him to prevent our other child from being sent there as well. Jim, why did you cheat on me with my sister? I hate you!

Offline CarlbrookDad

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 05:55:55 AM »
Quote from: "CarlbrookMom"
Don't believe anything Jim has to say. This man sent our child to a program without my knowledge and I am in a legal battle with him to prevent our other child from being sent there as well. Jim, why did you cheat on me with my sister? I hate you!

I hope you don't think I'm Jim. I have no idea who you are.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »
Casey, the only reason you're so passionately (and maybe unhealthily) attached to Carlbrook is because it was the only place you ever felt important. You were no one before Carlbrook, ignored, unnoticed, and Carlbrook refuses to allow any student to shrink into the shadows.

So good for you. Carlbrook made you feel important. However, it also made you kind of a bully and a self-righteous, melodramatic and quite dependent on Carlbrook.

While I think that everyone has the right to feel however they feel about their own experiences, either extreme is bad. You're brainwashed and pathetically clingy towards Carlbrook. Others hate everything about Carlbrook and let it taint their lives today. Personally, I see both sides. I appreciate how Carlbrook helped me make friends but I also recognize how manipulative and fucked-up portions of it were.

Things don't have to be so black and white, Casey. I feel like you're afraid to criticize Carlbrook or see any of the negative aspects of it because if Carlbrook isn't perfect, then it's not true, and if it's not true, then you're still that pitiful, unliked loser you were at home. You can separate yourself from Carlbrook. You're too attached in my opinion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2009, 12:58:03 PM »
Jim, why did you cheat on me with my sister? I hate you!

ahahaha wtf is this private drama doing on this thread

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2009, 12:59:52 PM »
Quote from: "guesttt"
Casey, the only reason you're so passionately (and maybe unhealthily) attached to Carlbrook is because it was the only place you ever felt important. You were no one before Carlbrook, ignored, unnoticed, and Carlbrook refuses to allow any student to shrink into the shadows.

So good for you. Carlbrook made you feel important. However, it also made you kind of a bully and a self-righteous, melodramatic and quite dependent on Carlbrook.

While I think that everyone has the right to feel however they feel about their own experiences, either extreme is bad. You're brainwashed and pathetically clingy towards Carlbrook. Others hate everything about Carlbrook and let it taint their lives today. Personally, I see both sides. I appreciate how Carlbrook helped me make friends but I also recognize how manipulative and fucked-up portions of it were.

Things don't have to be so black and white, Casey. I feel like you're afraid to criticize Carlbrook or see any of the negative aspects of it because if Carlbrook isn't perfect, then it's not true, and if it's not true, then you're still that pitiful, unliked loser you were at home. You can separate yourself from Carlbrook. You're too attached in my opinion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »
:bump:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
So I still have nightmares of being at carlbrook. Does anyone else still have these dreams?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
I apologize for the double post. I wasn't planning on sharing this with the forum, but hey why not! When I got home from Carlbrook, I didn't have any therapy for awhile. About five months later, I went back to a psychiatrist. This psychiatrist specifically was the man that reccomended Carlbrook and the woods to my guardian after only knowing stuff that my guardian told him. Well, he actually apologized to me. He told me that his advice was wrong and that it was definetly a horrible choice to send me into intense therapy, especially after never having had any therapy what's so ever before hand. At this point, I told him that I've been having nightmares of being at carlbrook every night since I got home. He reccomended me another therapist to see. At that point, I was already over 18 so I am doing this on my own free will. He told me that I have gone through a trauma that needs to be worked out.
"So I have to have therapy because of therapy?"
"Yes."
Apparently, when I was away, a lot of the things that were thrown at me, especially during my animus and even teneo were undeserved. My original thoughts when I was going through treatment at carlbrook was that this cannot be right. But under the circumstances of environmental manipulation, I coerced. I was put into suspension for not agreeing with carlbrook, and low in behold, I was right. When i walked out of my new therapist's office for the first time, we ended on him saying to me,
"You were punished for being depressed. You were treated like a criminal because you faced repetitive traumas in your life. They wouldn't let you grieve properly and because of this, I think you are right when you said you felt like you lost a connection with your dad while you were there. I'm not going to pressure you and I definetley will not punish you. There is no standard treatment for therapy so I will not make any attempt to treat you similarly to any of my other patients. I'm just thankful this experience has not scarred you enough to keep you away from therapy all together."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
Validation is so hugely important when seeking counsel for anything especially trauma. More so when hurt has been inflicted by and exacerbated by those who had been guised in the role of therapeutic practitioners. I’m very glad you have found that.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »
Hopefully with Validation comes peace of mind. Good luck and god bless.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »
Quote from: "Mr. Paperclip"
I apologize for the double post. I wasn't planning on sharing this with the forum, but hey why not! When I got home from Carlbrook, I didn't have any therapy for awhile. About five months later, I went back to a psychiatrist. This psychiatrist specifically was the man that reccomended Carlbrook and the woods to my guardian after only knowing stuff that my guardian told him. Well, he actually apologized to me. He told me that his advice was wrong and that it was definetly a horrible choice to send me into intense therapy, especially after never having had any therapy what's so ever before hand. At this point, I told him that I've been having nightmares of being at carlbrook every night since I got home. He reccomended me another therapist to see. At that point, I was already over 18 so I am doing this on my own free will. He told me that I have gone through a trauma that needs to be worked out.
"So I have to have therapy because of therapy?"
"Yes."
Apparently, when I was away, a lot of the things that were thrown at me, especially during my animus and even teneo were undeserved. My original thoughts when I was going through treatment at carlbrook was that this cannot be right. But under the circumstances of environmental manipulation, I coerced. I was put into suspension for not agreeing with carlbrook, and low in behold, I was right. When i walked out of my new therapist's office for the first time, we ended on him saying to me,
"You were punished for being depressed. You were treated like a criminal because you faced repetitive traumas in your life. They wouldn't let you grieve properly and because of this, I think you are right when you said you felt like you lost a connection with your dad while you were there. I'm not going to pressure you and I definetley will not punish you. There is no standard treatment for therapy so I will not make any attempt to treat you similarly to any of my other patients. I'm just thankful this experience has not scarred you enough to keep you away from therapy all together."

Please write down all the details of your imprisonment at Carlbrook - CEDU - Synanon.

It is important you do so before you being to forget them. They are vital if you ever wish to take legal action against Carlbrook, criminal or civil, and simply to create a record of the atrocities that go on at the abusive cult.

If you choose to do so, you can also provide your witness account to a group like heal, isac, or cafety.

They will post it on their site, using it to provide a voice for the teens carlbrook destroyed, and, perhaps, to initiate actions to punish its evildoers, and prevent them from continuing to victimize with impunity.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Actual Carlbrook student
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
Quote from: "Gest"
I went to carlbrook August 19, 2005-March 1, 2006

a little backround:
I am a former cocaine, xtc, painkiller, benzo, meth addict who was way out of line at home and stealing and arrested for assault and battery. I asked my parents for help and this is what they did:
1. sent me to a residentail treatment center for one month (Hazelden in Minisota)
2. dirrectly sent me to a wilderness program for 7weeks (second nature Utah)
3. dirrectly sent to Carlbrook school in Virginia

My experience at Carlbrook was double sided.
The acedemics there were great and i enjoyed the classes very much.

The "therapy" however was terrible. The owner of the school is border line insane.

i would describe my experience there as abusive un unhelpful.
I would go into specifics but I would go on for pages.
If anyone has any specific questions regarding Carlbrook School feel free to ask me: [email protected]

Did Hazelden recomending "placing" you in Carlbrook? :jawdrop:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2009, 05:26:16 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Please write down...victimize with impunity.

If you check my prior posts on this forum (I've been posting since Page 5), you can get a better idea of my background. I apologize for not wanting to repeat it all. I also have already recorded all that I need to. I don't plan on contacting any of those organizations at this time however. Right now, I'm too busy with school work and other stuff, but I'm still intending to take further action in the future. I do plan of course to make sure I engage civilly when the time comes. I’ve learned over time that grouping myself with an organization will diminish my argument or at least limit me in some way or another. These troubled teen institutions already treat everyone the same, giving a generic course of action for individual’s therapy. This is one of my key points which can prove the inefficiency of this industry. It seems silly therefore to group myself with others just like the oppressors did once before.