Author Topic: anonymous posting  (Read 1574 times)

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
anonymous posting
« on: March 20, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
i'm really sick of seeing all of the mindless anonymous posts on here; as time goes on, they seem to take up a larger amount of space while the content matter depreciates inversely.  
i think if there weren't an anonymous posting option, there would be a less of this garbage because people wouldn't want to take the time to fill out a registration thing before posting ? and if they do, at least they were dedicated enough to jump through registration hoops to be seen.

ginger, is this even an option?
what do you guys think?

it's not really like having a pseudonym makes you any less anonymous anyway.
[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2005-03-20 20:58 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymous posting
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
i think making anonymous posts a non-option is a bad idea. though people make mindless posts they are valid points of view. i really don't like reading them either, so i read some of each of them and move on. when you outlaw a certain type of post, people including me will discontinue poasting here. some of the "mindless" posts will stop, though some of us will never register even though our truth is as valid as any other.

you really don't have to respond or validate certain posts, even if you disagree with the content.

as a sidenote some of the veiws you have expressed i have strongly disagreed with, i do respect your right to express them though, should your views be differentially expressed over someone who disdains registering here for a username. and why?

do you really care that people are being ripped on, why, doesn't that happen regularly? why is it any different if a name/face isn't attached i would think that would distance the statement even further from reality/credibility. why does it matter so much that mindless statements are being made, if you have that much of a problem with it maybe consider addressing what you consider to be the root problems, not the symptoms.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
anonymous posting
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »
the root of the problem?
bitterness and boredom.
since i cannot tend to the pathologies of every anonymous user in this forum, i don't really worry about such things...
i'm put off by this message board at this point because i come here and almost all i see are racist slurs, irrelevent insults, and random bullshit spued everywhere.
it's not about whether or not anonymous posts are reflecting valid viewpoints; i'm not picking at people's viewpoints on relevent matters ? i'm talking about the people who come here just to talk shit and be obnoxious.  posts that clearly have no purpose like this:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=11&2
it really sucks when it seems like every thread i look like has been turned to shit by one of those fucks.
aura solomon

Offline crazywife

• View Profile
anonymous posting
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »
my husband and i totally agree all his people have a bunch of shit to say and wont put their name because theyre a bunch of pussies.  The only people i understand not wanting to put their names are ex cedu staff because the system would probally fuck them over again by suing their asses.
HATE ALL THE FAKE PEOPLE YOU WENT THROUGH BCA YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymous posting
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »
Well when you refer to people as "those fucks" aren't you exhibiting a similar "bitterness and bordom" maybe anger is a feeling that we all have in  common and perhaps it is time to examine our own internal landscapes to come to terms with it, as riki ott has suggested in a recent article available at grist.org.

as for people talking shit go ahead, it only shows how ignorant and immature they are, lets just hope that these people don't vote. I have a feeling that they are to busy drinking alone and posting here to even know that they can.

as a sidenote a good sense of humor can take the bite out of any hateful post. be the change you want to see in the world and don't discredit yourself by using the same language you are offended by.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
anonymous posting
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »
oh, sugar, i never said lanuage offended me...
it's just annoying to have children splashing around in the middle of the pool while i'm trying to swim laps.
aura solomon