Author Topic: Looking for my sister....  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Looking for my sister....
« on: March 20, 2005, 02:19:00 AM »
I'm told that my sister went to VCA, but I'm also confused as to whether she actually went there as a "student" or whether she was a staff member or both.  Her name is Brenna Rockwell.  She probably doesn't even know about me, but I have the same father as she does.  He died 11/10/88 when I was 11 and Brenna was 4.  She's my half sister (as we have different mothers).  My name is Angela Rockwell and I have no affiliation with VCA--I'm just trying to find out if any one of you may know her or her whereabouts.  Our father denied the fact that I was his child, though I met his side of the family when I was 16 and they couldn't believe that they really had this relative all these years.  Anyway, if anyone knows her, I'm trying to get in touch with her and have been for many years, without any luck.  I have been through a very traumatic experience recently with my husband being killed just outside of his workplace almost 6 weeks ago and leaving me to raise our 2 wonderful children alone and fatherless.  It has made me realize that life really is too short and that the time we have here is precious.  I am so very glad that I have found out about places like VCA, because I now know that if I ever have any troubles with my children that I will just deal with them on my own--they need all the love that I, their loving mother, can give them.  And, I'm sure that the road ahead will be filled with challenges and rough times, but thanks to the facts, I will NEVER send my children away to any place, because of fear of the unknown--you just never know what may happen. When Joe died, I made him a promise that I would raise these babies to be the best that they can be and see to it that they never go without, because that is what we wanted for them.  I'm so sorry that any of you were ever sent to a place like VCA and for what happened at that (or those) places.  May God be with all of you and hopefully through Him you are able to find peace and comfort.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
Angela,

It may not hurt to try and contact VCA.  The same people work at VCA who worked at GBS, where your sister was.  Just explain that you are her sister, the last you heard she was at GBS, and do they have any contact information for her.

Their # is (850) 675-4097.

I wouldn't mention that you found out about them online.

Good luck!

Offline rebeccaramirez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
I am sorry for your loss.  I admire your strength during a very difficult time in your life.  Your kids are very lucky  to have a mother like you.  Good luck with finding your sister.  I will try to do what I can to help.  Rebecca (VCA survivor 1992)

Offline monique

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
I remember Brenna Rockwell.  She went there at some time I did.  Contact the school and they should give you more information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »
I do not mean to be negative, but if VCA is anything like Rebekah in Corpus you won't get much help from calling them.  They will not release information about her at all.  I was in Rebekah from 1977-1981.  I was a worker in 1981, that lasted about 3 months, I could not follow the insane treatment and gossip of all the girls, expecially the new incoming girls.  I remember they were scared and just needed comfort and friendship.  We were not allowed to be compassionate to anyone unless they new the ropes and followed the Camerons rules.  Basically if you were not in the in-crowd, your life was hell.  I am glad that part of my life is over, and wish all of you the best of luck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »
Angela, I went there the same time as Brenna, she left just before I did and then came back and worked there for a little bit. After she left the one in Florida she went and worked for the school in Baja, Mexico. This was atleast a good 3-4 years ago. I know that she is very good friends with a staff memeber there by the name of Charity Dore. Call them and ask for her. Just explain to her the story and give her your phone and ask her if she still keeps in contact with Brenna to forward your number to her. Hope this helps :)