Author Topic: There's NO ONE around???  (Read 8146 times)

Offline HOWBIZARRE

• View Profile
There's NO ONE around???
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »
My parents wouldn't have gone that route. Infact, when I turned 18 I stayed two weeks so I would finish the entire year. My parents and I were on very bad terms for a long time. I didn't get om agreeable terms until my 11th month basicaly. Me coming home early was simply not an option. They actually offered my a check for 500 dollars and a ticket to my sisters apartment if things with them didn't get better. You have to realize that I was sent there for being a domestice menace. If I called them and said everything's all good I can come home now, I'd probably hear a click and a dial tone. I kind of take offense to that comment. I feel bad about pretty much draining my parent's retirement fund. If things were that simple I wouldn't have done to Utah in the first place.

When I got to Utah, I was basicaly a halfway through my senior year according to Utah's credit system. I only needed a couple of credits to graduate. I had all my math, science and history from my junior, sophmore and freshmens years in regualr school.

CHeryl led group.

Yeah I had individual therapy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
There's NO ONE around???
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
How are things with your parents now?
What happened in that last month at Whitmore to turn things around between you and your parents, that is, if things got better.
Did Cheryl Sudweeks try to talk you into staying at Whitmore as a "counselor" or employee?
How did you "cover the fact" that you weren't really into Cheryl's group therapy sessions? From what kids post here, she seems to take those sessions really really seriously.

If you are doing well in college, and are happy, and have your life straight--your parents probably would not want you feeling guilty about any money they spent to help you. Parents are like that, you know?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
There's NO ONE around???
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
Do you have any on-going relationships with former students from Whitmore?

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
There's NO ONE around???
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »
Just want to say Thank You! to How Bizarre for providing a needed perspective to this discussion.

If you ask the Government for the right to assemble you deserve to be told no .

--Jim Lesczynski, Manhattan LP chair, on "unorganized" gathering @ Central Park

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
There's NO ONE around???
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
Yeah, me too. And I'd invite you to weigh in on the topic TO ALL PARENTS
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=35&23 if you're so inclined.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism--how passionately I hate them!
--Albert Einstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
There's NO ONE around???
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
All the parents who didn't get called, was it 80% according to Tori?  Maybe they can contact the ELITE group who are on the Parent chat forum and ASK THEM how their kids are doing down in Mexico with the Suds.
OR surely, the Suds provide all the parents with their cell phone numbers....start calling parents.