Author Topic: Terri Schiavo  (Read 8193 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
Oh please ... Terri was starved and dehydrated to death by order of a judge who, as it turns out, never even visited the person he executed. Guess he was too busy with his re-election campaign and or pleasing his constituents in good ole' Pinellas County, Florida.

:roll: "
[/quote]

GET A GRIP.  Do you know that this woman had no ability to swallow  - all of her brain function was gone. All that remained were invoulntary muscle movements.  Therefore SHE NEVER COULD HAVE CONTINUED TO LIVE EXCEPT FOR MEDICAL INTERVENTION.

And yes, I watched all of those 30 second films on the Terri's fight site.  How come the other hours of tape documenting the PVS aren't up there, too.  It's all agenda oriented.  

The crime wasn't removing the tube.  The crime was putting it in the first place.  If left on her own, this poor woman never would have lived.  It was cruel and unusual punishment to to keep her body alive.  

For a fresh and realistic perspective - check out the latest South Park episode dealing with God, the Devil, good and evil, death, life, feeding tubes, and courts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
Sigh ... Terri's death was never a pro-life issue for me but rather a constitutional one.

Perhaps in time we will see a sea-change in the way our courts trample over the constitutional rights of persons who find themselves at the mercy of activists dressed in black robes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
Does anyone think it's hypocritical that people are sending death threats to her husband?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »
Eric Rudolph had helpful fans after he hit a few abortion clinics? Any more hypocritical than that?

http://www.rickross.com/reference/rudolph/rudolph3.html

The time appears to me to have come when it is the duty of all to make their dissent from religion known.
--John Stuart Mill

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 08:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sigh ... Terri's death was never a pro-life issue for me but rather a constitutional one.

Perhaps in time we will see a sea-change in the way our courts trample over the constitutional rights of persons who find themselves at the mercy of activists dressed in black robes.

"

Lets not forget the activists  that want to starve a parents child,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »
enough with the pro choice shit already, what about responsibility??????????????????????????? jesus every time one of you fucks up we all have to pay. Be responsiible for your actions and do the right thing . Maybe some of you would have been better off the VICTIM of  abortion!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »
If you are on death row, you have the right to 3 hots and a cott!!!! and a billion repeals  more than any  featus or Terry Schiavo had!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
On 2005-04-14 20:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If you are on death row, you have the right to 3 hots and a cott!!!! and a billion repeals  more than any  featus or Terry Schiavo had!"

Stop it! You're making me cry!

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
June 17, 2005
In an attempt to gain 'closure,' Florida Governor Jeb Bush said Friday that a prosecutor has agreed to investigate why Terri Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago.
or those who don\'t understand my position, on all subjects:

* Understand the law and your rights.

* Make sure you have the freedom of choice.

* Seek and receive unbiased information and
know the source of information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
Biggest question I have; is no one wants the state or federal government participating in their private lives.  Better yet; in the teen help industry!

So, I ask; why would you want them making life and death decisions for us all of a sudden?

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »
Free Republic

THE SCHIAVO MATTER
Neal Boortz ^ | June 16, 2005 | Neal Boortz

Posted on 06/18/2005 1:02:30 AM PDT by Former Military Chick

Correct me if I'm wrong .. but when the Terri Schiavo matter was consuming front pages and broadcast news, wasn't the issue whether or not she was reacting to her parents and watching that balloon floating around her room? She should not be allowed to die, people said, because with rehab she would improve and then her family could take her to malls and birthday parties and such.

Well, the autopsy results are in. [full autopsy pdf] There was no way that Terri Schiavo could benefit in any way from rehabilitation therapy. What's more, she had no cognitive abilities. In this context the finding means that Terri could not engage in any conscious intellectual activity. She could not participate in or understand conversations. She could not communicate. She never did try to say "I want to live." She had no awareness or understanding of the state she was in, or of the controversy surrounding her. She could not see, so that rules out those stories of her watching that Mickey Mouse balloon floating around her room. It's safe to say that she was not aware of her own existence on any conscious level.

And what about those beatings that we were all-but assured that Michael Schiavo delivered to Terri Schiavo? A few months ago we were being told that Terri had been strangled by her husband. The autopsy showed no indication whatsoever of any abuse or neglect. We were being told that she had multiple broken bones ... a sure sign that she had been abused, possibly beaten. The autopsy showed no broken bones. The language of the autopsy is clear ... "no fractures."

So ... where did that leave those who were fighting so hard to keep the life form that used to be Terri Schiavo alive? Judging from the coverage of yesterday's events, they have nothing to dwell on now except for the question of how she got into this tragic state in the first place. There must be some way to continue the demonization of Michael Schiavo ... so let's concentrate on what happened to Terri Schiavo in 1990. The autopsy says that she didn't have a heart attack. The autopsy also says that there was no evidence of bulimia. I've heard some commentators say "We now know that it wasn't bulimia." Sorry, that's incorrect. We don't know that. We just know that there was no evidence of bulimia. But we are left with the question of just what happened to cause Terri's collapse. Since the autopsy couldn't tell us, the new story line must be that it was somehow Michael's fault. Terri Schiavo's brother was calling for more questioning of Michael Schiavo yesterday. We at the Boortz show were getting emails saying that the autopsy "proved" that Michael abused Terri. Amazing.

Look .. I understand the emotionalism behind this. I understand that tens of thousands of Americans who have invested themselves so heavily in the anti-choice movement placed the cause of Terri Schiavo at the center of their universe. I also understand that thousands more truly believed that Terri was communicating with her parents and watching balloons float around. They earnestly felt that with rehab treatment Terri would soon return to some semblance of a normal life. They were sure that Terri was aware that the courts were considering whether or not to remove her feeding tube, and somewhere inside she was pleading to be allowed to live. It's tough to admit that you were wrong. Been there many times. You believe something so strongly, only to find out that you were profoundly mistaken. You find out that Terri Schiavo's brain was reduced to half its normal size. She had no cognitive abilities. She was not aware of her own existence. She didn't even know she was alive, and therefore couldn't know that death was a possibility. She wasn't there. All that was left was the remains of the body that once had been Terri Schiavo .. clinging to the last threads of life.

I cannot relate to those who wanted to use artificial means to prolong the life functions of this otherwise useless body for decades more, but I can understand their dedication to life. Yesterday on the show we heard from some people who, in light of the autopsy findings, have changed their minds. They now understand that allowing her body to continue the process of dying was the humane and right thing to do. Others are not emotionally strong enough to accept this reality, and they'll now focus their efforts on Michael Schiavo. They'll now concentrate on trying to prove that he was abusive, though there is no evidence to support that claim.
More posts follow at:
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1425527/posts

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
Free Republic

Excerpts from Terri Schiavo Autopsy Report
Medical Examiner, Pasco and Pinellas Counties ^ | June 13, 2005 | Medical Examiner, Pasco and Pinellas Counties

Posted on 06/17/2005 11:56:16 PM PDT by eartotheground

Autopsy highlights: (my comments in parentheses)

T11 endplate fracture (?correllates with bone scan)

Renal scar (right)

Heart normal (no evidence of "heart attack")

"Manner of death: Undetermined"

Dr. Stephen Nelson, Neuropathologist, in a report contained within the autopsy report: "The persistent vegetative state and minimally conscious state are clinical diagnoses, not pathologic ones. The neurophysiologic findings of the persistent vegetative state have been well described in the medical literature ... yet there are no similarly published neurophysiologic descriptions specific to the minimally conscious state".

"In diffuse axonal injury this abnormality is usually due to a shearing injury after acute trauma".

"Neurophysiologic examination alone of the decedent's brain - or any brain for that matter - cannot prove or disprove a diagnosis of persistent vegetative state or minimally conscious state".

From the remainder of the report by Dr. Thogmartin:

"Mrs. Schiavo's potassium level... measured after a period of ventricular fibrillation, epinephrine, and fluid administration was an unreliable measure of her pre-arrest potassium level. Thus, the main piece of evidence supporting a diagnosis of Bulimia Nervosa is suspect or, at least, can be explained by her clinical condition at the time of the blood draw. Although in the malpractice proceedings the low protein values were suggested as indicators of malnutrition, this is unlikely and not generally characteristic of Bulimia Nervosa."

"Autopsy examination of her neck structures 15 years after her initial collapse did not detect any signs of remote trauma, but, with such a delay, the exam was unlikely to show any residual neck findings. Even bony anomalies would have likely resolved." (or suffocated, n.b.)

"What was the cause and manner of death? Mrs. Schiavo suffered a severe anoxic brain injury. The cause of which cannot be determined with reasonable medical certainty. The manner of death will therefore be certified as undetermined".

More comments follow at:
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1425515/posts

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »