Author Topic: Terri Schiavo  (Read 8206 times)

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 07:32:00, Carmel wrote:

"Has anyone read about how her parents have now sold off the list of fund donors?  Sold it off to several different groups, including right-to-lifers and Christian convervatives?

Sold it off so that these whack-os so they can spam everyone who sent support to the Schiavo cause.  Talk about sick.

I'll tell you what....as I am sure some people on this board do as well, I know a thing or two about losing a child.  I lost my 5 year old daughter in a car accident not two years ago.  

Now, she didnt starve to death, peacefully, in her sleep....no, there were no loving arms to hold my baby when she passed on, in fact there was nothing but the sandy ground and the hot sun.  She was thrown from the vehicle, and it was at least 30 minutes before she was found.  Still not dead, but unable to communicate...she was taken in an ambulance and pronounced dead on arrival.

It makes me FURIOUS. Positively FURIOUS, that Terri's parents drug this out and out in order to avoid the grief process.  Its sick.  It ceased to be about Terri's survival, and more about their fear of loss.  NO ONE in this world is truly entitled to ANYTHING.  Bad things happen to good people every day, and all there is to do is go on being the best that you can be.  

I applaud her husbands strength, and  despise her parents weakness.  I feel that when those we love are gone from this earth, it is imperative that we maintain  an honorable, strong path forward without them...so that we may make them proud in ALL our endevours, wherever they may be.  I feel not one ounce of sympathy for those people who fear death as if it were not part of life.  

Just my thoughts.[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-04-05 07:33 ]"

Applaude her husbands strenght? WHAT did he have to gain from starving her to death ? he had moved on with his life. He is the one that drug this out, all he had to do was give the parents back their right to care for their daughter. We would never smoke some low life criminal in the electric chair until all evidence was in of their guilt (well usually) or until all appeals weere exhausted. But in this case they began starving her befor all appeals were exhausted, there never was a living will only his word. All he had to do was giver her to her parents and walk away, instead he starved her. Let me keep food and water from you until you die and then you tell me how peaceful it is give me a break. Just my opinion, I am sorry for your loss as a parent I cannot begin to imagine going through that
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
On 2005-04-01 20:59:00, Deborah wrote:

"

What is obscene about euthanasia?

This country doesn't even starve to death its murders on death row. They die fairly quickly (most of the time) from lethal injection. Why make her family watch her slowly dehydrate to the point her tongue splits open? I think we have some sadists making policies in this country, confusing and contradictory policies to boot. "

Hey Deb Starvation is NOT euthanasia
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
Pay attention... I didn't say it was.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 10:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Pay attention... I didn't say it was."

Sorry my bad don't let it get your blood pressure up
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 10:13:00, thepatriot wrote:

"

On 2005-04-05 07:32:00, Carmel wrote:

"Has anyone read about how her parents have now sold off the list of fund donors?  Sold it off to several different groups, including right-to-lifers and Christian convervatives?

Sold it off so that these whack-os so they can spam everyone who sent support to the Schiavo cause.  Talk about sick.

I'll tell you what....as I am sure some people on this board do as well, I know a thing or two about losing a child.  I lost my 5 year old daughter in a car accident not two years ago.  

Now, she didnt starve to death, peacefully, in her sleep....no, there were no loving arms to hold my baby when she passed on, in fact there was nothing but the sandy ground and the hot sun.  She was thrown from the vehicle, and it was at least 30 minutes before she was found.  Still not dead, but unable to communicate...she was taken in an ambulance and pronounced dead on arrival.

It makes me FURIOUS. Positively FURIOUS, that Terri's parents drug this out and out in order to avoid the grief process.  Its sick.  It ceased to be about Terri's survival, and more about their fear of loss.  NO ONE in this world is truly entitled to ANYTHING.  Bad things happen to good people every day, and all there is to do is go on being the best that you can be.  

I applaud her husbands strength, and  despise her parents weakness.  I feel that when those we love are gone from this earth, it is imperative that we maintain  an honorable, strong path forward without them...so that we may make them proud in ALL our endevours, wherever they may be.  I feel not one ounce of sympathy for those people who fear death as if it were not part of life.  

Just my thoughts.[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-04-05 07:33 ]"

Applaude her husbands strenght? WHAT did he have to gain from starving her to death ? he had moved on with his life. He is the one that drug this out, all he had to do was give the parents back their right to care for their daughter. We would never smoke some low life criminal in the electric chair until all evidence was in of their guilt (well usually) or until all appeals weere exhausted. But in this case they began starving her befor all appeals were exhausted, there never was a living will only his word. All he had to do was giver her to her parents and walk away, instead he starved her. Let me keep food and water from you until you die and then you tell me how peaceful it is give me a break. Just my opinion, I am sorry for your loss as a parent I cannot begin to imagine going through that"

Technically, she began starving herself.  But we wont get into that.

All I am trying to say is that up to the time of her death, it had clearly ceased to be an issue about what was right for Terri, and had become an issue of what was right for the caretakers, namely her parents and their subsequent 15 minutes of fame.  Her parents were cowardly in demanding that she be on support when her condition was clearly irrevocable.  In my view, what they did would be the equivalent of me allowing my daughter to stay in the same condition she was in,out there in the field, for 15 years.  I find it selfish on their part to keep her hanging on, simply to shirk accountability both emotionally and "morally".

Her husband was admirable in that he maintained a respect for the idea that Terri would not wish for such a low quality of life, and he was willing to label himself a pariah for it as well as suffer the final loss.  To me, THATS love.  Its ridiculous to ask what he gained in "starving her to death" that isnt even the issue.  Why do her parents feel they need to auction off her legacy to a bunch of bloodsucking spammers?    

I never disputed that the manner of her demise wasnt cruel or painful or whatever, death seldom avoids either of these.  But I will let you in on a little secret....EVERYONE dies eventually, and I am willing to bet that in the greater majority of deaths, the end is no where near so comfortable...relatively speaking.

I know this is hardly comparable...but my sister in law refuses to allow the family dog to be put to sleep.  He is so very old and sick that he can hardly walk, he cries all day and night from the arthritic pain, he vomits, he has lost his hair. Euthanasia would be a welcome relief for the poor creature right now, the vet has even said so.....but she just CANT bring herself to the idea of letting go of her dog.  So on he goes, living in a canine hell of pain, just so she can feel better.  In the end, she doesnt really love her dog, she has only fear of the idea of loss.  I find that repulsively weak.  So it is with Terri's debacle.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »
After her collapse, hubby become an ER nurse so he could care for her. He also had her examined by the best. No hope. He eventually gave up. Parents didn't.
Those videos you saw of her appearing to be responsive were just that. A small snipet out of hours and hours of footage. Saw a documentary on this. I think hubby made the right choice given ALL the expert opinion provided. Myself, I might have given her back to her parents, unless I felt certain that is not what she would've wanted. Until proven otherwise, that appears to be the case.
The real issue here might be that they didn't want him inheriting her trust fund, which I believe he rescinded.
Moral of the story... have a living will, or your spouse/family will be making the decisions for you and/or killing each other in the process.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
Terri Shindler-Schiavo was denied proper treatment and care while her husband held her hostage for years.  

Hope Michael is happy now.  Terri is dead and he and his attorney can now profit further from her state-sanctioned murder vis a vis book and movie deals.

http://www.terrisfight.org

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 11:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

After her collapse, hubby become an ER nurse so he could care for her. He also had her examined by the best. No hope. He eventually gave up. Parents didn't.

Those videos you saw of her appearing to be responsive were just that. A small snipet out of hours and hours of footage. Saw a documentary on this. I think hubby made the right choice given ALL the expert opinion provided. Myself, I might have given her back to her parents, unless I felt certain that is not what she would've wanted. Until proven otherwise, that appears to be the case.

The real issue here might be that they didn't want him inheriting her trust fund, which I believe he rescinded.

Moral of the story... have a living will, or your spouse/family will be making the decisions for you and/or killing each other in the process."

Michael Schiavo never relinquished control of Terri's fate by divorcing her and/or agreeing to let her parents assume all responsibility for her care and treatment.  Take a look at the trust fund expenditures.  Interesting how much money he paid his lawyers from money intended for Terri's care and treatment.

And to think some people believe Michael Schiavo is a hero ...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 12:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

Michael Schiavo never relinquished control of Terri's fate by divorcing her and/or agreeing to let her parents assume all responsibility for her care and treatment.

Why should he?  He's doing what SHE wanted.

Take a look at the trust fund expenditures.  Interesting how much money he paid his lawyers from money intended for Terri's care and treatment.

You go back and take a look.  Trust funds are managed or monitored by the court.  Michael got approx. $300,000.00 for loss of spouse, roughly $750,000.00 went into a trust in which EVERY expenditure had to be court approved.

He is.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 12:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Terri Shindler-Schiavo was denied proper treatment and care while her husband held her hostage for years.  

Hope Michael is happy now.  Terri is dead and he and his attorney can now profit further from her state-sanctioned murder vis a vis book and movie deals.

"

Bearing this in mind....what think you of her parents selling off personal donor information for profit to spammers?  

She may have been a hostage...but how many more long years hostage would she have had to endure under her parents "care".  

I would also like to know, given the option of keeping her alive....how much more "peaceful" and humane do think her death would have been unassisted?  See, its all about people not wanting to take responsibility.  Let her rot away on her own so we dont have to feel guilty.  

Why is that her parents, being the good Christians and honorable citizens they claim to be (i.e. selling private donor information off to right-to-life groups), were not able to have faith in their own beleifs that there was something better for Terri to move on to after this life?  Where is their faith in salvation?  Or, facing death choices, is it harder to really trust that there is any salvation? Where is their true faith?  They have none...they only wanted to justify their own fear of loss.  If they believed so strongly, they would feel confident that their daughters soul would go on and they would meet again.  Isnt that supposed to be the very REASON for all this right-to-life bible beating crap anyway?  Walk the walk, I say.

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-04-05 13:12 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 12:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Terri Shindler-Schiavo was denied proper treatment and care while her husband held her hostage for years.  

Oh, you are so terribly misinformed.  Read this.  It's the guardian ad litem's report.  http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/WolfsonReport.pdf

Hope Michael is happy now.

I doubt very seriously that ANYone is happy at the moment.  But I hope Michael can now rest easy that he did indeed carry out his wife's wishes instead of taking the easy way out and giving her over to her parents.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
Let?s face it, either way it is a travesty the way the whole thing played out. We will never know WHAT Terri Wanted I think it was more what her husband wanted many of her close friends contradicted what her husband claimed we will never really know. But to think that starving and dehydrating somebody until their body fails is a peaceful way to go, I don?t know about that one. Years ago if her Michael has just given her over to her parents we could have all been spared the media and political spectacle this turned out to be. The whole thing just showed the spite this man had for his in laws; in the end he didn?t seem to give a shit about Terri other than pissing off her parents. He had a new life, kids etc he could have just let the whole thing go and let her parents deal with it. It turned out to be more of a power game for him more than anything. But to call him a HERO???? paleeze
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 14:10:00, thepatriot wrote:

"Let?s face it, either way it is a travesty the way the whole thing played out. We will never know WHAT Terri Wanted I think it was more what her husband wanted many of her close friends contradicted what her husband claimed we will never really know. But to think that starving and dehydrating somebody until their body fails is a peaceful way to go, I don?t know about that one. Years ago if her Michael has just given her over to her parents we could have all been spared the media and political spectacle this turned out to be. The whole thing just showed the spite this man had for his in laws; in the end he didn?t seem to give a shit about Terri other than pissing off her parents. He had a new life, kids etc he could have just let the whole thing go and let her parents deal with it. It turned out to be more of a power game for him more than anything. But to call him a HERO???? paleeze

"

Come on!  You guys act as if he went out a few weeks after this happened and knocked up some chick.  Did any of you actually READ the GAL report???  He )Michael) didn't want to believe that it was hopeless.  He flew her to CA for experimental treatments, refused  to accept what so many DRs were telling him, gave away claim to any "left-over" monies due after her passing, etc.  Do you guys understand that Michael and the Schindlers lived together for over FOUR YEARS working together to try and find her some kind of therapy that would bring at least some[/b] of "her" back???  It wasn't until after either  7 or 8 years (I can't remember off hand which) that he began proceedings to end life sustaining support.  And neglect?????  This woman never had a bedsore the entire time she was under his guardianship.  Do you have any idea how rare that is???  He was ZEALOUS in making sure she had the best care.  Overzealous in some cases.  The admin. staff didn't like him b/c he was so demanding about her care.

I reviewed my LW AND a DPOA (Durable Power of Attorney & everyone really does need BOTH now) and went over details with my husband knowing that he would have more strength to carry out what MY wishes actually are than my mother.  My mom knows me, but my husband most definitely knows me best!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 14:10:00, thepatriot wrote:

But to think that starving and dehydrating somebody until their body fails is a peaceful way to go, I don?t know about that one.

You're partially right.  Euthenasia would have been much more humane.  But, unfortunately, that's not legal.  But that's beside the point, she had NO CEREBRAL CORTEX!!!!  That big black space in the center of her brain was spinal GOO. http://codeblueblog.blogs.com/.shared/i ... _terri.png   She didn't feel anything...nothing....zip, nada, zilch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Terri Schiavo
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
On 2005-04-05 12:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-04-05 12:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

Michael Schiavo never relinquished control of Terri's fate by divorcing her and/or agreeing to let her parents assume all responsibility for her care and treatment.

Why should he?  He's doing what SHE wanted.

Take a look at the trust fund expenditures.  Interesting how much money he paid his lawyers from money intended for Terri's care and treatment.

You go back and take a look.  Trust funds are managed or monitored by the court.  Michael got approx. $300,000.00 for loss of spouse, roughly $750,000.00 went into a trust in which EVERY expenditure had to be court approved.

He is."

This was a court-ordered and sanctioned murder based on HEARSAY evidence only.

Michael Schiavo took the life of a defenseless woman by depriving her of food and water.

That's not a mercy killing, that's barbarism.