Author Topic: Misunderstood Again  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Misunderstood Again
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
To Everyone,
  I am not for nor against the program. I am for the fact that it helped me (in specific) out. The 6 levels description I gave out was that of my hand book. Then I went on to talk about the topic of human right vs. privelages. I was not intending to use it as a way to support what the program does. Please don't misunderstand me. I keep an open mind. I realize abuse is abundant amongst these programs. However, I also like to delve deeper into subject matters and human experience. I don't mean those little sessions to be offensive nor 100% excusing the programs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Misunderstood Again
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »
My reason for being here is to gain more knowledge and understanding for those who have been victimized. I will speak my point of view. I will not lie nor will I ever be 100% for or against the program.

Offline miseducated

• View Profile
Misunderstood Again
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
i think you are brave to come around even when people disagree with you a lot. :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Misunderstood Again
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
On 2005-03-18 06:58:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"My reason for being here is to gain more knowledge and understanding for those who have been victimized. I will speak my point of view. I will not lie nor will I ever be 100% for or against the program. "

I just don't know what to say.

While I admire you for standing up for your point of view, and I understand that you aren't "100% for...the program," I just can't help being appalled at what you can let go past without feeling the need to *say* you're specifically appalled by it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you.  I've been wrong before.  But I really am shocked that *anybody* could list that stuff without just *having* to add their own, "And *this* is horrible, and *this* is horrible, and *that* is horrible...."

I just can't get past that.  It shocks me too much.

Timoclea

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Misunderstood Again
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 01:05:00 AM »
Maybe I can shed a little light here. When I was first out of Straight I was caught like a leaf riding the spring run-off in the legal system. My parents were trying to get me ordered back into their custody from the state and the state was investigating Straight. They wanted testimony of abuse. I couldn't give them any. I wasn't lying, I wasn't covering for anyone. I simply didn't view what I had experienced and witnessed as having been abuse. I thought I deserved to get sat on for refusing to say what I knew they wanted me to say.

I knew that was pretty messed up, but at the same time, I knew that I could have avoided it if I had done as I was told. Actually, I thought I could, I believed it, but these days I'm inclined to think that I was just lucky for a number of reasons having nothing to do w/ my choices or behavior.

The only thing I knew for sure was that I was confused and conflicted and I needed desperately to go sort myself out. The HRS people helped me do that. I wish I could remember the name of my caseworker/lawyer because she understood that and really did represent my interests.

But this is far from demonstrating that the authorities must interpose to suppress these vices by commercial prohibitions, nor is it by any means evident that such intervention on the part of the government is really capable of suppressing them or that, even if this end could be attained, it might not therewith open up a Pandora's box of other dangers, no less mischievous than alcoholism and morphinism.
http://www.mises.org/liberal/ch1sec11.asp' target='_new'>Ludwig Von Mises

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Misunderstood Again
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 04:31:00 AM »
Timoclea,
  Dear me. I stated the facts. People will make their own judgements. I didn't feel a need to say my personal opinion. Someone asked a question and I answered it. Why make it into something bigger than it already is? I won't tell you what you want to hear unless I deem it necessary to. Now if I was asked "What are the 6 levels and how do you feel about them" I would've then put my opinion in.

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Misunderstood Again
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 04:32:00 AM »
People are free to ask my opinion any time. And they will get my opinion. If I'm not asked I may not always tell.