Author Topic: What happened  (Read 6045 times)

Offline jdcarlson

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
I was there I think....
arms flapping
chockers for lunch...
pall meadow .....
listening to jim morrison while I bagged
groceries at albertsons  the mall in
Pinellas park....
naw it was just a dreammm..........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline `

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
fight on my birthday once because i was cutting the apple pieces for the pie too small, or too big, I can't remember.

i call her up (obligatory occasional phone call) and she goes into extended descriptions of what she had to eat or else some health problem. YAAWNN.

i brought up that incident where i broke my foot and she made me sit and wait, and she said "you broke it because you were late for school again." mmm hmm. i sure learned my lesson.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 22:35:00, fka wrote:

"I still really don't understand, I really don't get what happened to me in Straight. I mean, what did they do to turn me into a Straightling. Did they do something that made me literally psychotic, or was I before and that made me extremely weak in there? Did previous abuse and neglect make it harder for me to see what was so wrong there? Has anyone else experienced paranoia to the extent that they would rather be homeless than live in an "exposed" place? I would like to figure this out because i seem consistently able to screw my life up and never get anywhere and also because i know this question is fairly central to everything i mean the way i have experienced my life and the way i conceive of myself. i mean, if i have a mental or emotional problem, or whatever, and you know, i think that feeling like you don't (or can't) exist is kind of a mental problem, then what happened, or was I always like this and Straight just made everything more painful. if someone reads my post and sees themself in them and the crashing and you found a way out of that it might help me."

i know what u mean, it's like our whole lives, from the time we are little kids we are socially conditioned(some might even call it brainwashed) to believe that America is the land of the free and the home of the brave.  We are constantly told how lucky we are to live in a country where individuals rights are protected by a constitution and yet in the end it was all lies, the whole thing is a set-up.  i know that, legally, costitutoinal rights don't kick in 'till the age of 18 but am i somehow less of a human being at the age of 16, if anything i am even more vulnerable at 16 than 18.  When my naive parents signed me into the straight program and then refused to see me when i immediately requested a withdrawal conference i was left w/no way in hell to defend myself, even my own parents abandoned me.  The betrayal by country and family was complete.  Everything i had been raised to trust and respect turned on me w/a coldness i had never imagined.  i was imprisoned w/out due process, i had no legal representation, i was never charged w/a crime(except later when i finally got so desperate that i stole a truck from where i had been working on 3rd phase, but that was 13 months after my intake, and so at that point i became court-ordered.  Even then when my probation officer came to the building to check on me and asked me privately if i was o.k., if i wanted out he could get me out, i was so paranoid, so sure it was a trick, a set-up to get me to reveal myself that i just told him i was fine.  in reality i was a wreck.)

After 23 months in straight i finally graduated.  For years afterward i remained extremely paranoid. i was homeless off and on for years.  At tmes i lived in my car.  i made slow and steady progress toward improving my situation just by perserverence.  Eventually i bought a brokendown shack in a flood plain for $500.  It was a small little place w/a roof that leaked everywhere but over my bed, no electric and no running water.  i used a woodstove for heat but the place was so drafty i was usually half frozen by dawn. i lived ther for about 5 years. It was real ROUGH. i was suicidal too.  i thought about suicide all the time.  The only thing that kept me alive was the love of my 5 year old daughter, who didn't live w/me, and knowing that she would need me around.  Somehow i'm still here on this ground. Praise jah.          
       3 years ago i inherited my grandmothers' house in New Castle, PA, where i presently live.  i still have alot of trouble dealing w/people(refer to my posting "the truth as i see it").  
       Straight was a gang rape.  It was a betrayal of the most intimate kind.  The very people and institutions who were supposed to protect us from harm delivered it upon us instead .  The U.S government is just an organization of criminals, and what i learned from straight is that if they want you they'll come and get you.  Yeah, i'm paranoid but i have good reason to be.  Ever read 1984 by George Orwell.  Dig it.                                                      
        i admire your courageous honesty and your passion.
        Who are the shins?  Do u work w/ the horses on the farm?  How do you feel about horse racing?  Did u catch the Kentucky derby today?
         "...send me dead flowers..."

-agana

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »
I dunno about everyone else but im so perinoid, I can not live in the same place for long and foil placed on the inside of my windows is great for all the people that try and look inside my home. My gaurd dog almost took down our neighbor.
My dream home is a house with an 8 ft brick wall around it with razor wire above it oh and when someone rings my door bell, a computerized voice comes on and tells me the hight, weight, sex, and hair color of the person.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
What happened
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
I never knew how lucky I was. I always thought I had it worse than most because my family got mired in this mindfuck when I was just 6 or 7 years old. But really that saved me a lot of trouble. That and having my dad around like an angry, leprichaun/mime; speaking and acting out subtle and not so subtle comentary on the whole thing. That's not to say that he never tasted the kool-aid. He did sometimes. But other times he spit it out and cursed it. That helped immensely and I doubt he even knew it.

See, by the time I landed on front row, none of this bullshit was a shock. I had had the luxury of taking my sweet time, too young to be the focus of it, watching more or less from the sidelines and secretly, privately drawing my own conclusions. It all sucked. And I didn't quite understand it all.

But none of it was a shock, except for two things that both came much later. First, when I found out how many of the big name, celebrity drug warriors have direct ties to The Seed, Straight and DFAF that set me back on my ear for a good long while. I had, by then (around `99 or so) come to terms and made peace w/ the idea that I was a touch paranoid, but the rest of the world was more-or-less ok. I often think I liked it better that way. Just how deep does this rabit hole go, anyway?

So next I started trying to contact other Program ppl. And I gradually discovered how many of them were so damaged by the whole thing and how much we all have in common. I didn't know what I was watching and what I took part in.  

Again, I liked it better when it was just me. I can handle it. I can make the best of it. The world my kids inherit was still more-or-less OK, even if I wasn't exactly on top of my game wrt making my place in it. I'd just do my best to mitigate the damage done to me, try not to let it touch them and they'll improve on my work.

But this way, the way it really is, I owe a huge debt. If I had understood it just a little better back then, I would have played it differently. I thought everyone else either got brainwashed and it was their problem or, like me, just put up w/ the bullshit till they could make a break for it and let it all roll off.

So then I started looking for some way to make it all make sense. And I found it. It's simple, really. Brilliantly so. This problem of ours is no different from so many other times and places in history. The Nazis did it to their people (and I've since found out that the Büsh dynasty was very much involved in providing financial, political and material support to them at the time) The Holy Roman Catholic Church has a centuries long history of doing just about the same thing in Europe. The Shining Path cult in doing just about the same thing in So America; has been for some decades.

The simple truth is that the `50's never happened. The ideal "traditional" nuclear social/ecconomic unit was fiction. For thousands of years, people have lived, loved, fought and died despite all this fucked up shit. Some people know it and get along, others get along by studiously avoiding thinking about it. But, all in all, we get along.

Never mind how crazy you think you are. Just check out the lunatics around you! By comparison, you're probably quite sane.

They used to burn witches. Today we laugh at them. Today we jail people for marijuana. Tomorrow they'll laugh at us.

--Robert "Rosie" Rowbotham

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »
The reply posted 3 above here as anonymous is actually starry-eyed pirate, fomerly "agana".  i just wanted to take credit and /or responsibility for my words.

If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.