Author Topic: What happened  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Ya know the whole 'short term memory loss' thing.

..which is a typical side-effect of drug abuse..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
On 2005-03-18 12:10:00, Dr. Miller Newton wrote:

"
Ya know the whole 'short term memory loss' thing.

..which is a typical side-effect of drug abuse..
"

Give it up Newt!!  You've been exposed for the sham and freak that you are!  Man of god MY ASS!!!!! :rofl:   How's the health btw??  You looked really, really bad at the hearing!!!  Blood pressure must be skyhigh by how red you were!!!!:lol:   Hope its a slow and painful demise!!

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
-- Ben Franklin At the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
Just be sure you get the right individual. Last person tried to finger the ISP owner  for a rehab program drew back a bloody stump.

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »
Yes, I had a sister in Straight.  I was "invited" for  a "visit"
while I was in college. "The whole family needs to be involved and supportive"

I just happened to catch a news  story about Fred Collins.  "Lost"  my plane ticket. (the blessing of the short-term memory thing)

Also lost the support, financial and otherwise, of my family, for a few years. I managed on my own.

My sister was not so fortunate, she was terminated from Straight, diagnosed as schizophrenic, and now is maintained on medication and SSI, and stalled at a very unhappy 13.

If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs,
you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors,
shall all become wolves.  It seems to be the law of our general
nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
I'm glad for you but really sorry about your sister. It was bad enough for any of us, but for the ones who came in that had true psych problems.....I just can't even imagine. :cry:  

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
--Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline The Butcher

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
Hope its a slow and painful demise!!

Not if I can help it!! ::stab::  ::stab::  :grin:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
On 2005-03-18 10:38:00, JMA wrote:

"Sorry about your kids, Cayo Hueso.

I think for me my dad was a lot like the staff members at straight, always angry, and he never had anything positive to say. I think that I went into straight already feeling somewhat insecure and that was absolutely the last place I should have been sent. It took all of those insecurities and magnified them by 1000, and left ideas in my head that have taken me years to sort through. I think I understand what you're saying.  "

My dad was the exact same way...

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

On 2005-03-18 10:48:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

"Thanks, I got 'em back  :scared:

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
On 2005-03-18 14:07:00, Morli wrote:

"My dad was the exact same way... "

We still have trouble talking. I guess it's a sad fact that probably won't ever change.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
My mother and I don't speak at all. I tried last year and it ended in disaster.

I don't have parents, but that's really the way it's always been...

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
On 2005-03-19 16:14:00, Morli wrote:

"My mother and I don't speak at all. I tried last year and it ended in disaster.

I don't have parents, but that's really the way it's always been..."

I know how you feel  :sad: . I haven't spoken to my mother in probably almost a year and my father on rare occasions. I was like that after straight too and have gone through phases of wanting to be in touch with them, and then not being able to at all. Sometimes it's just too hard.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »
My mother, in the past year has been selfish and vindictive, while staying in total "Christian" denial about all of it. She thinks she is this supreme being that doesn't have to be accountable for the things she says and does. For example:

-- She withheld a gift she bought for me for on Christmas, and sent me an email telling me how she bought me something but didn't send it, because in her mind I didn't deserve it?

-- She sends inappropriate emails to my 13 year old daughter complaining about me.

-- She lies, she's manipulative, she's a control freak, she uses guilt as her weapon, and Christianity as immunity.

-- She asked me to send her a cat by crating it and putting it on a 14 hour bus ride to Dallas/Ft Worth. :roll:

-- She was calling me drunk and crying all the time until I told her never to call me again drunk. So she stopped calling until something terrible happened that she could cry to me about, or made something up.

I can clearly see now why she sent me away all those years. She can?t handle anything on her own, she?s like a child who has to be told what to do. But don?t tell her something she might not like hearing or she?ll get mad and throw sand, then pout in the corner on the sandbox.

I know that last year I may have mentioned that I was going through some "reconciliation process" with my mother, but a lot changed after she came up to visit me. I realized that there really was no room in my life for someone who makes me feel the way that I do when I'm in any sort of contact her. It sucks but that's the reality of it.

Offline `

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »
On 2005-03-22 06:52:00, Morli wrote:

"-- She withheld a gift she bought for me for on Christmas, and sent me an email telling me how she bought me something but didn't send it, because in her mind I didn't deserve it?

I can clearly see now why she sent me away all those years. She can?t handle anything on her own, she?s like a child who has to be told what to do. But don?t tell her something she might not like hearing or she?ll get mad and throw sand, then pout in the corner on the sandbox.

I know that last year I may have mentioned that I was going through some "reconciliation process" with my mother, but a lot changed after she came up to visit me. I realized that there really was no room in my life for someone who makes me feel the way that I do when I'm in any sort of contact her. It sucks but that's the reality of it."

thank you for the excellent description of my mother. :lol:

(sorry for laughing. it's a habit, me & my brother sometimes find the subject hilarious.)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
Sure, no problem. I like to help people! :grin:

My sister and I joke about it too, but now that she's approaching 65, it's just plain pathetic.

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

On 2005-03-22 06:52:00, Morli wrote:

"My mother, in the past year has been selfish and vindictive, while staying in total "Christian" denial about all of it. She thinks she is this supreme being that doesn't have to be accountable for the things she says and does. For example:

-- She withheld a gift she bought for me for on Christmas, and sent me an email telling me how she bought me something but didn't send it, because in her mind I didn't deserve it?

-- She sends inappropriate emails to my 13 year old daughter complaining about me.

-- She lies, she's manipulative, she's a control freak, she uses guilt as her weapon, and Christianity as immunity.

-- She asked me to send her a cat by crating it and putting it on a 14 hour bus ride to Dallas/Ft Worth. :smile: .
My mother did the same thing with one christmas present, except she whipped out my present like in September, gave it to me and explained that I might as well take it because she wouldn't be speaking to me anymore. I just took the present and ended up getting another one at Christmas, when of course she was in fact still speaking to me.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: