Author Topic: Records  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Records
« on: March 17, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Many people have posted both in the past and recently regarding records that were kept by STRAIGHT and legacy programs.  I was at on staff at a facility when it was closed and records were in fact destroyed after being kept for a requisite amount of time.  What was in a file?  Not much of interest aside from the treatment plan signed by your parents if you were under 18 years of age, medication sheets, food plans if you had an eating disorder, "back doors and stashes" were found in files (stashes such as letters, maybe a picture or two, etc.  of course nothing like "druggie" t shirts, posters, etc. were found in files), phase change info, progress reports, insurance information, and so on.  Most files were very administrative in nature, even totally boring.  There would be absolutley no reason for those files to continue to exist and if anyone did get a hold of one, you would likely be very disappointed with the findings.

By the way...save the "fuck you, former staff member" commentary.  I later copped the fuck out and made my mark against the program in a big way. :tup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Records
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
Did the files reflect the treatment approach taken, like confronting people day after day, isolating them, restraints, etc?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Records
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 11:29:00, JMA wrote:

"Did the files reflect the treatment approach taken, like confronting people day after day, isolating them, restraints, etc?"

"Rational emotive Therapy"

Offline `

• View Profile
Records
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 10:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"By the way...save the "fuck you, former staff member" commentary.  I later copped the fuck out and made my mark against the program in a big way. :tup: "

well alright then!  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Records
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 04:10:00 AM »
"fuck you, former staff member"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Records
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 11:29:00, JMA wrote:

"Did the files reflect the treatment approach taken, like confronting people day after day, isolating them, restraints, etc?"

No treatment approaches, techniques, nor specifics were in client files at the facility I was at.  There is a copyrighted document published called "Rap Therapy" that was pretty much the foundation of the approach used in my facility, of course using the Therapeutic Community model as modality for treatment. "Rap Therapy" just clarified specifics such as the fundamental purpose of basics rap, open meeting review, etc.  Clinical training manuals, etc. spoke more on what jma mentioned.

Again, client files were the epitome of boring.  In hindsight I find the following much more interesting:

a.) textbooks found on bookshelves in clinical offices (I remember on third phase seeing "On brainwashing and deprogramming" which freaked me out at the time.  This was the first time I asked myself...is this place a cult?  I have yet to be able to find the text on amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, etc.)

b.) state records of investigations.

c.) media reports such as newspaper articles, etc.

d.) program promotional literature as it is always chock full of bullshit regarding a program that placed so much emphasis on "honesty".

e.) board of directors/trustees/contributor information.

No problem on the anonymous "fuck you comment", I would say a big fat fuck you to many of those I used to work with on staff as well.  I'll take my licks as readily as I stuck it back to the fuckers I despise years ago.  

I was as cool of a bitch then as I am today.  Those that knew me both then and now agree.  People (not newcomers, oldcomers, nor graduates but PEOPLE) always came way before my committment to the machine.  This is one reason my tenure on staff didn't work out and I bailed for good to further my work AGAINST the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Records
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »
thanks ex-staff member, i appreciate this info. I was a staff trainee for brief time (right before I left/turned 18)...I can't remember shit about what I saw or did..a real blank. However, I do agree with the suspicion that if any of us ever made Straight a public discussion, some dirt from someone may hit the media...eg: I can't remember how much bogus crap I "confessed" to in order to gain a few bonus points with some staff etc..just the kind of crap FOX News likes, ya know?--especially if it involves a Bush buddy...
Just a wild thought--good to know there is probably not much out there
Thanks again--