Author Topic: the DFAF forum is up and running and can accept posts. . .  (Read 3378 times)

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
the DFAF forum is up and running and can accept posts. . .
« on: November 17, 2002, 07:01:00 PM »
It can be posted to now....have fun!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 07:46:00 PM »
Well you can post, but unlike here on this board, you cannot be anonymous if you like. And, they will decide what is "fit" to be posted on their board....Here are some of the posting rules:

"Forum Rules: This is an open forum and anyone may participate. Message content will be screened prior to posting. Please remember that all posts are viewable by anyone on the Internet, and may be indexed by global Internet search engines. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Drug Free America Foundation, Inc. with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). It is impossible for us to confirm the validity of information you provide to post. However, you agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, irrelevant, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law. We reserve the right to not post any user and/or user posts."

Ken
[ This Message was edited by: ramprato on 2002-11-17 16:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ramprato on 2002-11-17 16:47 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 08:39:00 PM »
cuz Betty, you can kiss my ass

Offline gagesteele

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/AmitySchool/
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 08:47:00 PM »
Just a bit of totally unsolicited advice from me:

Be careful over there and exercise extreme diplomacy.  I know, sounds flippin' ridiculous, huh?  Don't kill the messenger; I'm only speaking from experience gained as one of the first "kids" to post in such places as Bridge to Understanding.  It's reasonably likely that DFAF, too, will broadly ban disgruntled alumni and censor anything they perceive as even vaguely negative if they start receiving angry, anti-program posts.

In the end, you probably won't be able to get the truth about DFAF and its ilk posted over there, but if you're hyper-diplomatic, I'm sure you could pull off, at the very least, persuading some of curious/struggling parents and long lost alumni over here... Where free speech is embraced.  I'd shoot for that, personally.  Got a good chance at it.  Though I probably would _not_ publically post this forum's url (probably send that out via e-mail).

Good luck, you guys.  Go get 'em!  :smile:

Sara
Amity School Founding Class, 1988
ara

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 10:09:00 PM »
I agree Gagesteele...you can almost smell their paranoia when reading the 'Forum Rules.' Better for us to "fight from the inside" rather than to just be cut off entirely...

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
Well, I tried for about 10 minutes to fill in everything, they seem to have all the bases covered there. I am in there on probation right now, trying to be approved as an able poster. I think that the posters that are there now are the full of shit DFAF employees who are bored at their desks with nothin left to do anymore since all their money will confiscated one day and they don't have anywhere to hide anymore. No money, no work. Hmm. Hey, I just thought about something, NO DFAF! LOL>>>>>   MG8

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »
"Well, I tried for about 10 minutes to fill in everything, they seem to have all the bases covered there. I am in there on probation right now, trying to be approved as an able poster."  

Gee your on probation too? LMAO... I Wonder ~ should they decide to deny my application, what my rebuttal should be, maybe something like "well Jiminy Crickets guys, I thought I was an honorary member of the Seven Step Society in good standing"....whoops, oh that's right, I've already revoked my "successful graduate" status....... http://fornits.com/anonanon/revoke.htm ... Ah well ~ no great loss :smile:

Take care....Ken

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2002, 07:53:00 AM »
"Well, I tried for about 10 minutes to fill in everything, they seem to have all the bases covered there. I am in there on probation right now, trying to be approved as an able poster."  

Gee your on probation too? LMAO... I Wonder ~ should they decide to deny my application, what my rebuttal should be, maybe something like "well Jiminy Crickets guys, I thought I was an honorary member of the Seven Step Society in good standing"....whoops, oh that's right, I've already revoked my "successful graduate" status....... http://fornits.com/anonanon/revoke.htm ... Ah well ~ no great loss :smile:

Take care....Ken

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2002, 03:04:00 PM »

On 2002-11-17 16:01:00, kpickle39 wrote:

"It can be posted to now....have fun!!"

Just curious, has anyone made any posts to the DFAF board that have actually made it past the 'censors'?

[ This Message was edited by: SysAdmin on 2002-11-22 12:06 ]

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2002, 11:23:00 PM »
I found a post tonight that could be characterized as a challenge to dfaf to answer a question on hemp.  I must say they answered okay by me.
http://dfaf.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s= ... 9226011961

Bill

[ This Message was edited by: tampa survivor on 2002-11-22 20:24 ]
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 09:26:00 AM »
While I was surprised that such a post made it on there I was not entirely disappoint by the response, however if you read in between the lines, you will notice that first, DEA policy is quoted, and in only in the matter of products that are produced from hemp and not on hemp it self, or being able to grow/harvest such a plant.

Hemp does contain low levels of THC (which by DEA standards would be a controlled substance), however if you were to smoke it (yes it allows THC to enter the body), it would only take about a pound and a half to get you a slight buzz, with a large headache after about the first joint or two. I dont know if you ever smoked pot, but hemp would be like smokin seeds/stems of some really bad weed.

So in short, the response is that they support what ever the DEA tells them to, regardless of popular opinion or fact (as we all know the DEA uses facts that are either twisted slanted or gathered by semi-fraudulent means :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: SysAdmin on 2002-11-23 06:29 ]

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2002, 02:02:00 PM »
I really don't understand bridge to understanding at all.

On the one hand they have that great article (or at least the woman who wrote it linked there) detailing the teenhelp parent seminars in all their mindfucking details and on the other they seem to be about how wonderful the programs are. I have not been there for a while though, since I only give forums full failed parents one chance to make me sick to my stomach.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline gagesteele

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/AmitySchool/
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2002, 03:39:00 PM »
Hey FK,

I think BTU simply affords parents who've had kids in a program (more) credibility than alumni of a program.  Woodbury has similar leaning.

I told them (both) years ago that that sort of thinking was incredibly short-sighted and fostered extreme bias.  If they desired honesty and open discourse (as they've each said out of the _other_ sides of their mouths), they needed to deal with their tendency to patronize alumni.  I asked if they did, in fact, have a game-plan for the inevitable time when ex-kids were no longer scattered whispers of a few teens and twentysomethings, but the brassy cacophony of so many 30 and 40-year-olds.  Never received a response; not surprised.

Can't blame a girl for trying, though, right?

Sara
30-year-old Amity kid
ara

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 12:04:00 AM »
:flame: I am pissed now. Those communist bastards at DFAF actually rejected my post. What about the other ones I put in there? They made it, why cant this one? THOSE COMMUNIST BASTARDS ARE GUILTY!!!! Here's what I sent Thursday, plenty of time to get it posted...

"Well, Canada is its own country and if the government of the USA minds it own business, then it would be OK if they regulate their own people their way. When you make something illegal, then certain companies, agencies, departments, you name it, stand to make millions of dollars enforcing the law. It's a big money issue. I would love to buy laws that were tailored to my wishes. If I had the money and the power like these drug policy and law enforcement people have, then I could make all the laws I wanted! It seems to me like this may be what this country's government's agenda has become, a massive database of law making."  

Oh well, at least I got in a couple posts b4 the axe fell.  :skull:  

MG8

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2002, 04:17:00 AM »
:question:
Maybe I have no rights, let me know? If I am not allowed to say how I feel, how valid is this discussion? If validity is the ponderment, then let us bring it on. I know, and you know the truth, this is a bullshit place that I have to be in to get my shit right. I am sorry for the confusion, only I am delusioned with certain ideals within myself. I think to take away my viewpoints is to take away the heart that was ripped out of my soul. I really will endure this proponent in the name of the High.