Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > EdCons and referring organizations and agencies

StrugglingTeens.com

<< < (4/5) > >>

OKB4RMA:
OK...so I'm reading strugglingteens.com forum...an I found something to be quite funny.

First...let me preface what I am saying by letting everybody know that I have my B.S. in Economics.

The post I was reading was a few years old but I still found it somewhat amusing.

There was a single mother of an 18 year old boy asking the forum how they afford the schools. She was already working two jobs and stated that the tuitions at the programs were out of reach for her.

Lon chose to post a reply to her query.

He first noted that there were a number of schools that have scholarships...yet he went on to tell the poster that "the chances of getting one of those is a little like the chances of being hit by lightening, since there are so many parents looking for financial help"

so much for that avenue :roll:  

then he goes on to explaining how she can possibly get the state or health insurance to pay for it...and even goes so far as to state that there are even public programs that may be helpful if her child fits a certain criteria.

here's the kicker

Lon then states that "One common mistake parents make is to start by looking for something they can afford. That automatically eliminates many options that with determination, might work out."

finally...the punchline

"Often also, parents do what I did, and take out a second mortgage on their home to afford the tuition. This is often the unthinkable when parents first start their search, but if there is a possibility there, its worth weighing the pros and cons. In my case, my daughter graduated about eight years ago, and with luck, I'll get the second mortgage paid off by the end of this year, and it was worth every penny."

For anybody that is considering a second mortgage...I suggest that you brush up on your knowledge of the economy.

Anonymous:
strugglingteens.com
 :wstupid:   ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::

Anonymous:
Does that speak to any of you?

Anonymous:
I know your message is a little old but I wanted to offer my support of your version.  I am a parent.  My daughter was in the jr. hi program after taking an overdose.  Her "family head" ( joke #3) betrayed her.  After she graduated her father, in a fit of rage and just to punish her, had her kidnapped and put in the harsher high school torture cedu concentration camp.  I was able to get her out after three weeks but the damage was done and she never got over it.  I hope you are doing well and want to tell you that you are soooooooo right on!  Those schools should be closed down and all the teachers jailed.

rayjax:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version