Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > EdCons and referring organizations and agencies

StrugglingTeens.com

<< < (3/5) > >>

Watchaduen:
I do not for one minute believe that these parents are hapless victims, unaware of what they are doing. They send their children away, not to be helped, but rather to be abused in a manner that they would get arrested for doing themselves. None of these parents are stupid, most of them are highly educated and know fully well what they are doing. Let's be realistic, people from the barrio can't afford to abuse their children by proxy. These parents should be held accountable for what they have subjected their children to. >>>

I am hear to tell you that you are WRONG.  Not all parents know about this underworld of legalized child abuse/cult homes.  In my small, uppder middle class world I truly didn't know something like this could even exist.  Once I did, I rescued my son immediately and have since filed a lawsuit.  We, as parents tried all the legal avenues with the State of Miss. justice system, but the corruption runs to deep.  These places need to be shut down to save those poor kids, but also for the parents who honestly don't know these kinds of places existed.

Curious John:
Can you find this page with Google??
http://http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives/2004/6/jun04seennheard.html??

I will start by saying that I use Struggling Teens website quite frequently to try to track certain peoples' progress through the industry. On their main page they offer both a link to their archives and a Google search of their website.

Not that I have ever been a fan of the company or their business, I always counted it as at least a qualifier that Lon Woodbury kept himself above the deception and lying that seems to plague the industry. In short, at least he believed he was doing the right thing.

That belief of integrity was shattered this evening however when I went to do a simple search for Kevin Warner who has recently disappeared from the Sagewalk staff page. Even though I didn't expect to see anything this soon regarding new employment for him I was really surprised to see that "Kevin Warner" turned up nothing, even more surprised to see that "Warner" by itself did not turn up a single page referring to Kevin Warner.

To make a long evening of searching brief, I do have a saved copy of the page linked above from Struggling Teens that does mention Kevin Warner, and to Lon Woodbury's credit he has left it on his server. However, I have yet to find a search criteria that will bring up this page from either his website or even the regular Google engine.

I am not saying that Kevin Warner was the reason this page disappeared, but it does bother me that any publicly published page that was supposedly available in archives would be removed from availability to the public. I know I initially found this page through a search on either Google or the Struggling Teens page and saved it for one reason or another. As it stands now, if I hadn't saved it before, I would not have found this document. Someone has obviously made the determination that this page should not be included in Google's search results.

Here is the page again:
http://http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives/2004/6/jun04seennheard.html. Please tell me I am wrong.

Anonymous:
"(May 21, 2004) Kevin Warner, [email protected], Program Director of SageWalk the Wilderness School, Redmond, OR, 800-877-1922, 541-316-4800, http://www.sagewalk.com stopped by Woodbury Reports on their way through north Idaho to give us an update on changes to their program. SageWalk now has a stronger parent component, as well as improved aftercare/ transition planning for their graduating students. For more information, please contact Brian."

Is this it?

Curious John:
I am not sure if it was just a temporary glitch that kept that page from being retreived by a search or if the power of Fornits' has convinced them to put it back up, but the page I originally asked about is once again available to the Google search engine.

I do still wonder how many other uncataloged pages have gone missing from the search engines even though they still technically remain available on their web server.

shanlea:
I just hashed it out with my Mom about what CEDU was really like... over 15 years later.  There really is not a whole lot of awareness.  She was referred by our family therapist who were also pastors.  The brochure looked idyllic. CEDU marketed itself as a school (joke #1) and an emotional growth environment (joke #2).  My Mom simply believed the "experts."  
I JUST told her everything that went including the fact that the staff lacked qualifications and it was really authorized as a group home. (Although she believed my story 100%, I think she resented me for telling the truth more than the school for their transgressions.) There was no individual therapy, and frankly, it was an emotionally abusive cult that STUNTED emotional growth, rather than promoted it.  
Why was I sent there? I wasn't a druggie, or a liar, or a threat to anyone. I never even stole anything except a pack of gum when I was three.
What I was was a very depressed girl with very low self esteem, a sleep disorder, and some trauma from sexual abuses.  NONE of these issues, and I mean, NONE were ever dealt with at CEDU. Not a single one. They wouldn't even know how to identify it.  And there was no way in hell I would share my story when I saw how CEDU abused or exploited victims of abuse.  

When Mom told me where she was taking me, I was so weary from life, I didn't even care. I knew I needed help, but I didn't get it there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version