Author Topic: Propheet= Profits The Truth  (Read 7460 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Propheet= Profits The Truth
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
Oh they definitely started playing Metallica. You guys have Genesis and shit in your Dreams? Hmm, who else did we have. Was Bob Dylan played in every damn propheet back in the day for you guys? Fuck, that place ruined Dylan for me forever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »
In my time, the only allowed music was Neil Diamond, Whitney Houston, and John Denver.  And teh song Imagine and some of the Police, but only on Saturdays.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
made me a jihad against cat stevens afterwards.
goddamn him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
it's not his fault, dude.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »
When I was at BCA, we were allowed to bring our own CD's to campus once we reached the challenge phase. But they could only be played on the house speakers or in classrooms on boomboxes if everyone in the room was in challenge or above. Only in new horizons could we have our own cd players, and only if you were in the OSD could you listen to your own cd players in the dorms.

The funniest was trying to get the CD's checked in. The staff who did it was such a straight edged mormon motherfucker, you'd be lucky to get a Jack Johnson CD checked in. I fucking love music, so I went through such a withdrawal for my first year, until the great "underground music trade" started. A few kids had some Mobb Deep or Bone Thugs CD's, shit like that, and would trade them to other kids when they got sick of them for shit like ramen and drink mix. Staff caught wind of it and turned it into a big witchhunt...I still laugh thinking of Marc Trivelpiece reaming one kid in a rap for "endangering campus with foul, disgusting music and doing so in a 'black market' fashion". Good times, good times.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »
You are only lucky sucker. In my time, you could not bring your music in ANY phase.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »
On 2006-03-14 07:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Oh they definitely started playing Metallica. You guys have Genesis and shit in your Dreams? Hmm, who else did we have. Was Bob Dylan played in every damn propheet back in the day for you guys? Fuck, that place ruined Dylan for me forever. "

Nope, no Genesis. (Thank god, because I'm sure it was the phil collins as lead singer genesis and not the GOOD Genesis with Peter Gabriel.)

and the only Bob Dylan song that I remember was in the brothers keeper. (All I Really Want to Do)

And we couldn't listen to the albums sgt. peppers and the white album, but all other beatles was ok. (Later they recanted and allowed us to listen to the white album, but sgt. peppers was still forbidden.)

Later in the program, they finally allowed us to listen to fleetwood mac, too, which was a relief, compared to the other crap.

The stuff I remember was the Beatles (on saturday crews), neil diamond, beach boys, john denver, james taylor (a SHITLOAD of james taylor), cat stevens, spyro gyra, manhattan transfer, Harry Chapin (30,000 pooouunds... of bananas..), Melanie Safka (only in the Imagine), Carole King, Carpenters, Ann Murray, Barbara Streisand, George Winston, Vangelis, I think they played some Wendy Carlos, from the clockwork orange soundtrack, which is actually cool, because Wendy is awesome, and does great music, and Bette Midler when that god awful "hero" song came out.

I remember my friend and I laughing a lot to the manhattan transfer, which they played as house music.
"Kooky abstract dada
Like they sell at alpha beta
I wish I had a set of
Orangutan babies
A barkin' the blues"

I mean, what the fucking fuck?? (I had to google those lyrics. I certainly don't remember shit like that. I just remember that weird alpha beta line, although my friend and I thought the next line was talking about orangutan penises, not babies..)

I think I may have written about that song before in another thread. My memory sucks.

Bunch of fucking hippies and their bullshit music.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-03-14 18:03 ]

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
On 2006-03-14 15:22:00, sorry... try another castle wrote:

Later in the program, they finally allowed us to listen to fleetwood mac, too, which was a relief, compared to the other crap.

We only got the Fleetwood Mac "sans" Stevie Nicks
not to mention Crosby Stills & Nash minus anything with Neil Young.

Plus all of the other lame aformentioned music.

At least...there was one song that Fleetwood Mac played that had a bass riff in it that sounded EXACTLY like the beginning of Dead Kennedies "Police Truck"...those of us "in the know" always exchanged "looks" at that point in the song.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »
Haha, no sgt peppers? Me and my buddies did a last light once, played a few songs...sgt peppers was one of them. We played a couple more, but they made us stop and gave us work assignments when we played house of the rising sun.

And you're right, it was the phil collins genesis. But the peter gabriel genesis sucks just as much...sorry man, there aren't too many artists I hate more than peter gabriel.

Offline former CEDU therapist

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »
Jesus, man. I am astonished at what you write here. I'm very glad I never was in a profeet. It sounds very, very sick. The kind of thing that makes a kid lose sight of himself - his true self.

Sick bastards.

You are a gifted writer. I hope you pursue writing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
Did they stop playing Working Class Hero? I was there a long time ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »
Because you're all fucking peasants as far as I can see.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
Hell no, they kept playing Working Class Hero all the time. BCA destroyed Bob Dylan for me.

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 10:49:21 PM »
Quote from: ""former CEDU therapist""
Jesus, man. I am astonished at what you write here. I'm very glad I never was in a profeet. It sounds very, very sick. The kind of thing that makes a kid lose sight of himself - his true self.

Sick bastards.

You are a gifted writer. I hope you pursue writing.

This is only the beginning...
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
rma
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 01:48:52 AM »
it gives me chills to even think about the propheets the truth i remember was the least of my worries there. i dont know if this is good or bad but i have forgoten all of them i just remember that the truth was no weare near as bad as the others. sounds weird i know i think i just didnt want to remember any of them i was ther from 2000 to 2001 and i def felt brainwashed, i dont really remember anything because of all the drugs they put me on but if anyone could fill me in on the others or if you were ther in this time and remember me alison please let me know i hate rma for what they did to me and i hate that i cant even remember most of it