Author Topic: Come to our senses...  (Read 4046 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« on: March 13, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »
Ok people, I think this is all getting out of hand. I do not understand what the big deal is of arguing back and forth on a website. Some of us on here are adults and others of us are teenagers. Either way, where has all of the maturity gone to? It is like old people cracking on young people and vice versa. What is this world coming to? There is so much more to life than reading and writing on the internet. We are all being hypocrits in this world when we are accusing each other of stupid things yet all that this is..is simply the same thing in a different way. Humans are humans. That is all. There is nothing in this world that is perfect, and nothing ever will be. People live their own lives, and it should be left at that. Look at it in this light, if there was unsatisfaction with the Whitmore, then the parents would take their kids out of the school. If there was abuse, then the kids would all gang together and do something to get away. Teenagers these days are rebellious, and before half of them went to the Whitmore, they were, and so if there was something going on that should not be, then they would of course rebel. Kids would not go home, go back, go on trips, go back to work at the Whitmore and so forth if there were things such as abuse going on. I mean that is simply common sense. Then look at this, any kid that goes to a baording school or such, and is taken out of the environment and home that they are used to, does not like the new situation. This in turn will lead them to say anything or do anything they can to go back home. For instance, all of the kids that leave early are new, and dont give anything a chance. The people that run the Whitmore, are the nicest people you could ever meet, and it surprises me that anyone could even talk like this without meeting them. I mean, look at their family. Their family is such an inspiration and have led such an amazing life that most people cannot even dream of having. Sometimes, you just need to take time out and look at the other side. The Sudweeks do not have to do this, and if they did not like it, they would not do it. It is not a job to them, it is their life. What do you think is going to happen when people live in a home with teenagers that are looked upon as troubled and not good? The community usually is judgemental and does not take time to get to know any of them. Anywhere you go in the world, a place with teenagers is not going to be viewed upon very well, and so people then things start to come from these judgements. Trust me, the kids at the Whitmore are the most wonderful kids you could ever meet, and the Sudweeks are the most selfless and caring people you could meet as well. This world is full of hateful people who do not know what to do with themselves; such as the saying, "misery loves company." So just think twice about it, the Sudweeks are not bad, and nobody is perfect either. Just think for a moment before you become rude and judgemental.

(I was being rude and such on here, but that is not the thing to do, and somewhere along the road, someone has to be the better man and come to their senses, and so I am trying to do so. I know that if I were in the position that you all were when it comes to not liking the Whitmore, and if I did not know the people, I might have done the same thing with only hearing and knowing about all of the assumptions and accusations going on.)
-Thanks for reading-
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
I have been to the Whitmore several times.  I have met the Sudweeks.  I think you need to take a look at what you are saying.  The Sudweeks are not taking these troubled kids out of the goodness of their hearts.  They are being paid lots of money, which I'm sure allows their family to live like they do.  

I agree that everything is not perfect, but abusing kids is a little more than a mistake.  Lying about the services they provide is not a mistake.  Kids not having, at least, the equivalent of a high school education is not a mistake.  Kids not being fed is not a mistake.  Having, so called, group counseling led by a non perfessional till all hours of the morning is not a mistake.  And I could continue on.

The whole point being, that, if you are going to advertise and take money for doing certain things, you better make sure you do them, or suffer the consequences, when you get caught.

As far as physical abuse, I don't know about where you live, but in California that's called assault and battery.  If physical abuse happens to only one child out of hundred, it is still wrong, and it is not a mistake or imperfection, not when you are taking money to provide a safe environment, among other things.

I do beleive the Sudweeks know exactly what they are doing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »
ok, well you are very entitled to your opinion, but telling that to a student is not the way to get your opinion across to me. I am speaking th truth, and I do not understand why Leah is so bitter. She has been forgiven, and she was actually talked about the other day in how everyone misses her, and what a great help she was here. Whoever makes rude comments does not know Leah. So, I do not understand that.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »
On 2005-03-13 19:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"ok, well you are very entitled to your opinion, but telling that to a student is not the way to get your opinion across to me.

Telling what to a student?  How would you suggest she 'get her opinion across to you'?

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... miamithem' target='_new'>H. G. Wells

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 02:07:00 AM »
o.k. Granny got a problem here. you want to talk about abuse. Leah told us what your family is like. how come your daughter never comes on to say somtin. she hates you just like leah does. she told us she only likes you for yo money. she told us about the abuse and if you dont cool it i will spill my guts. i will tell all about you and your exhusband and your daughter and exhusband. you got some enemies out here so it aint all peaches and cream. you wanna talk crap? i about had it wit you. stop the big friken lies already. why do you think yo daughter and grandaughter aint got no morals. look in da mirror. jeezzzzzzz

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »
Ever think that these GROUP SESSIONS that Cheryl runs is just a bunch of crap so Cheryl can learn "gossip" about these kids parents? Seems like that is all they are about. Cheryl just trying to collect dirt. Problem is---these kids are forced to make up stuff, and Cheryl knows this. It is what Cheryl does... PITIFUL. These kids "confess" things that just never happened.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
ur not impressing anyone anon with ur badboy gangster talk. stop being a wannabe thug and talk normal. it seriously isnt kool

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Come to our senses...
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »
On 2005-03-13 19:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"ok, well you are very entitled to your opinion, but telling that to a student is not the way to get your opinion across to me. I am speaking th truth, and I do not understand why Leah is so bitter. She has been forgiven, and she was actually talked about the other day in how everyone misses her, and what a great help she was here. Whoever makes rude comments does not know Leah. So, I do not understand that. "

Well, I can tell you this much, most of those rude comments about Leah have come from the same internet account you're using or another one through the same ISP.

Can you explain that?

All of these comforting and reasonable things were taught by the ministers in their pulpits -- by teachers in Sunday schools and by parents at home. The children were victims. They were assaulted in the cradle -- in their mother's arms. Then, the schoolmaster carried on the war against their natural sense, and all the books they read were filled with the same impossible truths. The poor children were helpless. The atmosphere they breathed was filled with lies -- lies that mingled with their blood.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
yup..can explain that one..as stated in WHAT I SAID at the bottom...

"(I was being rude and such on here, but that is not the thing to do, and somewhere along the road, someone has to be the better man and come to their senses, and so I am trying to do so. I know that if I were in the position that you all were when it comes to not liking the Whitmore, and if I did not know the people, I might have done the same thing with only hearing and knowing about all of the assumptions and accusations going on.) "

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Come to our senses...
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
Ok, that makes sense. And I have to tell you that, before this discussion got so ugly, I was really impressed w/ some of these kids. Still am, really. I was impressed because they weren't just telling a one sided story. They didn't act like angry kids trying to hurt somebody. They told us that they were heartsick over what was happening, that they do love you guys still but can't go along where ya'll are leading. That touched me because I've been there before.

Now all this started out w/o any hate for anybody. Just a question from someone who said they were considering sending a kid to the Whitmore. I'll admit that I have my suspicions about anybody who takes placements generated from advertising like I've seen on the PURE website. Looks just like your run of the mill edcon bullshit to me. But I never suggested that there was a problem. I only looked at the website and asked questions about it. You guys have filled in some of the blanks.

And, at the end of the day, I still think the most credible reports have come from Erica, Leah, Chris and the enigmatic Tony|Elliot|Mr. Bean. They paint a picture of real people, complex and conflicted as real people usually are.

Now, as to whether or not the Whitmore is a good place for kids, that's still up to the reader to decide. Would I trust them to care for my kid or to be taken into our family's confidence? Not on your LIFE!

I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

--Thomas Carlyle

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
Antigen: you wouldn't trust your kids with the Sudweeks just because Sue Scheff trusts them, and trust Sue's judgement, just because Sue's so nice? (Isn't that how the logic runs?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
I too find Erica, Leah,Chris to be credible. Not too sure about Mr. Bean's agenda yet.

But one simple issue-that has nothing to do with the abuse: School Transcripts/Credits

Leah "graduated"...believe Chris did too. These two students are in college.

Erica and Bean appear to still be in High School.

Bean seems to be in turmoil BECAUSE he is on Cheryl's BAD SIDE at the moment and is not sure "if he will get his transcript in May as PROMISED FROM CHERYL or not."

Chris has already posted that he was the "unofficial registrar" for Cheryl Sudweeks, and helped make decisions about what courses/credits students at Whitmore needed, and helped prepare these "transcripts." So we can assume Chris's transcript/credits were probably in GOOD SHAPE, and as smart as he appears---he probably walked out of Whitmore with his transcript in hand.

Leah--she must have obtained her "transcript credits" since she is in college."

POINT: transcripts and credits are NOT NEGOTIABLE. These are earned, and are part of a student's permanent records--and are transferrable UPON REQUEST...and are not held hostage as a form of punishment! There are laws governing students' records.  That is the point.

These students are credible--if they say they did the school work, then no one has the right to deny them access to their own school records. Cheryl Sudweeks does not have the right to refuse these students the right to their transcripts.

Offline HOWBIZARRE

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
Leah has a diploma. As do I. me, her, and two others all got diplomas and walked in a ceremony.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
Good for you!  But go back and read Bean's posting? Why does he need to worry that Cheryl Sudweeks won't keep her word and MAY NOT send Bean his transcript JUST BECAUSE she's mad at him?

Did you honestly take all the courses that show up on your transcript? Some of them are "faked up" you know? And the student who "forged them" has admitted it. (he's home now, too and in college) Where's the pride, and feeling of accomplishment...of having earned a DIPLOMA if you know it is FAKE?

No one will "take it back" or blame YOU. Just wondering how that makes you feel...knowing some really didn't EARN that diploma?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come to our senses...
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
On 2005-03-16 12:44:00, HOWBIZARRE wrote:

"Leah has a diploma. As do I. me, her, and two others all got diplomas and walked in a ceremony. "

Well good for you, but from the grammar and sentence structure of the majority of the posts coming from the kids who attented the Whitmore "school", I'd say they have a looooooooooooong way to go before they can claim to be educated.  I don't mean that as a putdown, I really don't, but if I was paying what these parents are paying I would want my kids coming out of there at LEAST being able to author a legible sentence.  No, I'm not talking about simple typos and hurried typing either.