Author Topic: hope its worth something to you out there  (Read 52363 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hope its worth something to you out there
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
thats not fair at all. i actually have very decent english. whats the point in being perfect on a web forum? i guess the fact that i am going somewhere in life after having been through more hell than you can imagine...its all nothing to you so i need not argue anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »
No need for perfection, but capitalization, punctuation and so on, would make what you write more readable.
I have noticed a general dumbing down of writing skills all across the board.
I recall once proofing a paper for one of my kids and being told it was fine. It was not fine. It looked like much that turns up on these forums. We argued, but in the end I let the paper go back to school in its sorry state; thinking the resulting low grade would wake up my lazy author.
Paper got an A.
Turned out it was fine after all.  
 :roll:
Oh, and this too:
Your wrong to think people don't care that your doing well after going through hell. I think lots do care and are happy for you. They might tend to debate who should get the credit, but this doesn't mean they aren't happy your happy.

[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-03-13 19:45 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2005-03-13 10:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It is SAID Mark and Cheryl wear the "garments." Now how would a student know THAT? Scary huh?"

Because many of them saw Cheryl in hers.  My kid did and got freaked out!  Others have said the same, at least 4 I know of. Would the general public tolerate a teacher appearing in her underware in front of students???  Heck no!  She would be suspended or fired immediately.  Why then would it be acceptable for Cheryl to appear in her underware/garments in front of our children.  Could it be the "family" atmosphere they grew accustomed to?  I would feel very uncomfortable in my underware in front of a teenage boy, why wouldn't Cheryl?? Something very wrong with this picture!!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
Yeah, that seems out of line - but to be fare - this kind of under garment is extremely modest. Far more so than most modern street cloths. But it is, after all, underwear, and in front of the young men? Not a good move. I wouldn't like the idea as a parent, and I can imagine the students feeling pretty uncomfortable about it.  What would happen if they laughed out loud at the sight?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
On 2005-03-14 16:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

Because many of them saw Cheryl in hers.  My kid did and got freaked out!  

Wow! Any corroboration to this?

[Religion is] the daughter of hope and fear, explaining to ignorance the nature of the unknowable.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
Leah also saw them in their "garments."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
I swear I thought the whole garments thing was just a joke.  I didn't realize they actually wore them, let alone in front of other people's children.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
And Mr. Bean just said the same. What's the context? I mean, was it that she'd normally walk around in her underwear? Or just that kids would walk in on her accidentally? Or did she do it on purpose to show them "these are the sacred garments"? What's the story here?

Curioser and curioser...

Revelation indeed had no weight with me.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 03:41:00 AM »
This is so dumb. I have known the Sudweeks forever. If anyone has seen them in there underware its not because they make a point of showing them. I am sure! Lets see how much more of their private life we can dig up. and then complain that showing an email is to confidential. WHAT YOU HAVE DONE by showing their garments, let alone talking about them shows you people have no integrity. All i can say is you people will get yours. This is just WRONG.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »
I agree. I can't help but notice its the same people talking about this that were so against exploiting the Harris girl. That had such a problem with private things. It looks like the only private thing they were worried about is how it discredited everything Joyce Harris has waisted her time saying for four months. All of you filthy mouthed people who supported her are the same ones talking about the Sudweeks underware. Sorry, sacred underware. is there nothing sacred to you people? and you call yourself Grandma. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
On 2005-03-15 00:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

" is there nothing sacred to you people?

Not much, really.
My snark about the Joseph Jammies, impertinent and irelevant as it may have seemed,  was a sidelong swipe at the ethics of posting of that email.

And don't think it's just the Mormons I poke fun at either. I once got in very hot water with a little quip over the name of God. (Howard)

Our father Howard in Heaven,
Howard be thy name.

See! There it is! Twice even!

I am an equal opportunity offender.

Until you've lost your reputation,you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/068483068X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>MARGARET MITCHELL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »
What do you mean "you people will get yours" why all the threats?  See that is where the problem lies.  you just can't talk this way to people. Threatening people just doesn't set well. And flaunting some type of a religion that just out and out seems weird--well you just have to accept people asking questions about it. wearing clothes that ward off "evil" just seems weird. and since they are UNDER garments, kids shouldn't be seeing them periord.Especially if they are worn by TEACHERS in charge of KIDs. AND is your only defense to bring everything BACK to Joyce Harris? Deflecting everyting back to this woman does not make the SUDWEEKS look any less guilty you know????

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
//If anyone has seen them in there underware its not because they make a point of showing them. I am sure! //

Your sure? How are you sure? How the hell would you know? You visit (you say) but have you ever lived there? Big difference tween the two. And you know it.

I don't know either, but I do wonder. I think the questions Ginger askd are the important ones. I await a reply.

As for talking about private things - the secrete is out. Most people who have done even surface study on Mormonism are aware of the magic underwear thing. A conversation on this well known secrete in no way compares with posting personal email - and you know this, too.

Besides, it seems the Sudwicks are not to terribly concerned with keeping them private.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
-I am a certified school teacher.
I have been LIED about on this site--it has been SAID I was fired from my teaching job because I abused my daugher. BOTH are lies. I adopted my daughter in 1998, and I have not worked since 1997...and I have never been fired PERIOD.
And I have never abused my daughter, PERIOD.

But the point I really wanted to make:
IN ALL OF MY YEARS OF TEACHING----NOT ONCE, NOT EVER did any of my students EVER see me in my underwear, PERIOD.

Showing students one's underwear is just not ACCEPTABLE under any conditions whatsoever---even if the teacher is under the impression that their Undergarments are somehow "MAGICAL"!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »
The important difference between the above mentioned little girl and the Sudweeks is that the little girl is a minor child who is not in the business of providing therapy to other people's troubled children.

Her business is private. Their business is a business.

To the extent that a society limits its government to policing functions which curb the individuals who engage in aggressive and criminal actions, and conducts its economic affairs on the basis of free and willing exchange, to that extent domestic peace prevails. When a society departs from this norm, its governing class begins, in effect, to make war upon the rest of the nation. A situation is created in which everyone is victimized by everyone else under the fiction of each living at the expense of all.

--Edmund A. Opitz

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.