Author Topic: Hidden Lake academy  (Read 75537 times)

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #555 on: March 03, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
What do you mean "nobody can find it?" Where would it be? On the internet somewhere? Its probably framed in his office  :grin: Seriously, He would have received it years ago...sometime in the mid 70s I think. I remember him talking about when he went to school, and I know it was in Georgia somewhere, but I am not sure if it was Univ of Georgia or Georgia State because he mentioned both schools in the conversations.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #556 on: March 03, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »
We will find it....

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #557 on: March 03, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »
Anyone can hang a shingle, let's wait and see...

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #558 on: March 04, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »
On 2006-03-03 17:14:00, ap47 wrote:

"a speed dream is where u hyperventalite very quickly for about 10-30 seconds then u grasp ur throat with both hands- cutting off air- passing u out for a small amount of time- in which u have a vivid dream."

Interesting. Is that a common practice? Do kids do it to escape boredom or for the 'dream'? What kind of 'dreams' do you have, and how long do they last? What risks are associated with it?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #559 on: March 04, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »
If that is what I am understanding you are describing...this is something I have read about that kids do as young as age 8 and 9, and it is VERY dangerous. You can die from this form of activity.Did you and the other kids at HLA do this on purpose out of your own choice or did someone tell you to do this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #560 on: March 04, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »
No - you can't die from squeezing your own neck with your hands after hyperventiating. It takes having ANOTHER PERSON hold your neck. What happens when you hyperventilate is that you pass out. Your hands would let go.

It is a completely stupid thing to do. You could fall and strike your head.

On 2006-03-04 06:32:00, SHH wrote:

"If that is what I am understanding you are describing...this is something I have read about that kids do as young as age 8 and 9, and it is VERY dangerous. You can die from this form of activity.Did you and the other kids at HLA do this on purpose out of your own choice or did someone tell you to do this? "

Offline Annie Hall

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #561 on: March 04, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »
Ahem. I know what post I wrote and you do, too.

As for my son being perfect, you did not read my post carefully. I said that CEDU allowed him to realize and achieve his own perfection. Everyone in our family is perfect, especially me. I am the most perfect person you could ever hope to meet. My daughter is perfect, too. Only my ex-husband, who is the devil, is not perfect. He could not tolerate the contrast between his failings and my perfection, which is why he left me for another woman. Had he been able to truly appreciate how perfect I am, he never would have left me.

My son is perfect NOW. He simply was prevented by his own imperfect decisions from being perfect. Now he is. We all enjoy our perfect lives and our perfection. And I enjoy coming to these boards and letting people know that if they have any problem whatsoever with any of these schools, it it their own weakness and failings that prevent them from achieving the joys and rewards of perfection that I do.

I hope this is clear now. If not, look for posts by ottawa5 and you will be able to appreciate how perfect I am. Not Ottawa 5. ottawa5. You'll all be dazzled at my perfection.

On 2006-03-03 11:00:00, ap47 wrote:

"i was in pg57.

edit:  Annie hall, if your son was "perfect" he wouldnt of been there in the first place. "Perfect" is a word that has no meaning when it comes to teens. For your information I personally have had contact with 4/5's members of "STARS" (highest priviledge group based on how they work with the program) and most of them are doing drugs behind their parents backs, and lives are maybe even worse before HLA took part on them.

HLA is a school that will not only fail to fix your childrens problems, but will show them a world of loneliness, tyranny, hatred, and some of the worst youth's of america.

I was in a room for about 2 weeks and I was forced to participate in an action called "Speed dreams", I "had a choice" but in reality i didnt. I could tell on them, and then become a center of negative attention for the rest of my time there, adding more loneliness to my already shattered world. There is no way a human can go through such drama and live life in a perfect fashion.[ This Message was edited by: ap47 on 2006-03-03 11:05 ]"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #562 on: March 05, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
I POSTED THIS AND I WAS WRONG! I could not imagine that you could die from choking yourself. I'm sorry! I was wrong!

LINK

On 2006-03-04 15:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No - you can't die from squeezing your own neck with your hands after hyperventiating. It takes having ANOTHER PERSON hold your neck. What happens when you hyperventilate is that you pass out. Your hands would let go.

It is a completely stupid thing to do. You could fall and strike your head.

On 2006-03-04 06:32:00, SHH wrote:

"If that is what I am understanding you are describing...this is something I have read about that kids do as young as age 8 and 9, and it is VERY dangerous. You can die from this form of activity.Did you and the other kids at HLA do this on purpose out of your own choice or did someone tell you to do this?"
[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-03-07 16:41 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #563 on: March 07, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »
On 2006-03-01 11:32:00, ap47 wrote:

"hla is the worst school anyone could ever fathom. I was one of the few people to ever go there that got diagnosed with "no mental problems, real life issues" and i/the campus was treated like total shit. the school teaches absolutely NO independence. for example- if u dont do your homework- u get to avoid 'restrictions' for part of the afternoon by talking in air conditioned rooms eating candy. restrictions are rigged- i once lost a vacation break because i passed a packet of sugar to my friend. there is no good reasononing for that. i also watched a jean claude van dam movie called bloodsport and me and some friends shouted 'comete' (the fight tournament hook name) whenever we saw eachother- and got put on 2 weeks of restrictions for "glorifiying violence".  i had never done drugs before taht school- but being around kids telling great tales about drugs influenced me to smoke pot/eatshrooms/smoke opium/ and do speed dreams- the food was horrible and the sandwhich meets were almost impossible to eat and left out for over 24 hours sometimes. they manipulate your parents with confusing ideas and are hard to root out until far after the program is over."

Can you tell us about anything specific that you experienced or saw that would be considered abusive?  

Can you shed some light on the behavior of staff members there?  How did they go about implementing the progam?  Did they play favorites?  Were there instances of inappropriate behavior of employees toward residents?

If you'd like to PM me that's fine.  Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #564 on: March 11, 2006, 02:50:00 AM »
On 2005-04-07 04:12:00, SHH wrote:

The school also owns 4 buses that they take kids to events in. THey are green and seat about 30 kids each and say HLA on the side and each one has an A,B,C, or D letter. Why do I know about the buses? Because I went with my husband to Jacksonville, FL to look at the facility where they are made and where my husband purchased them. They were purchased I believe in 1998. they wanted to check out the size and cost and safety of them.

while 'private schools' are exempt, this is still an interesting survey:

Survey of State Laws on 12- and 15-Passenger Vans Used for School TransportationThe National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services recently surveyed its State Director members to determine the current state-by-state laws/regulations on the use of 12-and 15-passenger vans to transport students to and from school or on school-related activity trips. The survey was done in order to update an earlier study done in 1999. This latest information will allow the association to respond to questions from legislators, the media and the public. A copy of the survey results is attached.

The following summarizes the results of the survey:
? 29 states have laws or regulations that prohibit the use of vans for transporting public school students to and from school and school-related activities.
? 12 states have laws and regulations that prohibit the use of vans for transporting public school students to and from school, but allow the use of vans for school activity trips. [Note: One state has passed legislation that will prohibit the use of vans for activity trips after June 30, 2006.]
? 9 states allow the use of vans for transporting public school students to and from school and school-related activities. [Note: One of these nine states has passed legislation that will not allow the use of vans to transport students after June 1, 2008. Another state has a state-wide, self-insurance pool that will not insure vans used to transport students after July 1, 2005.]
? In many states, the laws and regulations that apply to public schools may not apply to private and church-sponsored schools.

The State Directors Association believes that it is appropriate to require higher levels of safety in vehicles that transport children to and from school and school-related activities.

Accordingly, the State Directors Association supports the position that school children should be transported in school buses which provide the highest levels of safety, not in 12- and 15-passenger vans which do not meet the stringent school bus safety standards issued by the Federal government and recommended by the National Conference on School Transportation, an organization of state school transportation officials.

For that reason, the State Directors Association endorses the statements made by Dr. Jeffrey W. Runge, Administrator of NHTSA, in an April 15, 2002, letter to school transportation professionals across the Nation:

School buses that comply with NHTSA?s school bus safety standards are the safest form of pupil transportation. A school?s purchase or use of 10-15 passenger vans or non-school buses could result in school children being transported in vehicles that do not provide an appropriate level of safety. While most States require the use of school buses to transport children to and from school and school-related events, some States do not. We urge you to take steps to ensure that all school children in your State are carried on school buses that are certified by their manufacturers as meeting NHTSA?s school bus standards.

During its 2003 annual conference, the State Directors Association passed a resolution encouraging legislative action and sent it to both the United States House of Representatives and United States Senate. The resolution encouraged Federal legislators ?to re-introduce legislation to prohibit the sale, lease and use of new and used non-compliant motor vehicles for the transportation of school-aged children to and from school and/or school-related activities, including Head Start and daycare transportation.?

Such legislation has been introduced in Congress in earlier years, but never reached a full vote in either the House or the Senate. Finally, the State Directors Association believes states are in the best position to ensure that vans, both new and used, are not used in lieu of school buses.

This action can be accomplished by establishing strict requirements on the types of motor vehicles that can be used within a state for transporting children to and from school and school-related activities, and enforcing those requirements. It is important that state legislatures understand that allowing the use of vans for transporting students either to and from school or on school activity trips causes any dealer that sells or leases a new van to schools to violate a Federal law.
© 2004 National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services. All rights reserved.February 2004

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:AOB ... =clnk&cd=8

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #565 on: March 14, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »
Rather than addressing any real issues Shh wants only to yammer on and on about buses.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #566 on: April 02, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »
On 2006-03-03 11:00:00, ap47 wrote:

"i was in pg57.

the claim that kids on restrictions are not outside for more than 1 1/2 hours is a blatant lie. On the weekends restrictions conventionally lasts from around 8:15 am to 10:00 pm.... thats way more than 1 1/2 hours.

My description of students avoiding restrictions in air conditioned classrooms eating candy- What im saying is if YOU ARE ON restriction, u can get out of about 1 1/2 hours of the work if u make urself "incomplete".

The sugar passing broke a "manipulation" rule, because i was "manipulating" the kitchen staff by taking sugar i didnt want and giving it to a friend....doesnt make much sense. anyhow- they soon got rid of the rule, which they never announced its presence in the first place.

Your contact with your parents is greatly skewed- when I first arrived at HLA, during winter - I was on restrictions for a straight 1 month duration- during this time my diet was horrible, and I lost many pounds: I chose to write about this in a letter and I was put on restrictions for manipulation. Basically all you can do in letters is talk about the good aspects of HLA and about how u have problems.

I was sent to HLA as a last-second resort because I was ditching school too much and approached the failing absence limit.

All information at HLA is skewed by staff/teachers/and students who are currently there willing to bend the truth to become members of such groups as "stars" "Student council" in which they get free off campus trips.

I won a mathematics competition for HLA, 1st place meet score, I was asked to write an article for the paper and to make a speech. The article i submitted was replaced by one written by a teacher- and I was told right before my speech exactly what I had to say to the student body.

edit:  Annie hall, if your son was "perfect" he wouldnt of been there in the first place. "Perfect" is a word that has no meaning when it comes to teens. For your information I personally have had contact with 4/5's members of "STARS" (highest priviledge group based on how they work with the program) and most of them are doing drugs behind their parents backs, and lives are maybe even worse before HLA took part on them.

HLA is a school that will not only fail to fix your childrens problems, but will show them a world of loneliness, tyranny, hatred, and some of the worst youth's of america.

I was in a room for about 2 weeks and I was forced to participate in an action called "Speed dreams", I "had a choice" but in reality i didnt. I could tell on them, and then become a center of negative attention for the rest of my time there, adding more loneliness to my already shattered world. There is no way a human can go through such drama and live life in a perfect fashion.[ This Message was edited by: ap47 on 2006-03-03 11:05 ]"

::bump::
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
Can someone explain what this is?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »
On 2006-03-03 23:04:00, Deborah wrote:

"

On 2006-03-03 17:14:00, ap47 wrote:

"a speed dream is where u hyperventalite very quickly for about 10-30 seconds then u grasp ur throat with both hands- cutting off air- passing u out for a small amount of time- in which u have a vivid dream."