Author Topic: What Do You Wish To Believe?  (Read 14031 times)

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
What Do You Wish To Believe?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 16:08:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"I know that they didn't give out transcrips to everybody and I don't know for what reason..

Why don't you ask?

but I am getting my at the end of april maybe May"

Are you sure?  For your sake I hope its true.

And suffering is not a badge of honor. Experiencing tyranny does not deserve a bow or a kiss. The honor is in removing the stumbling stone. The honor is in the impolite destruction of tyranny through honest, powerful dialogue - not etiquette. Not political correctness.

http://fornits.com/wwf/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=1153' target='_new'>Maximus

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=10#87052

How 'bout an answer to this?

Busy, curious, thirsty fly, Drink with me, and drink as I.
-- William Oldys (1696-1761): On a Fly drinking out of a Cup of Ale.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 16:09:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"tell me you name since you know who I am now I have nothing to hide just trying to spread the truth"

What does my name have to do with the questions being posed to you?  You need my name before you can answer?  Sounds like an avoidance tactic to me.

Life is like a shit sandwich; the more bread you got, the less shit you gotta eat.
--Anonymous

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
Busy, curious, thirsty fly, Drink with me, and drink as I.
-- William Oldys (1696-1761): On a Fly drinking out of a Cup of Ale.

>>>>>>>>>

""I don't know what you mean by this???
I will be honest but i am not sure if i am gonna get my transcrips but I choose to believe Cheryl, when I was there we had an honest relationship between eachother, even though she didn't beleive me most of the time when i was telling the truth

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
don't know who you are but I agree with this>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Life is like a shit sandwich; the more bread you got, the less shit you gotta eat.
--Anonymous

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 16:14:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"Busy, curious, thirsty fly, Drink with me, and drink as I.

-- William Oldys (1696-1761): On a Fly drinking out of a Cup of Ale.>""I don't know what you mean by this???

Those are just random quotes that pop up on posts if you choose that option.

>>>>>>>>>

I will be honest but i am not sure if i am gonna get my transcrips but I choose to believe Cheryl, when I was there we had an honest relationship between eachother, even though she didn't beleive me most of the time when i was telling the truth"

Do you not see how contradictory this statement is? :???:

Peace and abstinence from European interferences are our objects, and so will continue while the present order of things in America remain uninterrupted.
--Thomas Jefferson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
Mr. Bean, you didn't need your transcript from Whitmore to re-enroll at your school when you got home? How did they know what "grade" you had been promoted to, or how many credits you had earned at Whitmore?

I sure hope you get your transcript from Cheryl.
I know 2 kids who Cheryl would not send them to, and one had to repeat a whole year of school, and one had to take the GED to get into college.
You know both of them if you just went home.

Why do you think Cheryl would do this?
Also, if you felt you and Cheryl really had an honest relationship, then why wouldn't she believe you all they time? That sounds weird. Sort of like manipulation to me.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
Hi Elliot,
  Well, I'm really not hiding who I am either.
There's a lot about me on this site, but my interest in the troubled parent industry really goes back to the brief self description in my signature.

If you want to know more, well I host this site so the "About Us" page is all about us (though probably a little out of date)

It's really not necessary for me to know everything about you to have this conversation. And, for what it's worth, I believe that the Sudweeks believe in what they're doing. As for what I want, I want to know if they understand what they're doing and if you kids and/or your parents understand it.

You might make a comparison to medical treatment. It's true, for example, that chemo therapy is a good and accepted treatment for some kinds of cancer. And it's true that some forms of cancer are first diagnosed by lumps in your flesh. But chemo doesn't cure all lumps. Some are cysts, some are benign tumors, some are fat, some are other things. And chemo has serious, often deadly, side effects. So you don't go around giving chemo to anyone who presents w/ any kind of fleshy lump. You have to understand what it is, how it works and what it's good for.

I want to know what form of therapy Whitmore (and other programs) offers, how it works and what it's good for.

From what you say, I'm glad you're back in school and looking forward to college. And it's good that you have high aspirations. But are you certain it's good to just shut out all of your old friends? Part of growing up has to do w/ gaining a certain level of self determination. I have old friends who I've known for decades now who are doing nothing I find worthwhile with their lives. Even though I don't want to sit around watching Star Trek, smoking pot and drinking beer for all my waking hours outside of work, I don't feel any need to shut this guy out of my life. We're still good friends (though if anyone who knows him finds this and tells him about it, he'll be pissed. But I think it's a safe bet that won't happen cause he also thinks the internet is a conspiracy.)

The friends I had before the program, I lost. And I regret that bitterly. That's one bit of Program advice I should have passed up, but it took me awhile to figure that out. By that time, all my old friends had moved on and I'd gone on in my own direction. Ya' can never go back home.

A democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
A republic is where the sheep get to pick which wolves vote on what to have for dinner.
But in a constitutional republic, voting on dinner is strictly
forbidden.

--A Patriot

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »
yes i do know two of those kids who didn't get their transcrips and it does kinda makes me wonder if i even going to get mine, but thanks for telling me this it kinda revealed your identity. I would reveal it on here  but it would kinda be pointless since this whole site is basically about opinions from people who don't want to reveal their identity. but thats not the point. Why do you choose at the minor things that the Whitmore has done and not the positive things they are doing and have done like helping me

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »
sounds to me like ginger is going through mid life crisis and smokes way to much pot. just cuz your program didnt work for you. doesnt mean the rest of us are like you. whitmore works. something i dont think yull ever understand. you think we are all as corrupt as you. we are not. we dont hate our parents for sending us there. i have a whole yr of college behind me. good grades too. i have a good relationship with my parents. and i dont miss my old friends. thank god they are out of my life. i can make good choices. i am not perfect but thats o.k. now because i dont hang around people like you who bash the good things in the world because they are so miserable. you are a miserable person. the sudweeks and whitmore are about as perfect as yu get in this imperfect world. hey go live with sadam or somebody who thinks like you. im american and act like it. you evil person.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »
On 2005-03-13 01:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

" you think we are all as corrupt as you. we are not.

I don't think you're corrupt at all!  I think you're a kid who has been exposed to all kinds of emotional abuse and you're pretty mixed up right about now.

we dont hate our parents for sending us there.

I don't hate my parents for sending me to the abusive place I was in.  They were played just like your parents have been played.  My program was at the height of the 'tough love' movement, my parents thought they were doing the right thing.  How wrong they were.

i have a whole yr of college behind me. good grades too.

I'm really glad to hear that, honestly I am.  What kind of an education did you receive while at Whitmore?

the sudweeks and whitmore are about as perfect as yu get in this imperfect world. hey go live with sadam or somebody who thinks like you. im american and act like it. you evil person."

The "Good vs. Evil" again.  Where are you getting this?  Its not healthy at all to hold anyone on such a high pedestal.  And now we're unAmerican???

The last struggles of a great superstition are very frequently the worst.
--Andrew Dickson White (1832-1918)

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »
Mr. Bean,
Charging your parents about $40,000 and lying and saying you have REAL school everyday with REAL teachers, and then withholding your kids' transcript (with is usually forged with fake grades anyway) is not a MINOR thing. This is very very important. Parents really believe kids are going to school at Whitmore and that the kids have certified teachers. Parents don't think their kids are just given credits IF CHERYL JUST WANT THEM TO HAVE THEM OR NOT! Education is a major thing! That is why your parents sent you there, or one of the reasons.

Also, what about this business of all the BAD phone calls you have been getting from Whitmore? You know Cheryl is really mad at you now.
You on here to get on her good side? This what all this is about? I worry about you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 21:30:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

Why do you choose at the minor things that the Whitmore has done and not the positive things they are doing and have done like helping me

Well, first off, I don't think that threats of violence against a couple of kids who are wittnesses in a criminal child abuse investigation are at all "minor". I take that very seriously. Second, I'm really not so sure that you kids would have been dead by now w/o help from the Sudweeks or that you have really been helped. Believe me, people said exactly the same things about Straight, Inc.; exactly the same, like we all learned it in the same school. At some points in my involvement, I believed it. You can find people posting to the Seed forum who still believe it, decades down the road.

I have a couple of reasons for being interested in this issue. For one, just personal compassion. It happened to me and my family and when I got out I didn't know how to find people who would understand, or even believe, what I'd been through. So it took me a good long while, years, to start sorting it out. Hopefully it won't take you kids that long. Maybe you can get some understanding early on and move past this more easily.

Second... no, maybe first in priority, is that this form of treatment (Therapeutic Community, btw, in case you want to research the method, how it's supposed to work and where it came from) has become the method of choice in this country. The courts have power to order people into TCs for indefinite periods of time (till staff declares them cured) and there's just very little public examination of the method and how it actually works out in the long term. I believe it's flawed at it's very base and that no one should ever be forced to endure it either by family or, especially, by the government. And I think that if people have a better understanding of what it is, they won't support it's implimentation either publicly or privately.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... miamithem' target='_new'>H. G. Wells

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
ginger quit with the lies! they have a whole staff of certified teachers. do your homework.

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »
what are you talking about?? how do you even know about the bad phone called i got from them?? I am not trying to get on her good side I could care less. What do you think I want from her??  NOTHING!!!! I don't need the transcrips I am graduating this May anyways so i don't know what you are trying to prove. How about doing some scripting it might help your sorry self out