Author Topic: What Do You Wish To Believe?  (Read 13986 times)

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
What Do You Wish To Believe?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »
i was desporite to go home when i first got there for about the first 6 months. kids don't want to change, and mark and Cheryl can't change them. They have to be the once that choose to change, but they need a place like the Whitmore to take then away from their bad environment to think stuff over and think about their future.... there is so much more. please try  to understand this is all just commont sence please get some
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
Mr. Bean,
Are you a high school student?
Are you living at home with your parents?
If so, now that you are back home in your "old environment," how are you doing there now?
How are YOU different after your year at Whitmore, and how is your relationship going with your parents and your old friends?

Think that is some things we'd like to know.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 12:45:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"i was desporite to go home when i first got there for about the first 6 months. kids don't want to change, and mark and Cheryl can't change them. They have to be the once that choose to change, but they need a place like the Whitmore to take then away from their bad environment to think stuff over and think about their future.... there is so much more. please try  to understand this is all just commont sence please get some"

How exactly is this miraculous change brought about?  I know Ginger has asked this.  Can we get your view of how this process works?

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »
That really doesn't explain either question, Mr. Bean. I really didn't like going to school, especially once my mom took me out of public school and sent me to a pretty strict Christian school. I complained about the teachers who were petty tyrants, but then there were a lot of other students making the same complaints. I don't think anyone accused us of lying about it, they just didn't find the complaints compelling enough to pull us out of that school. And, in retrospect, I can't really disagree. It was pretty strict in some ways, but nothing aproaching abusive and, overall, a pretty decent school.

Same thing is happening here. A few different kids are describing things that happen at Whitmore, only some people actually do think it's something to be concerned about. Reading private journals to the whole school, for example, and then discussing the sensitive details in a group w/ lots of yelling and humiliation. You may have gotten used to it, but it's really not OK to treat anybody that way. It can be really damaging, especially to a kid who may actually have some real issues to deal with to begin with.

And here's the kicker; this DOES explain, better than anything any advocate has told us, exactly how this mysterious "change" comes about. It seems counterintuitive, but it's just one of those strange quirks about the way people think and behave. If you humiliate someone, break them down and treat them badly, you'd think they'd only hate you more. But that's not what happens. What happens is the opposite. They'll beg for your love and affection and then do anything to defend you IF you can keep them from getting away long enough to break them down.

If that's not what's going on there, and I admit that I could be wrong, can you please explain what is happening during that time when kids go from desperation to leave to total devotion?

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
-- John Muir

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
I am doing good at home and I am staying away from my old friends because they are the once who had the big negative influence on me. I am still in high school but graduating this may. I have allot of plans ahead of me. In August i am going to the University of Tennessee before i came to the whitmore I had no life no future but as you can see now that i am actually going somewhere in life. I am actually going to get my PHD in psychology and counseling. I have done allog of drugs in life I am actually amazed at myself and what that place has done for me. What  do you want from them they are just doing their best to help troubled teens

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 15:52:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"I am doing good at home and I am staying away from my old friends because they are the once who had the big negative influence on me. I am still in high school but graduating this may. I have allot of plans ahead of me. In August i am going to the University of Tennessee before i came to the whitmore I had no life no future but as you can see now that i am actually going somewhere in life. I am actually going to get my PHD in psychology and counseling. I have done allog of drugs in life I am actually amazed at myself and what that place has done for me. What  do you want from them they are just doing their best to help troubled teens
"

Thanks for the update, but you still didn't answer Antigen's question.

But while we're on the subject of your education, what are the classes like at Whitmore?  Who are the teachers there?

If only there were evil people somewhere, insidiously committing evil
deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060007761/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
why do you guys hide your identity. i have nothing to hide. If you want to know who I am then click on here

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... 0312155424

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
I'm not hiding.  Most people here know who I am.  Care to answer the questions now instead of trying to sidetrack the subject?

Immortality: A toy which people cry for, And on their knees apply for, Dispute, contend and lie for, And if allowed Would be right proud Eternally to die for.
--Ambrose Bierce

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
ok!!!! I am satisfied with the classes that the whitmore has. i learned allot from them. I did online schooling took classes did packets. what else do you want to know ahh??? :cool:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
How were the classes taught?  Were there actual teachers there?

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »
we had 3 teachers there. Science, Math, English, but now they got more because people keep complaining

did you click on my link to see who I am??

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 16:02:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"ok!!!! I am satisfied with the classes that the whitmore has. i learned allot from them.

I guess the phrase "a lot" wasn't covered huh?

Did you accumulate credits while you were in this "school" that could be transferred to your current school?

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 16:05:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"we had 3 teachers there. Science, Math, English, but now they got more because people keep complaining

Real, accredited teachers?

did you click on my link to see who I am??"

Yes, I did.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
--Bruce Lee

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
I know that they didn't give out transcrips to everybody and I don't know for what reason.. but I am getting my at the end of april maybe May

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »
tell me you name since you know who I am now I have nothing to hide just trying to spread the truth