Author Topic: www.wwaspinfo.com  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« on: March 11, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »
found this in my searching. look at the pictures. names and faces. who owns this? is it part of the isac thing? they ask for money. i am new so bare with me.

http://www.wwaspinfo.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
Excellent site, but why no mention of Fornits under Forums?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
On 2005-03-11 09:13:00, Anonymous wrote:
"Excellent site, but why no mention of Fornits under Forums?"

Yes it is quite an omission.  I believe the site belongs to BuzzKill aka Karen Burnett.  She is happy to post here but has been slammed too many times by the folks here to want to give Fornits publicity.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »
wonder what wwasps thinks of it.  hey bob, you out there? maybe ken or others. nice pics.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
sorry, don't want to forget spence siebers or fred silvester. the wwasps lawyers. wonder is they like it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
I don't know who owns that site. Most ppl who use GoDaddy as a registrar spring for the extra couple of bucks for an anon registration. So I never bothered to look.

I did add a link at AnonAnon Thanks, anon, for bringing this to my attention.

As to why there's no link back to Fornits, well Karen's not the only one who's taken exception to some of the content posted here. You'll notice that a LOT of sites on the state of the troubled parent industry don't link to Fornits.

It's alright, really! Everytime someone gets offended enough to go off in a huff (or not in a huff at all) and start their own forum, that's just one more link on the web. They'll run their forums the way they see fit and make a happy home for folks who don't like the way these forums are run. So ppl who might otherwise have just stomped off in a huff, believing that their only choices were Fornits or the industry have other alternatives.

The more the merrier!  :wave:

See, there's an economic principle at play here. In order to maintain a site that's decidedly pro-program, it takes a lot of time and effort. You have to carefully screen members, censor any info that challenges or contradicts the party line, threaten ppl who insist on questioning, etc.

We have no such liability over on this side of the issue. Say what you want however you want. Information wants to be free.

History does not record anywhere or at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unkonwn without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
i am new, so can someone explain to me this buzzkill person? she owns wwaspinfo? what is her background? does she visit programs? maybe she will link fornits, seems like a good idea. but she has some very questionable ideas. asking for money always scares me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
I have noticed that just about every site misspells the acronym.  It is important to have it spelled and read correctly,  WWASPS = World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools, not WWASP.  (Unless you're using some earlier form of spelling).    Especially when court proceedings and hearings on Capitol Hill will make the front page of every major newspaper!  And that is only a question of time!
So, get the facts, I mean spelling, straight, please.  
 :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
If you want to know about BuzzKill, write and ask BuzzKill.
If you want to know about the web site, write the web site.
Me, I got you figured out.
Do you really want me explaining things?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »
On 2005-03-11 18:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have noticed that just about every site misspells the acronym.  It is important to have it spelled and read correctly,  WWASPS = World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools, not WWASP.  (Unless you're using some earlier form of spelling).    Especially when court proceedings and hearings on Capitol Hill will make the front page of every major newspaper!  And that is only a question of time!

So, get the facts, I mean spelling, straight, please.  

:smile:

"

It's not a spelling mistake.  WWASP consists of over 100 companies connected by a complex and ever-changing web of business and family relationships.  Many of them are registered in false names or at false addresses.  The companies keep on changing names and popping in and out of existence.  The idea is that you can never be sure exacly who you are dealing with.  If you try to sue one part then, if push comes to shove it can just fold and you will discover that all the 'assets' actually belonged to a bunch of other companies.

The organization used to be fronted by the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs, which is why people tand to call the whole group WWASP.  Nowadays, they are fronted by the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS).  No, it's not a name change: its a different company just to add to the confusion.

Most of us still talk about the whole group of companies, many of which will not even acknowledge their relationship with each other, as WWASP.  It's as good a label as any.  It doesn't matter how often they try to rebrand themselves, they are still the same people.  Why should we play their semantic games?

To paraphrase Shakespeare, a turd by any other name smells as shitty.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 If you want to know about BuzzKill, write and ask BuzzKill.
If you want to know about the web site, write the web site.
Me, I got you figured out.
Do you really want me explaining things

please tell us. i am very curious. what background does she have. where is she connected? it is a she right?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »
sorry one more thing. is buzzkill connect to the isac website to?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
I've been watching this thread with some interest as I am prominently featured in it.
Frankly, I find it aggravating the way these "anons" are always trying to tie my name up with one group or another.
For ages it was PURE - I was Sue Scheff's puppet; one of her Trekker lackeys. I spent a good deal of time attempting to correct that misconception.
Yes, I was on the Trekker list serve - NO, I have nothing what so ever to do with PURE; nor would I want to.
Now we have it that I must be connected to ISAC or web sites that link to ISAC -
NO - I am not a member, or in any way connected to ISAC - but I would be proud if I were.
Now 'anon', if you want to know me better - fire me off an email - I'll tell you more about what I am thinking than you likely want to hear. You might prefer it be done in a more private way than an open internet forum.

Offline BSarro

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
If Buzzkill is indeed this Karen Burnett person, I feel this is a classic example of a parent not following through. I looked her up and found that she took her son out of a program after ONLY ONE WEEK! Her son cried that it did not resemble the Holiday Inn and she took him out.What an incompetant parent!I hope he is her only son and that she does not have any more children.

God helps those who help themselves.                     Take marriage seriously.                      Once the Wedding Ring goes on the finger,it stays on the finger.  [ This Message was edited by: BSarro on 2005-03-12 09:08 ][ This Message was edited by: BSarro on 2005-03-12 09:09 ]
od helps those who help themselves.                            Take marriage seriously.                             Once the Wedding Ring goes on the finger, it stays on the finger.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
www.wwaspinfo.com
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
Thank you.  I had no idea it was THIS bad.  Just that fact alone will come in handy.  :smile: