Author Topic: OPINIONS...  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
OPINIONS...
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »
BSarro, I don't think that all teens behavior has everything to do w/ their parents. Whether they're on the skids, at odds w/ the world or slammin' a 4.0 and headed to the Ivy League on full scholarship, it has more to do w/ the kid than the parents.

I also I don't think that the troubled parent industry has anything at all to do w/ troubled teens. They don't market to teenagers. They don't examine or screen the kids for any sort of treatable condition. Frankly, they don't give a flyin' run at a rollin' doughnut about the kids in any way at all. All they care about is that the parents are freaked out enough to tap the college fund, take out a second mortgage and follow whatever kind of wackey directives that proceed from the mouth of some 22yo street thug turned "facilitator".

It's all about the parents, in other words.

[Religion is] the daughter of hope and fear, explaining to ignorance the nature of the unknowable.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
OPINIONS...
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »
I also I don't think that the troubled parent industry has anything at all to do w/ troubled teens. They don't market to teenagers. They don't examine or screen the kids for any sort of treatable condition. Frankly, they don't give a flyin' run at a rollin' doughnut about the kids in any way at all. All they care about is that the parents are freaked out enough to tap the college fund, take out a second mortgage and follow whatever kind of wackey directives that proceed from the mouth of some 22yo street thug turned "facilitator".

I think the kids would be much better off if their parents knew that going in, instead of thinking its actually about their kids. Well, the ones who actually care about their kids in the first place.

The ones who just wanna dump the brat and go on a cruise just like the program tells the kid wouln't give a damn, anwyay.

And as my stepdad told me, in this country its apparently a parental right to put a kid into any program for any reason even if there IS no problem with the kid, which needs to change. Hell, I think its the same with mental hospitals! There should be some law or statute in place so that people are only locked up if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Being incarcerated and losing out on enjoying life, and being cut off from friends, school, normality, family, etc... its horrible. I cant believe people think nothing of making life pleasureless for years for a teenager!

But oh well, we wont even sign that UN treaty on the rights of chldren, so whatever.

I cannot see how a man of any large degree of humorous perception can ever be religious -- unless he purposely shut the eyes of his mind and keep them shut by force.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
OPINIONS...
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »
Timoclea,
  Sorry if I was brash about using my words. I did understand what you were saying. I apologize to anyone else I offended.

You know what's kinda ironic? I actually had some of the best times in the program. I had fun and had a blast. I made some great friends there. I sometimes miss it. Those were some of the best times of my life. It doesn't matter where you are or what you do. If you have true inner peace then that is what makes you truly happy.