Author Topic: Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get a Life...  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get a Life...
« on: January 17, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Got a life, thanks.

Shut up?  Nah, I don't enjoy that, so I don't think I will.  In fact, a lot of my life involves *not* shutting up and people actually pay money to read some of my not shutting up.  Go figure.

Not real big on whining.  Criticism?  You betcha, especially where it's deserved.

If a particular group of juvenile delinquents are so bad and worthless that we just need to throw them away, then we might as well stand them up against a wall and shoot them.

Failing that, they're going to rejoin society some day.

If they're going to be rejoining society, then no matter what we do with them, even if they *do* deserve incarceration or need residential care, then it's totally against our interests as a society to *further* damage these damaged goods kids.

Which means we need to not do anything to them that is going to cause PTSD on top of the stuff they've already got wrong with them, and that we need them not to be further damaged with poor nutrition or various permanent injuries.

And if a particular kid is *not* damaged goods, then we especially don't need to make them that way by subjecting them to incarceration, which is a big stressor in and of itself.

So we need safeguards before admission, and we need guarantees of a certain level of quality of care while the kid is either in residential care or incarcerated.

That's not whining.

That's me as a taxpayer looking out for my best interests by ensuring these kids don't get *further* damaged and become either a lifelong drain on my tax dollars or an *increased* lifelong drain on my tax dollars.

Now, in reality, out of fundamental human empathy I want these kids treated humanely because they're *people*.  But just on a cold, hard, practical financial analysis, it's in my best interests to get this situation reformed so that these kids grow up to be taxpayers and a net *gain* to the system instead of perpetual aid recipients and a net *drain* to the system.

I guess one woman's whining is another woman's rational self-interest.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »
Yeah, I got that it's a book and you're at least half-joking, but I thought it *also* deserved a serious answer.

The serious answer is that even if I didn't care beans about these kids, how they're treated *does* affect me and every other taxpayer and it's in my personal best interests to get the problem fixed.  Ignoring it and letting it snowball is penny-wise and pound foolish.

Julie

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
If everyone should 'stop whining' and not care about past injustices then I should go all rob their bank accounts and steal their cars  :grin:

Oh, wait, what I figured, you WOULDNT shut up, stop whining, and get a life if I did that, youd file charges....

Every act of a delegated authority, contrary to the tenor of the commission under which it is exercised, is void. No legislative act, therefore, contrary to the Constitution, can be valid. To deny this, would be to affirm, that the deputy is greater than his principal; that the servant is above his master; that the representatives of the people are superior to the people themselves; that men acting by virtue of powers, may do not only what their powers do not authorize, but what they forbid."
--Alexander Hamilton    

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »
I don?t understand why people even reply to threads like this?but I guess I am a hypocrite doing the same thing.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
Why can't you get a life? Quit trying to fix your fate. You can't stop the world either. Get on with it. Whatever. :smokin:

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant." I am not a crook"

---Richard Nixon

Well............... He got some of your asses from going of to'Nam.Ungrateful bastards.
Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
teens in turmoil is a book to.