Author Topic: Center for Studies on Youth Policy, U Penn, of Social W  (Read 2363 times)

Offline davetrippel

• View Profile
Center for Studies on Youth Policy, U Penn, of Social W
« on: June 01, 2001, 11:29:02 PM »
www.ssw.upenn.edu/CSYP/

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline davetrippel

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 11:33:22 PM »
Re: Center for Studies on Youth Policy, U Penn, of Social W
woops, I hit the wrong key

This place has a project called

Assessment of Specialized Residential Programs and Services

I emailed the project director to see if they have any interest in the Trebach Conference in July.  I'll let you know what I hear.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 01:11:53 PM »
Good work, Dave.

I tried looking around Florida for anyone with public policy influence who might be intd in the conference, but it just gets too damned depressing. Every page from every governement or nongovernment site seems to be nothing but TOUGHLOVE! propaganda. It's like Edge of Night.

If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them whether they need it or not.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TallyR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 01:34:30 PM »
Fl Drug Policy Advisors
Here they are.  You wanted to know of anyone with public policy influence in Florida.  In all honesty since the invasion of the Tallahassee Taliban 2 years ago there has been one and only one policy maker.    However, here is a list of the official advisors.  Do you D.A.R.E. invite them to the conference?

GOVERNOR APPOINTS 11 TO STATEWIDE

DRUG POLICY ADVISORY COUNCIL

TALLAHASSEE-- Governor Jeb Bush today announced the following appointments to the Drug Policy Advisory Council:

Sheriff Charlie B. Wells, 54, of Parrish, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2003.

Shirley D. Coletti, 64, of Clearwater, president and founder of Operation PAR, Inc., for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2001.

Peggy B. Sapp, 57, of Miami, president and CEO of Informed Families, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2001.

Judge Frank D. Alvarez, 53, of Tampa, circuit judge, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2003.

Effie Alexander, 57, of Tallahassee, consultant, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2001.

Philip A. Diaz, 50, of Jacksonville, president and CEO of Gateway Community Services, Inc., for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2003.

John G. Daigle, 51, of Tallahassee, executive director of Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2003.

Babette F. Hankey, 34, of Oviedo, chief administrative officer for The Center for Drug-Free Living, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2001.

Gail E. Honea, 54, of Pensacola, executive director of Community Drug and Alcohol Council, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2003.

Ann Herberger, 37, of Miami, president of The Woods Herberger Group, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2001.

Martin J. Gutfreund, 57, of Bradenton, vice president of human resources for Uniroyal Technology Corporation, for a term beginning September 7, 1999 and ending September 7, 2003

The council will conduct a comprehensive analysis of the problem of substance abuse in the state of Florida and make recommendations to the Governor and Legislature for developing and implementing a state drug-control strategy, funding substance-abuse programs and services and review different methodologies for evaluating programs.

FYI - The governor wants to define a unified system of care. (Not sure what that means yet) There are two pilot strategies for children's substance abuse (Currently being developed in Orlando, Palm Beach county.)  

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2001, 08:45:23 PM »
Thanks for posting that. Might be a dupe, but I just stuffed it into the archive.

Lets see who we know here...

"Shirley D. Coletti, 64, of Clearwater, president and founder of Operation PAR, Inc." (Betty Sembler sits on the board of PAR)

Who else do we know from that list. Wes, who's the judge from Tampa? Judge Frank D. Alvarez. I know I've read the name, but I can't seem to connect it with anything.

If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes