Author Topic: Re: Welcome to the new Discussion Forum  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Re: Welcome to the new Discussion Forum
« on: May 02, 2001, 12:48:42 AM »
Due to Coolboard closing down its boards, it has been necessary to find a new discussion board.  This ez board format seems to be closest to the format we are all used to.  Any and all comments are welcome.  You can post the here or email me privately.  Thanks for your patience during this time of change....

Don't forget to register for the conference or at least make  donation.  thanks!!!

http://www.trebach.com/conferenc...gistrationKathy

Edited by: Kathy Moya   at: 5/24/01 5:52:20 am
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline StraightIncAlumni

• View Profile
Welcome to the new Discussion Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2001, 06:24:28 AM »
Nice

Hey, this is nice.  Good job finding this service Kathy.  Have a great week everyone.

Don

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2001, 11:53:11 AM »
Hey

Good job Kathy!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2001, 01:29:38 PM »
Yay!

I like this one a lot better.
If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them whether they need it or not.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2001, 02:15:19 PM »
Hey thanks for all of the support and encouragement! :-)
Kathy
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2001, 11:27:33 PM »
well it's got Johnnie Reb grey.  Can't go wrong with that.
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2001, 01:39:41 AM »
Groovy! I like it better too, because you can see all the responses at once. All right, Kathy!

Hey - Did the KIDS participants follow too? Some guy named 'John' said he was interested in my Participant form but he didn't leave any contact info. and he hasn't contacted me.

My PO Box is 534, Bristow, VA 20136 otherwise, if anyone has my phone number give it to John - but please don't publicly post it.

And KIM - I will call you!

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy, SUWS descendent Programs
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2001, 06:33:35 AM »
Hi my name is Jason. On Friday June 1st my friend Alex was kidnapped and sent to Alldredge Academy in Davis, Tucker County, WV. It took me a while to find out where he was and that very day I received a link to an article in a WV newspaper about how the state has ordered it to close.

http://www.wvgazette.com/news/News/2001060656/

I have uncovered a lot of information including links between a senior staff member at Alldredge who was previously senior staff at another gulag where someone hung himself, and also where there were confirmed physical abuses, Rocky Mountain Academy and affiliated schools.  

Convincing his parents to bring him home is not going well even as the state prepares for a hearing where a judge may order the school to close and send the kids home. I got Alex's Father to talk to me today and I gave him the number of Assistant Attorney General who is handling the case.

The AAG seemed interested in finding anyone who was a prisoner at Alldredge and can talk about it. Also Alldredge claims it is based on the SUWS program so any survivors of that program please contact me if you are willing to speak about it. This is a great opportunity to make a difference and perhaps gain some small measure of justice for yourself.

Also anyone who knows about the other cases mentioned in the article which I have not been able to find any info on, please contact me as well.

Finally I am planning a protest to take place sometime before the closing order appeal hearing (June 22). I plan to use a loudspeaker and whatever equipment can be brought and powered to disrupt the program and tell those held captive that something is being done to help them.

[email protected]
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Ted Phillips

• View Profile
Rehab/Bootcamp
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2001, 06:33:50 PM »
I'm a journalism student at Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and I'm writing a story about people who were sent against their will to rehab, bootcamp, or any other coercive school environment while they were teenagers. I'm looking for people in the New York City area to interview. I'm interested in how people readjust (or don't readjust) to their lives when they return. Ideally I'd like to find someone who experienced this within the last 5 years, but I'd like to speak to anyone on the subject.

If anyone went through this or knows someone who did please email me.

My deadline is November 16th.

-Ted Phillips

NYC

Offline Ted Phillips

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to the new Discussion Forum - Bootcamp/rehab
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2001, 06:35:18 PM »
My email address is [email protected]