Author Topic: What To Do Instead of Drugs and BM/ Incarceration  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
What To Do Instead of Drugs and BM/ Incarceration
« on: March 09, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
BOOK REVIEW by Naomi Aldort

Dr. John Breeding's book "True Nature and Great Misunderstandings" is a wake-up call to honor children's innate wisdom, and to stop altering their nature with drugs and behavior modification. Breeding reveals the startling truth about psychiatric drugs and labeling; they are a fraud and a system of control, devoid of scientific evidence and not unlike witch hunting and other religious and political systems of control. Although the reality is shocking, Breeding's tone and aim is compassionate as the title of the book pronounces: It is a misunderstanding.

"In order to stay close to children, we must transform ourselves, again and again," says Breeding. Drugs and manipulation of the child are ways to suppress the child and avoid transforming ourselves. The book tells us how to avoid the path of suppression, and how to prevent the cause of children's disturbing behaviors by understanding their true nature as well as our own.

Read this book for your sake, so you can heal and grow beyond your childhood hurts, and so that children can grow up to be themselves. We can
bring up the next generation in such a way that they will lead us on their path rather than repeat ours.

A child who is cared for in the way Breeding presents flourishes and is a joy to live with and to learn from. No child needs drugs or punishment;
those are adults' means of control and ways to avoid facing one's own emotional barriers. We can stay asleep and numb the child, or we can wake
up and celebrate her exuberance, her wildness and her passionate emotional expressions. Breeding makes it clear that nurturing a child without
controlling her is not about giving license; it is a path of deep connection, responsibility, and respect of one of nature's greatest wonders.

Naomi Aldort Ph.D. is a family therapist and parenting counselor who offers sessions by phone internationally. Her articles have been published
in Mothering magazine, Byron Child, Life Learning, McGraw Hill university textbook "A child's World," Gentle Spirit, Nurturing Parent, Hand in Hand, Family Life Magazine, GWS, and have been translated to Spanish, German, Dutch, Japanese and Hebrew. For articles, tapes, workshops, or to book a session: http://www.NaomiAldort.com
360 376-3777
[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »
What tripe.  The only books that deal with this subject are "Gone Way Down", "Not My Kid", or any others that I have written.  This touchy-feely, namby-pamby drivel is one of the reasons your kids are out of control--you don't practice Tough Love!  Follow the advice of the book in the post above, and your kid will be in need of Straight,Inc.-by-the-Sea before you begin reading Chapter 3.

Love ya!  Have a seat....
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
Who are you?  I have never heard of you!!!!  Do you have any idea what you are suggesting????????  You are kidding, right?  "Dr." ????????

Offline BSarro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
DR.Newton tries to make a difference for so many and the thanks he gets from you people is you  people spewing hatred at him. How pitiful.

God helps those who help themselves.                     Take marriage seriously.                      Once, the Wedding Ring goes on the finger,it stays on the finger.                              [ This Message was edited by: BSarro on 2005-03-09 20:27 ]
od helps those who help themselves.                            Take marriage seriously.                             Once the Wedding Ring goes on the finger, it stays on the finger.

Offline BSarr0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
Be nice to Dr. Newton he is helping me through my psycholigical problems. You see i am a psycho controle freak and a holly roller and i he is going to help me at Straigh by the Sea. I need help with my issues please leave the good Dr. Newton alone so he can help me..