Author Topic: They System Is the Whole Problem and You Are Accountable  (Read 10616 times)

Offline Roy

• View Profile
They System Is the Whole Problem and You Are Accountable
« on: March 08, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »
Look, CEDU is an abusive cult. I worked there as a therapist and spent most of my 4 years trying to keep kids out of the hospital and off of psychotropic drugs. Why? Because the program was designed to drive them nuts with, double-binds, mixed messages, and conflicting rules that are no win no matter what they did. They place kids on restrictions and bans in order to make them feel intolerable emotional pain in order to control their thoughts. CEDU is a cult whose technology is taken directly out of cults. Scientology, Mormonism, Earhart Seminars Training, Lifespring and Synanon. I could go on and on, but why bother. This country is ruled by money and corporations by politicians who take that payola so they can exploit the average working joe and even the semi-wealthy. Kids are a commodity to CEDU, nothing more. The poster who said that you have little legal or regulatory recourse, sadly, is correct. That there is little regulation is a political game, a set up, designed to enrich big business with Bush at the helm. There is only one thing you can do about CEDU, and I can't say it, but, I can give you a hint. We did it in the 60s at universities, at government buildings, in the south, and across the country. The only mistake we made was to stop demonstrating and fighting and sitting in and smoking out and trashing places "singing songs and carrying signs." If you will. The only thing that saved kids at Northwest Academy was rioting, and it also saved them at Rocky Mountain Academy - RMA is now gone. Now, I am not suggesting rioting as a solution, because I can't. But, the only way to dethrone a tyrant is shown by history. You storm his seat of power and you take over, you lose him money and power. Remember that money and power are all they (the status quo) care about, and all they will ever care about. If you don't believe that, you are delusional or brainwashed. So, if you want change, you have to take risks and pay a big price. You are not going to get anything by working within the system, because the system is the whole problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
Roy,
We remember you from our time at RMA.  
We were hoping you would be interested in doing an interview for our documentary.  Please contact us directly at [email protected]
-thanks

Offline CEDU 1974-75

• View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Roy:In my personal experience with this fornits site,it has become my opinion that your comments regarding the "cedu experience" offer the clearest articulation of the gross abuses perpetrated by cedu.
I mean;Where else are we going to get an authoritive use of such terms as double-binds,mixed messages,conflicting rules and stuff like that,(I especially liked the term psycho-dynamic propheets)if it doesn't come from you,someone with firsthand experience?
It would probably all be laughable if it wasn't so goddamn sad.
Here in Las Vegas there will be a protest March 19 to mark the second anniversary of our immoral and bloody invasion and occupation of Iraq.I'll be there,hopefully carrying a sign with some half-assed witisism regarding the use of DEPLETED FUCKING URANIUM.
You're so right.It's all tied together and none of us should have bought into the crap they were selling us.
Anyway here is my request....
Give these guys the interview.I'm afraid there are a lot of people whose true voice may never be heard on this matter....
[ This Message was edited by: CEDU 1974-75 on 2005-03-08 18:36 ][ This Message was edited by: CEDU 1974-75 on 2005-03-08 18:38 ]
\"Work is love made visible\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
Is this roy phillips????????

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »
No, I am not Roy Phillips, but I admired him so much. I have read the dialogue on fornits on the documentary and, I hope I am wrong, but I believe that the "documentary" is a CEDU smoke-screen to identify dissenters for law suits. Therefore. I won't be giving any interviews.

What I would like is for people to talk substance and use this forum to end corporate rule, not only of CEDU, but everywhere. I hate it to hear people bickering with each other when they should be joining forces to organize to advocate for parents, kids, and workers who are being used and thrown away by a so-called democracy that is no more and a token bill of rights for show only.
This is a corporate dictatorship - let's face it.

We have a big problem. Bigger than CEDU, and we need a movement to stop it. There is a big counter culture with networks all over. Join up with The "Direct Action Network" (DAN). They need to knoew about these boarding schools like CEDU and to go to the parent conferences and protest. DAN was behind the WTO protest and the G8 summit. CEDU is small stuff for them, but they would be interested if they heard intelligent people tell their horror stories. See their site at
http://www.raisethefist.com

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
Oh Well, It looks like the good ol USA shut the site down because of the stupid idea to post bomb instructions. That was really a dumb thing for this Guy from DAN to do. Anyway, there are still a lot of interesting links avilable through that link left on the page.

For the record, I don't, and never will, advocate hurting people. I still believe in nonviolent social action and protest, and I think CEDU needs a taste of it at the next parent conference at the Coeur d'Alene resort in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

I know a kid who is planning one. I may call him and ask him if he wants to invite people from fornits.

Royski  [ This Message was edited by: Roy on 2005-03-09 20:24 ]

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »
Now that's an idea. Roy, be sure to let us know if he would like a few more heads for his cause.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »
Hmmm,interesting because your style is exactly like that patronizing SOB roy phillips. Roy used tactics that pacified students while validating their complaints. He used language very similar to the jargon you choose to use.

I am calling bullshit. if you are not roy phillips, you use the same tactics. don't listen to this guy. He stole from our families and he has the audacity to use the "expert halo" to disguise his true intentions.

why would he work here and comprimise his morals for a "cult."

I don't agree with a lot of that tactics used at the CEDU schools although i did gain a lot from the experience. this guy is the epitamy of what you guys fight, ironic that the argument i have brought up are so vehemently fought while this guy is revered because he blows smoke up your ass. think about the motivations, "Roy" claims to have worked at the school. Why else would you not want your views expressed in an objective forum like the documenatary being made by former students? there are plenty of ways to express views and still remain anonymous don't try to hide behind you anonymity at least one of us knows you are full of it.

This guy and Son Of (a bitch)Serbia are afraid that their veiws might be confronted. i remember kids just like them at the school. kids who made empty threats because they knew that others were more mature than them and would not resort to violence over dumb shit like a basketball game, or a simple disagreement.

we have a saying: if you aren't afraid, you aren't paying attention.

and if you go around posting bomb intructions and advocating riots i hope you go to prison for a long time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
A therapist was stealing from your family? Are you kidding? Yes program staff, yes FSC's, yes admin staff, but if there were two types of people at cedu that I can safely say didn't "steal" from our families, it's the therapists and the kitchen ladies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
ya right they just helped make you fatter and lied to you.

by continueing "therapy" when there is no reason they are effectively stealing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Cool, I wanted to piss them off. I guess I did. And, they played right in to it. And there was a bonus. They began again exposing their true brain-washed culture and character.

And, they didn't even notice that RMA went out of business. And that It started its decline right after Roy Phillips left. I was there. Roy kept them from abusing kids. Now they have 25 lawsuits for child abuse pending. "Well, I guess it wa Roy's Fault." This is the mentality of Boulder Creek Academy and Northwest Academy also. They are so fucking Dumb - so stuck in group think.

I wonder if annon noticed the comma splices and grammatical errors in his/her post. It has to be on of those Mormon or other fundamentalist Christian conservatives from CEDU in Bonners Ferry Idaho. Nobody credible would be that stupid.

It also sounds a lot like Lon from struggling teens.com. Whoever it is, he/she has not realized that I don't care what he/she thinks or says - not at all. Stepping on a bug would upset me though. Why hurt a creature that is just going about his business and not bothering anyone. So, I'm not going to bother this person.

Anyway, that bullshit aside, I came here to let you know that there is a better organization that didn't shut itself down by doing such a stupid thing as DAN. And it seems more professional and more ethical. It is:
http://reclaimdemocracy.org/

LOVE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
the school shut down because roy left? pbbbbffft, if you can't tell that's me laughing, that guy would listen to you, turn around and inform the other staff of what you said, look for the angles. he definitely used a few, no wonder you ended up at the school you guys are fucking gullible. funny when i was there we would just talk mad shit about that guy, now he's a saint. ha. funny how things change when you are desperately grasping for anything to prove your point.

the place sucked, yes, should it have been shut down, probably. are there wilderness programs that do good thing for troubled kids, yes, have you changed since your time there, not much.

is there a bigger problem in america, fuck yes, a systematic war is being waged on the environment and our childrens' future. want to change things get informed, learn about what you are talking about, write letters work with other people, and FUCKING VOTE!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
The school did shut down because the therapists had no clout and were unable to get the staff to comply with ethical standards

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Yep, there was a meeting where Brown Schools introduced a treatment code of ethics. It was simply a document asking for respect, dignity, a chance at self determination, no forced isolation,
no emotional torture.

We therapists thought that "at last the CULT was going to become humane and decent," following the same standards that any mental health or chemical dependency professional is required by law and professional ethics to uphold.

The meeting did not go well. Program staff stood up in the meeting and flatly refused to follow any code of conduct. Twenty six law suits later, RMA (The school in question) is out of business because of charges of child abuse and maltreatment. Brown did not "hold the staff accountable"

Roy Phillips held the whole thing together arguing with the staff and trying to help them not get the school sued, and he did a damn good job. But, because Brown Schools backed down to the uneducated, unprofessional, unethical, abusive and undersocialized RMA staff, they killed the code of ethics.

Then All hell broke loose. The beginning of the "decline" was here.

Eventually, when the school was down to 30 students fron about 90, Roy was asked to run the clinical department. He was smart enough to know what a sinking ship lookes like. And, he knew that the staff were totally "bought in" to an abusive cult system, and therefore, taking the job would be a set up for losing his psychologist license. So, (smart man) he refused the position.

CEDU retaliated and asked him to leave. The next day after he left he had a massive heart attack. It killed him to leave his kids. He may be dead. I don't know.

Roy the poster, whoever he is, has it all down pat. And, he is telling the truth that CEDU can't handle and won't be able to handle until all of the schools are closed down. The schools are well on their way to the end with this class action suit for child abuse. Well on their way because they have no 'real" insight, no "real' compassion, no "real" sense of self. All they really have is what Ginger described so well -  A "Circle Jerk."

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
YES!!!!!