Author Topic: Talked to Exec staff who thinks you all need to get over it  (Read 24318 times)

Offline Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
Talked to Exec staff who thinks you all need to get over it
« on: October 15, 2002, 11:04:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Marti on 2002-10-30 08:20 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 08:31:00 AM »
Gee, is that supposed to frighten us off?  Does Crock(oh such an appropriate name) really believe that they are the only people with friends in high places?  Well, lets get ourselves counter-sued then.  The St Pete Times buys ink by the 55 gallon drum and has been sympathetic for over 20 years to us.  Let the court of public opinion decide if "helping" us was what STRAIGHT did.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »
I am not addressing this to you, but I'm only stating how I feel and I am quite appauld at her remarks, I am quite angry and upset over her responses and she is the one who needs to understand what torchure we all went through, not just at her facility, but all the others like it.

Sorry for rambling, but I needed to get this out.

[ This Message was edited by: Marti on 2002-11-10 07:25 ]
usan Minns

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 03:28:00 PM »
I thought this board was for St Pete early days issues.  I appreciate all posts, but I think we should moderate ourselves to keeping certain things, debate, issues covered on main board.  Am I out to lunch on this?  I hate to say St Pete only, and don't think we should limit ourselves, but people from 1991 in new jersey or michigan went through a VERY different experience. If we want to hold the interest of well spoken successful former straightlings ready to DO something, this board must remain tightly focused.
Bill Hadley
12/80-12/82
St Pete & Atlanta
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 03:34:00 PM »
Please don't take that last post the wrong way, as I am a prolific poster on the main board.  We have to organize.  Look at the bunny huggers, right to lifers, etc.  A movement begins in chaos, and progresses with time.  we need a spot for strategy, reunion, and planning.  We have a spot for theraputic remembrance and debate already.
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 08:47:00 PM »
Bill, I get your point. I'm not the moderator of this forum and I never saw the inside of the Morgan Yacht building. However, I know a little bit about discussion forums, how they work and how they sometimes fail to work.

Yeah, it's a good idea to try to limit discussion to the topic. But the last thing you want to do is exclude others from the discussion. At least, that's the last thing I want to see you do, anyway. I want the word to get out on these places and the people who made themselves rich and powerful through them.

Mel Sembler gave money to Straight??? My Ass, he did! How much in ARs when you combine fees paid by parents, dontaions, grants?

Compare with APs, including a warehouse, florescent lights, staff on slave wages housed in group apartments, liability insurance.... what else? No housing, clothing or food expenses, parents covered all of that. What else.... let's see... there was no medical treatment, what little medical attention anyone got was paid for by their parents. There were no outings, no books, no teachers, no professional shrinks.... that leaves MO money for the few top execs who had control of roughly $100,000,000 in declared income (over and above expenses, I believe) over the course of a decade and a half of Program operation.

Dave Crock should have spent more time in math class and les time with his nose up certain crevices. Oh, and how much cash did Smell Sembler give to that flunky directly? And for what service?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2002, 01:58:00 AM »
I have to agree with Antigen on this one the point was not to exclude anyone.But merely a place for those of us that were at morgan yacht to share stories, however I also think you have a point about a central planning place and will get with Antigen on that. I personally welcome others here to read what we went through and comment on it or just to read it to see what it was like for us.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2002, 09:34:00 AM »
Sorry for doing that, however, since everything in Straight seemed to be related back to Mel Sembler, no matter what Straight you were in. I think I had a valid reason to post.
usan Minns

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2002, 10:15:00 PM »
Hey guys, I am the last one to exclude anyone, but if you were not in St Pete, if you don't know the basic history of the program, and who was doing what, why don't ya read up on it.  I have been online for a LONG time, and remember when a clueless post to a thread would get you blasted, flamed, then banned if it was a regular habit. Call me old school.  I take it from the responding posts that I am a dinosaur...
 I never set foot in Morgan Yacht either.  I started right after the move to Gandy.  I guess I thought this was a new board for a new purpose, not more of the hash it out theraputic stuff.  Being that I was never actually at Morgan, but the people who were moved to Gandy, I can see the "openess" point quite clearly. It would be nice to trade some stories and stuff.
Does anyone know what became of Wayne Bylaska after he 7 stepped?  What about the Atkins girls, Danny Roach,Mark Gilley, or the Kuhn brothers?
Bill

[ This Message was edited by: tampa survivor on 2002-10-17 20:05 ]
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2002, 11:22:00 PM »
One evening after group, my nukes, foster brother and a guy who lived nearby and shared rides to NW Hillsborough with us were talking at my house, waiting for his mom to pick him up.  Danny Roach was his name and as a 4th phase lifer, he KNEW it all, as I was only 3rd and coming up for the first time.  Well, I had gotten my finger crunched pretty good between those nice new blue chairs because the rap that night was one of those who can out motivate who deals where the rows got all screwed up.  All of a sudden Danny starts getting all agitated when my mom asked "what were you doing in that place to the chairs?"  I said motivating wildly.  Danny accuses me of talking behind the groups back.  OKAY FINE, so mom looks at him a bit weirdly, and asks how my finger got squished, and I told her about the hooks broke loose, then I started trying too hook it back to the next chair, and it got smashed.  Danny stands up and starts RANTING about "you can't talk behind the chairs back"  My mom laughed, then this guy starts yelling that I will be reported, and probably started over for it.  He was HYSTERICAL that the chairs confidentiality had been broken and the integrity of group had just been hugely violated.
  What a freaking nutty mindset.  He did turn me in, I got stood up, but I was just given an ass chewing and sat down without penalty.  I split for the first time soon after, as I KNEW these people were cracked.
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2002, 12:33:00 PM »
Marti
     How long did you talk to Dave?  I heard that at some point while still living in the Cincinnati area that he often times went to my former Senior Pastor for couseling himself.  Turns out he had become depressed and suicidal.  I'm not sure if it was because of the guilt he carried with him from Straight or if he had other issues.
     E-mail me privately as I would like to contact Dave myself.

Thanks

Don
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »
If you were in the new building when it first opened thats close enough , most of all the same staff members were there. I was in both the new building ( as it was called when it was being built) and Morgan Yacht . I remember those names Atkins, Danny Roach and Mark Gilley, I'm not sure what happened to any of them. I used to see a guy named (Clark Whitman, not sure about the last name it's something like that) out at this club in Tampa a few years after I ran . The club went through a few names (Confetti,Baha Beach Club, Yucatan Liquer Stand) I think it was off Westshore; anyway ,I uesd to see him and he would look at me, I knew he recognised me, because when I was in the program I went to his house in Tampa durring transport and used to ride in in with him because I had tried to split . Someone told me he became a staff member maybe thats why he never said anything to me when I saw him out at clubs. Do you rember him?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »
On 2003-01-20 20:26:00, Anonymous wrote:
Bill,"If you were in the new building when it first opened thats close enough , most of all the same staff members were there. I was in both the new building ( as it was called when it was being built) and Morgan Yacht . I remember those names Atkins, Danny Roach and Mark Gilley, I'm not sure what happened to any of them. I used to see a guy named (Clark Whitman, not sure about the last name it's something like that) out at this club in Tampa a few years after I ran . The club went through a few names (Confetti,Baha Beach Club, Yucatan Liquer Stand) I think it was off Westshore; anyway ,I uesd to see him and he would look at me, I knew he recognised me, because when I was in the program I went to his house in Tampa durring transport and used to ride in in with him because I had tried to split . Someone told me he became a staff member maybe thats why he never said anything to me when I saw him out at clubs. Do you rember him? "

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »
Wow. Poor chair.....Wonder what ever happened to those blue chairs? There must be 1000s of them sitting in warehouses...err that used to sit in warehouses...err..
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
We will be appropriating as many of those blue chairs as we can for re-use at SIBS.
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease