Author Topic: FL police  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
FL police
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
Spoken like a good little Nazi!

You think they ought to taser your 22yo daughter if she calls you next time she gets pulled over?

Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.
--Bastard Administrator

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
FL police
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
Good little Nazi? whatever, did he not tell her to put out the cig, and put down the phone and get out of the car? what is so fucking hard about that?
 Same shit when somebody runs from the cops, they deserve to have their ass ran down. Put yourself in the officers place, just possibly there where other circumstances. I think some of you have a problem with the law in general.

Hey flame on, but when a police officer ask you to do something, like get out of the car, what is so fucking hard about that. I guess its better for some people to look for confrontation well she got it.My daughter is 16 by the way and has far more sense than this woman. And spare me the civil rights bullshit
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FL police
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
On 2005-06-03 12:01:00, thepatriot wrote:

And spare me the civil rights bullshit

"

Spoken like a good little Nazi

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
FL police
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »
Patriot, can you say overkill? The girl was obviously frightened and trying to get word out before her impending arrest. If your daughter were black and living in Boynton Bch., I'm sure you'd want her to do the same. Honestly, all she had to do was say "Just a second, I'm talking to my lawyer" and the whole thing would have gone down in a non-newsworthy way.

This was a classic contempt of cop/driving while dark incident.  

For myself, I do not believe in any revelation. As for a future life, every man must judge for himself between conflicting vague probabilities.
--Charles Robert Darwin, English naturalist

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
FL police
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
I cant find the thread yall had about the Fla. police ...But found this:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=37936
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
FL police
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
Wow, look at that! It found you!

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
FL police
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »
http://www.local6.com/news/5976463/detail.html

Bill That Would Ban Using Stun Guns On Children Hits Snag

POSTED: 11:42 am EST January 10, 2006

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A pair of bills that would prohibit police and others from using stun guns on children 16 or younger are in trouble after their sponsor failed to appear before a legislative committee Tuesday.

The Senate Education Committee postponed the bills and chairwoman Evelyn Lynn, R-Ormond Beach, said she was unsure whether they would be brought up again. The bills were filed after police officers drew criticism for using stun guns against children, including an elementary school pupil.

The committee had earlier delayed action on one of the bills by Sen. Gary Siplin, D-Orlando, rather than vote it down to give him a chance to offer changes in response to criticism from law enforcement officials. Siplin was not in Tallahassee due to an emergency and misunderstanding, a woman in his Orlando office said.

He did not immediately return a message seeking comment. "The problem with the bill when we discussed it previously -- and sheriffs will tell you -- is that you do not know what age a child is," Lynn said.

Lynn said lawmakers are also worried that police would shoot children if barred from using stun guns. A Senate staff report also notes it would be difficult for any citizen using a stun gun for self-defense to know if a youthful attacker is 16 or under.

The bills were introduced after Miami-Dade County officers used a stun gun on a 6-year-old boy who was wielding a piece of glass in a principal's office and on a 12-year-old girl who was playing hooky. The girl was drunk and, while trying to escape the officer, was about to run into traffic when she was stunned, police said.

A Jacksonville officer received a three-day suspension last year for zapping a 13-year-old girl at least twice with a stun gun while she was handcuffed in the back seat of his caged patrol car.

Siplin's first bill (SB 318) would prohibit anyone, including police, from using a Taser or similar weapon that can stun a person with a high-voltage jolt of electricity on a child 16 or younger on school grounds.

His second bill (SB 554) would extend the same prohibition to any place if the stun gun user knew or should have known the child was 16 or younger. A violation could be punished by up to a year in jail and $1,000 fine.

Sen. Carey Baker, R-Eustis, said law enforcement officials have twice taken time away from their duties to appear at committee meetings. Several were on hand Tuesday but the bills were delayed without public testimony.

Baker, a gun shop owner, said Siplin also has never discussed the bills' problems with committee members.

"I would recommend that, really, until the sponsor can address our committee's concerns individually, I'd recommend that we not hear these bills again," Baker said.

More than 100 people have died in the United States and Canada since 2001 after being shocked with a Taser, including several in Florida. In nearly all cases the deaths were blamed on other factors including drug use.

Police and manufacturers insist the weapons are safe, but some jurisdictions have limited their use.

Another bill (CS-SB 214) would allow police and correctional officers to use stun guns only on subjects who offer active physical resistance and have the apparent ability to physically threaten officers and others or on suspects who are attempting to flee or escape.

That measure has been approved by the Senate Criminal Justice Committee and is pending before the Justice Appropriations Committee. A similar bill (HB 303) is scheduled for a hearing Wednesday by the House Criminal Justice Committee.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

bey your Noodly Master

Emancipate from mental slavery

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FL police
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »
Check up on Injustice busters
http://injusticebusters.com/05/Tasers.shtml