Author Topic: The Academy at Sisters, OR  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Toni

• View Profile
The Academy at Sisters, OR
« on: March 02, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »
I've been doing extenuating research about TBS on the West Coast and The Academy at Sisters seems to be the only one not showing major problems. At least nothing I could find. So... they are either really good or really bad...

Info/experiences/feedback anybody?

Thank you from a very troubled and confused teenager
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
oni

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
:eek:

Tell me, please. After reading all the shit on this board, why the hell would you want to go to a TBS?

If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs,
you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors,
shall all become wolves.  It seems to be the law of our general
nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »
Good question, Nihil... I'd like to hear the answer to that as well.

Here's what I've got on Sisters. They're on the HEAL watchlist (http://www.heal-online.org/childtortureusa.htm#or37). Here's what HEAL has to say about them:

The Academy at Sisters in Bend, OR is suspected of being an abusive behavior modification facility.  According to their website they use ?cognitive restructuring? and ?behavior modification? techniques on their captives.  Both of these terms are defined as types of brainwashing.  Based on this information and the lack of detail regarding the structure of their program in general makes Academy at Sisters highly suspect.  We recommend you do not send your child to this program.  If you were abused or had your rights violated by Academy at Sisters, please contact us with your experience so we may post it here as a warning to others.

Offline Toni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
I'll posted this again... The other one didn't go through.

As I said, I don't owe anybody an explanation. Anyway,you are not the only voices I heard. There are good successes and good stories out there... but you don't give much room to them here.  Not all schools are bad, as well as not all are good, of course.
As for HEAL, they just have "suspects", if they don't have anything else. They just don't like TBS and I'm sure they have their good reasons for that. I don't feel that a "suspect" is good enough, not here not in any other situations. I want to make my own decision based on facts, not others' suspects.I'm looking for "real" stories and experiences.
If somebody knows something about this school I'd like to know, otherwise don't bother.
oni

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »
Well, sign yourself in Toni. In a couple of years you can come back and give us a full account of your experience. You asked for informaiton, you certainly aren't forced to take it dear.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »
You'll willingly go into a program where you are held captive and cut off from the outside world for months to years?

Be my guest. Just dont say I didnt warn you. And, also, I fail to see why youd ever consider doing that. You KNOW you'll be held captive and you KNOW you'll be unallowed communication. Are you trying to escape a family situation?

Every man thinks God is on his side. The rich and powerful know he is.
--Jean Anouilh, French dramatist and playwright

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »
this is so weird, i found them to. i think the kids go out of the country to.